Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
bobmcfc said:
If Vincent is back on Wednesday then that is a huge boost surely ? Everything going forward has clicked and surely now the fact that Komps and Nastasic have a great partnership and pants looking calm in goal means we can worry less about the back line. I'm feeling confident we will look solid in midweek if Vincent is there.

Vinny being back is of course a big plus, but it doesn't have a massive bearing on the space at the back of our midfield. He steps out and intercepts well but in general his inclusion helps more with organisation and distribution from the back (both of which have been better the last month anyway). To look solid it takes an extra player in there like we did at Chelsea.

Will he? Won't he?

I can see your point and it's totally his decision, not an easy one at that. If you play one up front then you have to decide who out of kun and Alvaro who is most affective as a lone striker because if you get that wrong then it Turns into a thankless task. I'm all for having a solid defence but with the way we have been playing it might be at the expense of our attacking flair which was something that was levelled against Mancini and big gripe with some posters on here. I'm starting to see that we don't have to play it too safe away from home if we can just see that home confidence the players show in abundance.

Lol, call me greedy Dave but I kind of feel like I Wouldn't want to sacrifice our attacking approach that we have all been spoiled with lately, I bloody like it when we stick 5 past the opposition ;) so I think we should stick with two up front as usual but you are right in regards to having a man sit in front of that back four so my obvious choices are either Yaya or fernandinho but who ? Yaya is strong but not as mobile but fern is mobile but not as strong so I need a little guidance from the more tactically minded posters on the forum . As long as it's not Garcia of course

After that then I would be more inclined to have Milner in the wing for his defensive attributes .

Excuse me if I'm talking shite though. What I'm trying to say is I trust our back line more than I used to. I think taking joe out of the firing line has benefited the team

Blue Tooth said:
moomba said:
samharris said:
whats not positive about not conceeding..lets discuss facts not possibilities..

Very happy we didnt concede. But a clean sheet today won't stop us conceding in games to come. Improving one of the weaker areas of our game will.

Another good attacking display today...It does concern me how much space we leave between the middle two and the back four...I imagine a Barca/Bayern/Madrid and dare I say Arsenal side would have picked our pockets today. Still for me, an area of concern against better quality finishers.
Important two aways coming up now and with Arsenal at home for both we'll do well to keep the gap at 6 points before we play them.

Thought we tightened up a bit 2nd half. Every week, no matter how we do, people come on here and moan about the defensive side
of our game. We know it can improve and i'm sure the team and MP know it can improve, but each week we keep scoring and winning.
Our next 2 away games are the acid test. If we lose both and concede more than 2/3 goals I will concede that our defence is a shit as everybody
seems to be implying/saying.

samharris said:
Didsbury Dave said:
samharris said:
But it is horses for courses fella.. you dont set out at home against Swansea as you would for say Arsenal..

Before todays game If id said draw 0-0 or win 4-3 what would you have said ??

1 point and dont conceed any goals or 3 points and concede 3 goals??

Conceding isnt great,but the win is far more important..

Swansea gave us more of a game than the Scum or Spuds yet they are better teams than Swansea..
you dont know how a team will play until the game starts,and by then(as a manager) youve made yer choices.

That's the point this guy doesn't seem to get. To go 451 against Swansea at home would be ridiculously cautious, given the proven chemistry between our attacking players. I think he made a subtle change at half time, when he instructed yaya and fernandinho not to bomb forward willy nilly, and the centre halves to step out more into the hole when their players drifted there.

It gave us a total stranglehold on the game. You're always going to leave space with this 442 and with yaya in there. Bit if you are blasting 4 and 5 goals a game it doesn't matter.

Obviously it does to some Dave..

Clearly, fella. I can see why some are concerned because bayern murdered us for an hour because of this issue. Bit he did put that right next time we played a top side: Chelsea.

A hugely pleasing performance. Not the high octane stuff of recent weeks but great to watch nonetheless.

As others have said we have a couple of eminently winnable games coming up which could define our season. I expect six points followed by a solid beating of Arsenal at home. We seem to be shifting through the gears, the Sunderland game apart.

I'll be doing my bit for the lads on Wednesday in the corporate bit at The Hawthorns, although the catering does leave a lot to be desired it has to be said. The heated seats are nice though :-)

Didsbury Dave said:
samharris said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's the point this guy doesn't seem to get. To go 451 against Swansea at home would be ridiculously cautious, given the proven chemistry between our attacking players. I think he made a subtle change at half time, when he instructed yaya and fernandinho not to bomb forward willy nilly, and the centre halves to step out more into the hole when their players drifted there.

It gave us a total stranglehold on the game. You're always going to leave space with this 442 and with yaya in there. Bit if you are blasting 4 and 5 goals a game it doesn't matter.

Obviously it does to some Dave..

Clearly, fella. I can see why some are concerned because bayern murdered us for an hour because of this issue. Bit he did put that right next time we played a top side: Chelsea.

shame that game finished the way it did..

Seeing that the games are going to be coming thick and fast I think I'd be tempted to go 4-2-3-1 on Weds and Sat, knowing full well of course that we can switch it up should it be required.

...................Yaya............Ferny..................
.....Navas...............Nasri.................Jimmy....
...........................Sergio............................

In order to keep Aguero and Negredo fresh we might have to alternate who will sit on the bench while we only play with 1 up top. Aguero was close but Negredo was more on target today so initially I'd select Aguero to take a game off to play a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 which ever you prefer.

Would it be too much of a stretch to play VK just behind Yaya and Fernandinho? MDM and Lescott were cool today but ease VK back in to what we have going on currently.

Rammy Blue said:
Seeing that the games are going to be coming thick and fast I think I'd be tempted to go 4-2-3-1 on Weds and Sat, knowing full well of course that we can switch it up should it be required.

love Jimmy..

I'd like to see Rodwell come in in midfield either to partner with Fernandinho and Yaya or give one of them a breather. Still think we need to drop a striker for a midfielder, especially away from home and against these possession teams.

Rammy Blue said:

I agree. In the form Nasri's in I think it's a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.