Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Seeing that the games are going to be coming thick and fast I think I'd be tempted to go 4-2-3-1 on Weds and Sat, knowing full well of course that we can switch it up should it be required.

...................Yaya............Ferny..................
.....Navas...............Nasri.................Jimmy....
...........................Sergio............................

I agree. In the form Nasri's in I think it's a no brainer.

It also gives Yaya and Fern better license to make forward runs, as was seen in the second half today.

Tough on Beast but with the amount of games played over the next few weeks it'll make sense imo to start the rotation a little.

Delighted with the win,delighted with the team and more so delighted with MP for making the right changes at the right time.
Thought we were slightly overrun in the first half in the middle due to them packing it and us giving them slightly to much room however bringing Milner on certainly changed it.
We bossed that game apart from a 20 minute spell in the first half.
MP got it 100% bang on today. Played the best defence he had available. I hope he sticks to this on Wednesday but gives VK some game time.
I am taking my 67yr old mum to her first away on Wednesday and I can't wait.
Got a feeling we will go on a huge run now.
Sort the away form and the title will come. I am feeling very very positive tonight.
Can people stop moaning about the defence for today.They were solid and we didn't concede.
Well done MP

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
Seeing that the games are going to be coming thick and fast I think I'd be tempted to go 4-2-3-1 on Weds and Sat, knowing full well of course that we can switch it up should it be required.

It also gives Yaya and Fern better license to make forward runs, as was seen in the second half today.

Tough on Beast but with the amount of games played over the next few weeks it'll make sense imo to start the rotation a little.

The only slight disagreement I have is that we get the best out of Yaya when he pushes on, and we don't need 2 of them in there doing that job. It's actually a bit over cautious imo, which may sound a bit strange coming from me. I'd go 4-1-4-1:
---------------------Fernandinho------------------
Navas----------Yaya--------Nasri----------Milner
--------------------Aguero---------------------
With Silva coming in for Milner when he gets fit.

Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:

Let's see what he does. He might think having Vinny back he can play the same way as at home. As I say though for me it's a no brainer.

How good was Nasri today. I really think moving him central is the future.

bobmcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
bobmcfc said:
If Vincent is back on Wednesday then that is a huge boost surely ? Everything going forward has clicked and surely now the fact that Komps and Nastasic have a great partnership and pants looking calm in goal means we can worry less about the back line. I'm feeling confident we will look solid in midweek if Vincent is there.

Vinny being back is of course a big plus, but it doesn't have a massive bearing on the space at the back of our midfield. He steps out and intercepts well but in general his inclusion helps more with organisation and distribution from the back (both of which have been better the last month anyway). To look solid it takes an extra player in there like we did at Chelsea.

Will he? Won't he?

I can see your point and it's totally his decision, not an easy one at that. If you play one up front then you have to decide who out of kun and Alvaro who is most affective as a lone striker because if you get that wrong then it Turns into a thankless task. I'm all for having a solid defence but with the way we have been playing it might be at the expense of our attacking flair which was something that was levelled against Mancini and big gripe with some posters on here. I'm starting to see that we don't have to play it too safe away from home if we can just see that home confidence the players show in abundance.

Lol, call me greedy Dave but I kind of feel like I Wouldn't want to sacrifice our attacking approach that we have all been spoiled with lately, I bloody like it when we stick 5 past the opposition ;) so I think we should stick with two up front as usual but you are right in regards to having a man sit in front of that back four so my obvious choices are either Yaya or fernandinho but who ? Yaya is strong but not as mobile but fern is mobile but not as strong so I need a little guidance from the more tactically minded posters on the forum . As long as it's not Garcia of course

After that then I would be more inclined to have Milner in the wing for his defensive attributes .

Excuse me if I'm talking shite though. What I'm trying to say is I trust our back line more than I used to. I think taking joe out of the firing line has benefited the team

This time of year you need to rotate and with Dzeko not firing on all cylinders it makes sense to alternate your star players and utilise 2 or 3 of your squad players.

You can play Negredo and Kun with a holding midfielder but it means two of Silva, Nasri or Navas have to sit out, but in some games you need that killer instinct more than pretty passing.

Pellegrini has to be sensible and pick up wins, it's clear that we're far too open, even at home and that it needs tightening up. I don't believe it would be detrimental to our attacking prowess much at all because I have full faith in everyone from midfield up to be able to contribute to the attacking play. With a holding midfielder in there it allows the likes of Fern to join in more and he's very proactive and talented.

It's why somebody like a Lars Bender is top of my list for January, because I think he can hold and box to box, whereas Fern is a lot keener to box to box than sit, so I think having somebody like a Bender would allows to play 2 or 3 at the drop of the hat, and have someone of suitable quality so that you can rest Fern or Yaya, which we need to be doing as our star players who haven't been injured yet are starting to play too many games and there are a hell of a lot of fixtures coming up, we're playing midweek as well pretty much through to the new year now, and we have to be sensible when it comes to setting up with our squad players involved as they have limitations.

BillyShears said:
Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:

Let's see what he does. He might think having Vinny back he can play the same way as at home. As I say though for me it's a no brainer.

How good was Nasri today. I really think moving him central is the future.

Diamond!! at least with Jovetic not fit.

hgblue said:
Rammy Blue said:
BillyShears said:

The only slight disagreement I have is that we get the best out of Yaya when he pushes on, and we don't need 2 of them in there doing that job. It's actually a bit over cautious imo, which may sound a bit strange coming from me. I'd go 4-1-4-1:
---------------------Fernandinho------------------
Navas----------Yaya--------Nasri----------Milner
--------------------Aguero---------------------
With Silva coming in for Milner when he gets fit.

Yeah, I wouldn't play yaya deep when we try to shore things up. Play him where he's more effective.

...................fernandinho...Milner

........nasri...............yaya..............aguero

..........................beast

But he won't do that. If he does go for a three it will be Garcia next to fernandinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.