Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Ducado said:
davymcfc said:
People seem to forget that last season we struggled to break teams down. You have to give pellegrini credit for making us the most attractive team to watch on the premier league that scores goals for fun. He now needs to sort out the consistency and play the strongest available team at all times.

We were saying yesterday that no matter what, we are a lot more entertaining to watch at home anyway, when we surge forward you can hear the crowd get going, just repeat something like that away

spot on, we'd all love to win the league, but if we finish second would we be as gutted with how good we are to watch, iv'e been mesmerised by our football at times this season.
Well it beats coming second while playing sideways football.

Didsbury Dave said:
Burtonblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Of course you can. They would both be In the wide positions in our strongest eleven. But you certainly can't have them bombing up and down the line, defending against wingers. Well you can, but they would neither defend well enough nor penetrate enough because neither are quick and neither go outside defenders.
The problem for me is they both need to run the show to play at the top of their abilities. Playing them together blunts their effectiveness especially Nasri. This has become glaringly obvious in the last month with Silva's enforced abscence.
We are truly blessed to have two such amazing players in our squad, but for me they are best alternated as opposed to played together.

I don't agree at all mate. When silva and nasri link up with the forwards and yaya, our pass and move game is sublime. You can never leave silva out because he's the best attacking midfielder in the country, and at the moment nasri is playing well too. Navas is the one who will surely make way for silva. He's a good sub too, if we need width and pace.

They used to say that you couldn't play Ali and Eyal together until they started destroying teams for fun.

For me (and so far for pellegrini and Mancini) you never ever leave silva out for football reasons.
I take your point on some levels but still think it unbalances the side to play both as they really like to boss the game. Silva is more versatile in that he likes to drift from right to left. Nasri very much wants to play down the left and cannot function as effectively on the right side.
It's just my opinion...

Didsbury Dave said:
Danamy said:
Rammy Blue said:
As much as I'm over the moon for Sami, he still isn't a patch on Merlin, imo.

If we were to play "one in the hole" then it would be Dave, all day for me.

Not a bad back-up though!

100% agree Rammy

He's having a great season and he's now playing like the player we thought we were getting from Arsenal but he's not the same player when Merlin plays, that's not a dig, just an observation.

I think he's been playing superbly with silva this season. Silva makes players look better and his constant movement into space opens up options for nasri.

But I agree with you both that silva is a more dangerous player. But nasri is doing well most weeks now.
Someone please correct me if I misheard Lawro the Beard on MOTD2 last night, but I'm sure I heard him say in his praising of Nasri that Silva "slows City down". What a load of bollox from this tramp lookalike if indeed he did say this.

Do we not give managers and coaches too much significance?

Pellegrini and City are looking good because of the quality of Negredo, and Navas who have clicked relatively quickly and because of the return to form of Nasri

Now how much of that is down to Pellegrini, and how much is it down to good luck and the general well being of the players concerned?

This time last season, City were struggling as Aguero was struggling with one injury after another and our goals dried up, whilst at the back Kompany had a calf injury which dogged him for 12 months. And Mancini's magic touch deserted him

So as managers have said before, they are only as good as the players they have available

AVB is suddenly a bad manager and why? Soldado is struggling and his creative acquisition Eriksen is injured.

Managers make an impact over months if not seasons - if they get the chance - but the short term changes in results are down more to injury and players swings and dips in form, than any influence a manager might have.

davymcfc said:
Ducado said:
We were saying yesterday that no matter what, we are a lot more entertaining to watch at home anyway, when we surge forward you can hear the crowd get going, just repeat something like that away

spot on, we'd all love to win the league, but if we finish second would we be as gutted with how good we are to watch, iv'e been mesmerised by our football at times this season.

Good dig but I also think, Negredo, Dinho and Navas have something to do with the way we are playing. Dinho gets it forward much quicker than Barry. Great technique with both feet.

I'm no cynic said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Danamy said:
100% agree Rammy

He's having a great season and he's now playing like the player we thought we were getting from Arsenal but he's not the same player when Merlin plays, that's not a dig, just an observation.

I think he's been playing superbly with silva this season. Silva makes players look better and his constant movement into space opens up options for nasri.

But I agree with you both that silva is a more dangerous player. But nasri is doing well most weeks now.
Someone please correct me if I misheard Lawro the Beard on MOTD2 last night, but I'm sure I heard him say in his praising of Nasri that Silva "slows City down". What a load of bollox from this tramp lookalike if indeed he did say this.
I've had people say that to me before, I just laugh in their faces and tell them sky blue suits Silva better than bitter envious green does them.

robbieh said:
davymcfc said:

Good dig but I also think, Negredo, Dinho and Navas have something to do with the way we are playing. Dinho gets it forward much quicker than Barry. Great technique with both feet.
I actually think Barry was a good distributor of the ball. Players like yaya, silva and nasri very badly underperformed last season and I think pellegrini is getting the best out of them this time round.

Marvin said:

Pellegrini and City are looking good because of the quality of Negredo, and Navas who have clicked relatively quickly and because of the return to form of Nasri

Now how much of that is down to Pellegrini, and how much is it down to good luck and the general well being of the players concerned?

This time last season, City were struggling as Aguero was struggling with one injury after another and our goals dried up, whilst at the back Kompany had a calf injury which dogged him for 12 months. And Mancini's magic touch deserted him

So as managers have said before, they are only as good as the players they have available

AVB is suddenly a bad manager and why? Soldado is struggling and his creative acquisition Eriksen is injured.

Managers make an impact over months if not seasons - if they get the chance - but the short term changes in results are down more to injury and players swings and dips in form, than any influence a manager might have.

Nope they get paid for getting the best out of the players at their disposal and it is their job into moulding the side into an effective 'team'.

robbieh said:
davymcfc said:

but you can turn it around and say that mancini probably wouldn't have signed these players, would have still been sulking today at the club failing to sign cavani whilst pelli moved onto plan B straight away without moaning and bitching

Marvin said:

Deluded marv, if you can't see the style is down to pell then you should pack it in now, it's a refreshed version of Malaga and Villarreal, it's merely more effective because of the calibre of player, when the defence is sorted, and it will get sorted, you're going to be looking at a top 4 team in world football!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.