Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manager gets the criticism for bad performances and bad results, its only fair he gets the praise when things go well.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Marvin said:
Do we not give managers and coaches too much significance?

Pellegrini and City are looking good because of the quality of Negredo, and Navas who have clicked relatively quickly and because of the return to form of Nasri

Now how much of that is down to Pellegrini, and how much is it down to good luck and the general well being of the players concerned?

This time last season, City were struggling as Aguero was struggling with one injury after another and our goals dried up, whilst at the back Kompany had a calf injury which dogged him for 12 months. And Mancini's magic touch deserted him

So as managers have said before, they are only as good as the players they have available

AVB is suddenly a bad manager and why? Soldado is struggling and his creative acquisition Eriksen is injured.

Managers make an impact over months if not seasons - if they get the chance - but the short term changes in results are down more to injury and players swings and dips in form, than any influence a manager might have.

Deluded marv, if you can't see the style is down to pell then you should pack it in now, it's a refreshed version of Malaga and Villarreal, it's merely more effective because of the calibre of player, when the defence is sorted, and it will get sorted, you're going to be looking at a top 4 team in world football!

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Playing well at home is one thing, but he as got to get City playing well away, we won't win anything just winning in home games, and right now City are playing very good football and lets hope it continues.

holeinone said:
Playing well at home is one thing, but he as got to get City playing well away, we won't win anything just winning in home games, and right now City are playing very good football and lets hope it continues.
we'll get to the cl final if we keep winning all our home games by 3+ goals :)

Nice thought, but we ain't playing Tottenham or Swansea in the CL.

That said, if we get through to the quarters, I would LOVE to play United. I think we would bounce their sorry arses out of Europe.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
There is another way, but it requires total concentration and everyone to play their part.

Mancini didn't have the right personnel, but with Fernandino screening, we could catch a few teams off guard with a three at the back?

Hear me out... It fundamentally requires Zab and Kompany to make up two of the spots and if Demichelis had another yard, his reading of the game and distribution would have been ideal.

With a three we could also afford to drop in one of Milner or Rodwell in alongside Fernandinho, play Yaya advanced and still retain Sergio and the Beast?

Something like so....

Zabba.....Komps.......Demi/Nasty
...................Dinho.................
...............Milner.......Yaya......
.................Silva.....Nasri.........
..............Sergio........Beast.......

We are wide open anyhow on the counter but opponents would have to compensate for what is coming at them.

I'd absolutely piss myself if we rocked up at the hawthorns and unleashed that. They'd need plenty of defibrillators on stand by in the city end!

wireblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
There is another way, but it requires total concentration and everyone to play their part.

Mancini didn't have the right personnel, but with Fernandino screening, we could catch a few teams off guard with a three at the back?

Hear me out... It fundamentally requires Zab and Kompany to make up two of the spots and if Demichelis had another yard, his reading of the game and distribution would have been ideal.

With a three we could also afford to drop in one of Milner or Rodwell in alongside Fernandinho, play Yaya advanced and still retain Sergio and the Beast?

Something like so....

We are wide open anyhow on the counter but opponents would have to compensate for what is coming at them.

I'd absolutely piss myself if we rocked up at the hawthorns and unleashed that. They'd need plenty of defibrillators on stand by in the city end!
we'd get the record for highest scoring match in history imo, no guarantee we'd win though

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Something like so....

I like to see this formation, I call it "The Suicide Bomber":

.......Dinho.......Yaya......
Jesus…….Silva……...Nasri.........
.....Sergio........Beast.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.