Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did a Benitez like playing the averages move, took off all our good players to rest them for the saints game and brought on all our shit players to give them minutes, under the impression that the 3-0 scoreline meant game won.

He was correct.... Just about.

The cookie monster said:
blueinsa said:
The obvious pain that win has caused one or two so called blues on here is piss funny.

Mr Hannah is really felling it tonight bless him.
Can we not just celebrate a win without starting all this shit again.

It would be nice if every result, win or lose, didn't descend into petty point scoring but it works both ways.

Anyway, good result tonight and a great performance for large spells. Still concerning the way we conceded both goals but a step in the right direction for Pellegrini away from home. A win at Southampton would certainly help bury the issue about our away form.

It should never have got to 3-2 tonight, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.

K-Bo said:
He did a Benitez like playing the averages move, took off all our good players to rest them for the saints game and brought on all our shit players to give them minutes, under the impression that the 3-0 scoreline meant game won.

Another little learning exercise for Pellegrini. It really should not have mattered who he brought on at the times he did but it didn't turn out that way.Maybe he needs to be clearer in how they are expected to play to hold onto a lead rather than just throw them on.

K-Bo said:

Which is enough, thankfully!

At least we managed to rest a few. Southampton wavering. We're ready for liftoff

Yep. Rested clichy and negredo completely. Early bath for Sergio, yaya and Nasri. Enables us to go full strength (apart from silva) at Southampton.

He's doing well at getting a balance between resting players and giving players games. The fact that we keep bagging a load of goals is really helping in that respect. When we get silva back we are going to be unstoppable.

Didsbury Dave said:
Yep. Rested clichy and negredo completely. Early bath for Sergio, yaya and Nasri. Enables us to go full strength (apart from silva) at Southampton.

He's doing well at getting a balance between resting players and giving players games. The fact that we keep bagging a load of goals is really helping in that respect. When we get silva back we are going to be unstoppable.

I like Pellegrini but we've lost too many games. Strongest 11 possible and 16 points out of 18 in our next 6 please.

Didsbury Dave said:
He's doing well at getting a balance between resting players and giving players games.

Only concern as far as that goes at the moment is Yaya and Fernandinho. At some stage both are going to need a break. I can't see a good game to do that in the next few weeks though.

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He's doing well at getting a balance between resting players and giving players games.

Only concern as far as that goes at the moment is Yaya and Fernandinho. At some stage both are going to need a break. I can't see a good game to do that in the next few weeks though.

They shouldn't be playing in either of the cups and I'd be tempted to rest at least one against Palace at home.

That makes it more or less 4 games in the next 4 weeks which isn't too bad.

Is the gap between Swansea and Newcastle for the FA cup? If so hopefully a straight forward team at home and they both get another rest. Simple.

Also remember players can miss training as well as matches, or even just drop the intensity somewhat. I wouldn't worry too much unless one picks up a knock.

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Yeah, good point . An injury to either of those two is a worrying prospect too. Rodwell lightens the midfield load a little and we have two midweek cup games to rest them but it will be tough to rest both at once. He doesn't seem to fancy Milner centrally so its Rodwell and Garcia as the deputies.

Didsbury Dave said:
moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Yeah, good point . An injury to either of those two is a worrying prospect too. Rodwell lightens the midfield load a little and we have two midweek cup games to rest them but it will be tough to rest both at once. He doesn't seem to fancy Milner centrally so its Rodwell and Garcia as the deputies.

Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.