Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
moomba said:
Only concern as far as that goes at the moment is Yaya and Fernandinho. At some stage both are going to need a break. I can't see a good game to do that in the next few weeks though.

Yeah, good point . An injury to either of those two is a worrying prospect too. Rodwell lightens the midfield load a little and we have two midweek cup games to rest them but it will be tough to rest both at once. He doesn't seem to fancy Milner centrally so its Rodwell and Garcia as the deputies.

Yikes.
ah well he said no sales in january but he didn't say he wouldn't buy anyone and didn't one of el dos amigos say something about money to spend in january if we got through the champions league group? or maybe that was just a rumour...

Bar the two sloppy goals we were excellent again for long periods last night, we should have been out of sight at half time 3 or 4 nil.

Still cant understand why Garcia comes on and for me Lescott after Sundays performance should have started.

Looks like Southampton's bubble has burst, cant see anything but a win tbh.

moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He's doing well at getting a balance between resting players and giving players games.

Only concern as far as that goes at the moment is Yaya and Fernandinho. At some stage both are going to need a break. I can't see a good game to do that in the next few weeks though.
Bayern, its a no brainer, we're not going to top the group even if we play our best side, and if we get through the next round we could have to face them aagin, so why give them a chance to beat our first team again. The first team continue to improbve, if we have to play Bayern again, then let them think its the team they played in September, not this one.

cleavers said:
moomba said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He's doing well at getting a balance between resting players and giving players games.

Bayern, its a no brainer, we're not going to top the group even if we play our best side, and if we get through the next round we could have to face them aagin, so why give them a chance to beat our first team again. The first team continue to improbve, if we have to play Bayern again, then let them think its the team they played in September, not this one.

Definitely Bayern. Ya Ya is suspended anyway.

What he might actually do is play Fernandinho and one other at Bayern, and Yaya and one other at Leicester.

I'm with you, though. Throw the Bayern game. If I were him I'd ring Pep Guardiola and tell him he's playing the reserves, so Pep does too. Leicester's interesting. We've seen so far from Pellegrini that he will put strong benches in this competition, and this one might be the same.

The good news is regarding key players is that Silva has had a nice rest before rejoining the fray for "the push" over Christmas. Same as Kompany.

flb said:
Bar the two sloppy goals we were excellent again for long periods last night, we should have been out of sight at half time 3 or 4 nil.

Still cant understand why Garcia comes on and for me Lescott after Sundays performance should have started.

Looks like Southampton's bubble has burst, cant see anything but a win tbh.

Villa had no business winning that, just like against us. They also gave a great account of themselves for large periods against Arsenal and Chelsea. That will be one tough, tough game make no mistake.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Sorry but my only criticism is why didhe take Sergio off when it should have been Dzeko.Every single fan around me said the same!!!

Because it's more important to rest Aguero who will play at Southampton, opposed to Dzeko who won't. Of all the substitutions last night I thought this was the most obvious one.

Sorry but my only criticism is why didhe take Sergio off when it should have been Dzeko.Every single fan around me said the same!!!

Because he was resting him of course.

Didsbury Dave said:

Sorry but you could clearly see in Sergios body language that he was not happy. Neither was I and we completely went to pot for 20 minutes when he went off.
Letting Dzeko lead the line is simply suicidal and another 10 mins last night and we could quite easily have drawn that game.
Why does Suarez not get taken off at Liverpool.
Or Shrek at the swamp
Or Giroud at the Tarquins.

Sorry,play your best team.

Didsbury Dave said:

Sorry but you could clearly see in Sergios body language that he was not happy. Neither was I and we completely went to pot for 20 minutes when he went off.
Letting Dzeko lead the line is simply suicidal and another 10 mins last night and we could quite easily have drawn that game.
Or Shrek at the swamp

Giroud didn't even play last night, and Suarez missed the first 8 games of the season, they don't have European or Carling Cup football and Sturridge is injured.

Didsbury Dave said:

Or Shrek at the swamp

Mate, with respect that's utter rubbish. Any sensible manager rests his best players when you have 3 games in a week and are 3 up.

The game was won and we have Southampton in two days. And Sergio is vital to that. It's the same reason Nasri and Ya Ya were taken off, too. This is nothing new, Pellegrini has been doing it all season.

What a silly discussion to be having.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.