Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
franksinatra said:
That maybe adds to the frustration in some ways, this season the fact the greatest thorn in our side has retired and yet we do not appear to be taking full advantage.

I think we're also in a period of transition, and it'll take a little time before we peak, just as it took a little time for Mancini's team to peak. It's natural as we're talking about a rather large change when you talk about a new manager coming in and implementing a different way of playing. That's not to excuse the shortcomings of our away form. Just an observation on naturally how teams evolve under new managers. You have the short honeymoon period, then then a more natural incline if the manager's good enough, which I believe Pellegrini to be.

franksinatra said:
BillyShears said:
franksinatra said:
Well Balo left in January so if anything losing Balo was to the detriment of Mancinis reign. The money spent may have replaced players but, with the exception of Tevez the spending of the money and loaning out of Sinclair, Barry etc was the choice of management. Gareth Barry would have happily stayed but the management chose to replace him with a 29 year old costing 33 million. Similarly Sinclair was loaned out and replaced by a player costing 17 million. Demichaelis could have also been picked up for free a month before we signed him also.

Surely it is obvious those decisions will be judged and the additional cost scrutinised. Similarly Mancini was judged on his signings and I fail to remember any objectivity in that debate stating he had to replace Bellamy, Ireland, Robinho, Adebayor and rightly not as these decisions along with the league position is what we judge managers on.

Surely it's obvious that if you sell/loan five players out and replace them with five players, you haven't added to your squad. You've replaced out going players. So saying "Pellegrini spent 100 million" is disingenuous. Everything else you've written is IMO to try and obfuscate the salient point. Which is simply five out/five in.

I don't dispute the spending has made the squad stronger, because Fernandinho is an upgrade on Barry, Navas on Sinclair, and Jovetic/Negredo on Balo/Tevez IMO. However when people talk about our squad being 100 million pounds stronger that's frankly a laughable assertion considering how many people think that the players we signed in fact weren't as good as the ones we let go.

There's more than one or two who simply cannot let a positive comment about Pellegrini pass without feeling the need to criticise him. That in and of itself is fair enough, it's the nature of forums. Unlike the little Hitlers last season who wanted all discussion on the manager banned because it wasn't fair, I happen to think both sides of the discussion are interesting. What I can't abide, I've said it before and I stand by it, are the small minority who didn't want Mancini sacked, and for that reason took against Pellegrini from even before he was appointed, and now take every opportunity to do down him down. That type of childish ignorance should be called out.

Well I must admit I did not want Mancini sacked and admittedly had my reservations about Pellegrini from the outset but like to think my arguments are objective and reflect my view on the teams performances.

Negredo will prove to be a great signing and I still have high hopes for Jovetic. I have not been overly impressed with Fernandinho and think the money could have been better spent on Ozil the one world class player available this summer. Similarly Demichaelis I believe was partially culpable for the goal at Sunderland, inexplicably stepping in front of the ball rather than covering behind James Milner. Yes the nature of forums is when things go wrong we are like a moth to flame we like to vent our spleen. Incidentally I still think we will be successful this year as our greatest nemesis has been severely weakened and no other club has picked up the baton. This unquestionably is our best chance, with our best squad of cementing our place as the best team in England. It would be a shame if that does not happen

Aww yes another fifa manager , what a ingenius idea sign özil to break up play and offer protection to the back four , Im surprised no club has picked you up, you tactical phenom

Only a football manager could court such scathing criticism from people who have never done the job.
No doubt the brigade, who are using such in depth observations as he's a fucking wanker and not wanted,
are also so well versed in other top professional jobs, such as barristers and doctors. Or maybe they are all very successful
company ceo's who know exactly all the skills required to get to the top of the pile.

BZNBP4pCMAAsJoR.jpg:large

LoveCity said:

Haha. Khaldoon looks like he's awaiting orders from the Sheikh. Loving Txiki in the background - as always. Clever man.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Only a football manager could court such scathing criticism from people who have never done the job.
No doubt the brigade, who are using such in depth observations as he's a fucking wanker and not wanted,
are also so well versed in other top professional jobs, such as barristers and doctors. Or maybe they are all very successful
company ceo's who know exactly all the skills required to get to the top of the pile.
Who said he's a fucking wanker?

Put it one way around this time last year we were top and unbeaten & there were sack Mancini threads being started,and he was getting untold grief on here
And that's for a title winning manager
So it was on the cards for our new gaffer to get some shit for the terrible start.

The cookie monster said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Who said he's a fucking wanker?

Put it one way around this time last year we were top and unbeaten & there were sack Mancini threads being started,and he was getting untold grief on here
And that's for a title winning manager
So it was on the cards for our new gaffer to get some shit for the terrible start.

There YOU go again. Why bring Mancini up. Mine was a general observation on some posts about the current manager.
I'm not getting into Mancini/Pellegrini fight. Pelle is not above criticism, but if you look back, some of the posts are not
at all constructive and just insult. That's all I was saying. Suppose I was stating the obvious when I intimated that it was only
a football manager that everybody else could do the job better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.