Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thenumber1blue said:
TGR said:
flb said:
http://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2013/6/19/4445692/pellegrinis-villarreal

One for Billy

It's never been his tactics that have bothered me it's the players he's using to implement them, Milner must start in Garcia's position every time

He needs to tune in and quick

Milner is English...
And also not the way forward !

Not under the current regime - on that I agree entirely.

TGR said:
flb said:
http://bitterandblue.sbnation.com/2013/6/19/4445692/pellegrinis-villarreal

One for Billy

It's never been his tactics that have bothered me it's the players he's using to implement them, Milner must start in Garcia's position every time

He needs to tune in and quick

Milner is English...

Be careful now !

BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
I'm no cynic said:
I never denied his abilities in Spain, and his record too in South America is a worthy one. Mugs do not manage River Plate. The point, though, that I am agreeing with him is that Real and Barca are European giants, let alone giants in their own league, and the finishing order can be predicted as each season begins, just as it could in Scotland before the Rangers demise. There will be the odd occasion when another team breaks the mould such as Ferguson did at Aberdeen, but these interruptions never stand the test of time. For this reason, the point made that Real Madrid's defence record not really being valid is a worthy one, although I will accept that Madrid's defence record did markedly improve from Pellegrinis appointment.

But the finishing order in Spain couldn't be predicted when Pellegrini came second with Villareal and, btw he had a very decent defensive record in some of his seasons at Villareal; especially as he didn't have the resources to match Real Madrid.

He had a very good defensive record at Real Madrid; if you and anyone else wants to dismiss it, go ahead but, as people earlier today wanted to point out about City's defensive record, the goals against column is a fact. It was also a goals against record that was appropriate for Real Madrid.

It does make me chuckle.

"He can't organize a defence!"

"He did ok with Madrid, the last top team he managed."

"Doesn't count. Two horse league."

"He finished 2nd with Villareal."

"Doesn't count. They were .... Errr .... They had three good players. Anyway he's never won a trophy."

"He won several in South America."

"South America! Don't make me laugh."

"Let me guess. Does doesn't count?"

"The only thing that counts is points on the board. We should have a hundred by now."

"We've only played 11 league games."

"So? Top managers find ways to get points on the board."

"The max we could have is 33."

"Fine we should have 33. At least."

"Isn't that a bit unrealistic?"

"Unrealistic! Best squad in the league. Best defence two years running. I want, no I DEMAND, improvements. At this rate we won't even finish in the top 4."

"We're only six points off the top of the league."

"Doesn't count. Our games were all easy. Frank Clark could've gotten us to 33 points by now."

"Admit it' you just don't want to give the guy a chance ...."

"What! how dare you. How fucking dare you pal! I .... I ..... I've got more loyalty points than you. And I say he'll win us fuck all. You hear me! FUCK ALL! He's the Chilean David Moyes except Moyes will finish ahead of him cuz at least Moyes can organize a defence."

Wash, rinse, repeat.

you forgot that we are shit.

here's a question for you billy or in fact anyone.

when we take the field of play, against any side, before a ball is kicked, how confident are you we'll get a result compared to the same fixture when mancini was in charge?

de niro said:
BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
But the finishing order in Spain couldn't be predicted when Pellegrini came second with Villareal and, btw he had a very decent defensive record in some of his seasons at Villareal; especially as he didn't have the resources to match Real Madrid.

He had a very good defensive record at Real Madrid; if you and anyone else wants to dismiss it, go ahead but, as people earlier today wanted to point out about City's defensive record, the goals against column is a fact. It was also a goals against record that was appropriate for Real Madrid.

It does make me chuckle.

"Doesn't count. They were .... Errr .... They had three good players. Anyway he's never won a trophy."

"The only thing that counts is points on the board. We should have a hundred by now."

"Unrealistic! Best squad in the league. Best defence two years running. I want, no I DEMAND, improvements. At this rate we won't even finish in the top 4."

"Doesn't count. Our games were all easy. Frank Clark could've gotten us to 33 points by now."

"What! how dare you. How fucking dare you pal! I .... I ..... I've got more loyalty points than you. And I say he'll win us fuck all. You hear me! FUCK ALL! He's the Chilean David Moyes except Moyes will finish ahead of him cuz at least Moyes can organize a defence."

Wash, rinse, repeat.

when we take the field of play, against any side, before a ball is kicked, how confident are you we'll get a result compared to the same fixture when mancini was in charge?

At home I always expect a win away from home I have lost all confidence in the team to get a win..

Bill, I've always gone into every City game thinking we'll win. Even when we were shit. :)

Now get dressed lets go have a cup of tea and a fry up somewhere!

de niro said:
BillyShears said:
OB1 said:

It does make me chuckle.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Tbh mate, not very

We just seem to be an accident waiting to happen, even at home

Tottenham game is a big one , one striker away from home, we need some away points desperately

Oh, and keep Garcia and Kolorov out of the first team

waspish said:
de niro said:
BillyShears said:
It does make me chuckle.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

At home I always expect a win away from home I have lost all confidence in the team to get a win..

aren't we all but i'm asking are you more or are you less confident when we now turn out compared to mancini's reign?

forget he was a little shit, i'm talking about where football really matters which is on the pitch.

genuine question.

edit
sorry the question is for billy.

My confidence levels have not dropped as a result of the change in manager. I do have concerns: I am more nervous than ever about the mentality of the players but I see that as an inherited problem. The fact that we have lost four league games means that the mental hurdle away from home is more pronounced than ever and that our room for error in the rest of the season is much reduced.

I continue to believe that our error rate has been abnormal in the early part of the season and remain very hopeful that it will change. I will worry about that if and when it doesn't.

Pellegrini's detractors are keen to blame the errors on him for changing how we play. Of course it is easy to say if he hadn't done this or that, something would not have happened e.g. If he had not changed from zonal marking, we would not have conceded two goals from corners at Cardiff or if he had picked Zab at Sunderland, Milner would not have been in the RB position when he was fouled... Well, the world would have been a different place and, without getting all philosophical (especially as learning about philosophy is still on my bucket list), that in of itself would have lead to different outcomes. How much of what has gone wrong is down to a poor choice of tactics and how much of a failure to execute effectively due to pure player error? I defy anyone to have a definitive answer to that. Errors may well occur because players are getting used to a new system or approach but that may just have to be a price of change.

I'm not sure that I have expressed myself effectively here but, whatever the reasons, I hold fast to the belief that we are making an abnormal number of errors and that it won't continue that way for long.

OB1 said:
My confidence levels have not dropped as a result of the change in manager. I do have concerns: I am more nervous than ever about the mentality of the players but I see that as an inherited problem. The fact that we have lost four league games means that the mental hurdle away from home is more pronounced than ever and that our room for error in the rest of the season is much reduced.

I continue to believe that our error rate has been abnormal in the early part of the season and remain very hopeful that it will change. I will worry about that if and when it doesn't.

Pellegrini's detractors are keen to blame the errors on him for changing how we play. Of course it is easy to say if he hadn't done this or that, something would not have happened e.g. If he had not changed from zonal marking, we would not have conceded two goals from corners at Cardiff or if he had picked Zab at Sunderland, Milner would not have been in the RB position when he was fouled... Well, the world would have been a different place and, without getting all philosophical (especially as learning about philosophy is still on my bucket list), that in of itself would have lead to different outcomes. How much of what has gone wrong is down to a poor choice of tactics and how much of a failure to execute effectively due to pure player error? I defy anyone to have a definitive answer to that. Errors may well occur because players are getting used to a new system or approach but that may just have to be a price of change.

I'm not sure that I have expressed myself effectively here but, whatever the reasons, I hold fast to the belief that we are making an abnormal number of errors and that it won't continue that way for long.

i'm not one of those, i'm saying why change the manager at all, to whoever. we had a natural born winner, pelligrini was a risk. why take that risk?

de niro said:
i'm not one of those, i'm saying why change the manager at all, to whoever. we had a natural born winner, pelligrini was a risk. why take that risk?
Unfortunately it appeared too many people felt they did not or could not work with Mancini, including Soriano, Txiki, Kompany and Silva. It has nothing to do with Pellegrini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.