Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Hannah said:
br62 said:
carlosthejackal said:
Got turned over at Sunderland, Cardiff and Villa, somehow i cant see us going away in europe and turning over any decent team.[/quote]

The negativity on here is mind boggling.....we have only played 11 games and qualified in Europe. Some disastrous results for sure but there is a long way to go.

2 away games ... 2 away wins. What seems to be the problem?

BillyShears said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Now, Pellegrini has said that he will not change the way he plays, especially away, and some of us are concerned that, rather than being an admirable faith in his principles, it may be a costly stubbornness.

Can't be any worse than the abortion that was 3 at the back last season.

I see you maintain your record of contributing nothing but the startlingly irrelevant, Billy. Has not playing a back three improved our away form, then?

Ray78 said:
flb said:
Ray78 said:
I am not doubting at all I am saying our defence was far from perfect as we have found out in Europe and last season. What upsets me is that I am talking rubbish. There is no right or wrong answer and there is always two sides of the argument.

We've conceded 6 goals in 4 games in Europe mate, we ain't going to win it.

True but the same could of been said about Chelsea who changed their manager mid season.
Chelsea had the experience of a Champions League final, three semi-finals, three quarter finals and numerous other campaigns as a group. New manager, five managers in four years or not; all those players finally realised what it took to win that season. They then repeated it in the Europa League.

Ray78 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Barcon said:
You should watch a few more games mate, we've been absolutely brilliant at times and could leather any team out there on our day.

Barcon, I think many of the posters on here would simply like to know why we're not "on our day" very often in the PL, away from the Etihad these days. This is not a continuation of any trend begun last season or any other. Last season we lost 4 away games in the whole season, the season before we lost 5, in 2010-11 7 and in 2009-10 4 : this season we have lost 4 out of the first 6. The only points we have picked up have come from the teams in 16th place in the PL (West Ham) and 17th (Stoke). We lost at Stamford Bridge, but also at the teams in 19th, 14th and 11th - in brief, we have played one team in the top half of the table and have taken 4 points from 18. These are often repeated statistics and they give real cause for concern because our away form is abysmal. It would seem obvious that it must improve with the squad we have, but we have seen game after game the same problems: we can't defend a high ball down the middle and we tend to stand like statues appealing for offside when any ball is played over our "high line". We can't press the ball because too many of our midfield are committed to attack. Karen7 has pointed out our excellent defensive record over the previous 3 seasons and Palerider has pointed out that the "explanations" put forward are, in fact, unacceptable excuses. Now those who see any criticism of our formation as a veiled attack on Pellegrini by unreformed Manciniites are thrown back on increasingly desperate and increasingly ridiculous excuses. Pellegrini has said consistently that he has the best squad in the PL, it is unlikely that we will buy anyone in January and so he never tries to explain poor performances by questioning the quality of his defenders. Nor do I think that considering 4 points from 18 justifies Ray78's comment that "11 games and people expect a miracle in the League." But most ridiculous of all, Ray78, is your startlingly irrelevant and moronically stupid answer to NQCitizen that questions must not be asked about results, formation etc until City are "In the relegation zone similar to what Rijkaard did with Barcelona but their board still didn't panic then." Does a place in the drop zone by November automatically ensure titles come May? Did the Bayern tell Guardioal this? Is it something the Real board insist on? And there is no point harping on about Europe. We're all glad that we've qualified, but let's not try and claim that our group this season is, in any way, of comparable quality to those of our two other seasons in the CL. When the draw was made there was widespread relief that, despite Bayern being in our group, Plzen and CSKA should be no real problem. Nor must we forget that our home game to Bayern was the worst result we have had in the three CL campaigns, and we've yet to play them away... Now, Pellegrini has said that he will not change the way he plays, especially away, and some of us are concerned that, rather than being an admirable faith in his principles, it may be a costly stubbornness.

Mancini didn't win the title in his first season. He was given a fair amount of time something you and the rest aren't prepared to give the new manager.

Mancini is not the issue. The issue is, actually, that we have a manager who is convinced that he has the best squad in the PL, most observers and fans agree with him, yet at the moment that squad is in 8th, and is winning points away from home at little, if any better, than relegation form. Pellegrini is convinced that perseverance with his "way" will bring success: some of us are concerned that it may not. All this crap about how bad things were under Mancini is simply to try and avoid admitting that things so far are not going anywhere near as well as expected.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
some of us are concerned that it may not.

Write Sheikh Mansour a letter. Or write Txiki a letter. I'm sure they'll be fascinated to listen to your insights into how naive our current manager is.

BillyShears said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
some of us are concerned that it may not.

Write Sheikh Mansour a letter. Or write Txiki a letter. I'm sure they'll be fascinated to listen to your insights into how naive our current manager is.

Billy' try and write something

(a) relevant

(b) not cretinous.

I bet you find it impossibly difficult.

So try writing a 150 word piece on why there are no reasons for concern at the way City are playing.

waspish said:
Do you reckon if we don't finish top 4 Pellegrini will get another season?

He would have to as we wouldn't attract a top manager if we are not in c/l.I would expect several of our best players would also want out

karen7 said:
waspish said:
Do you reckon if we don't finish top 4 Pellegrini will get another season?

He would have to as we wouldn't attract a top manager if we are not in c/l.I would expect several of our best players would also want out

This is my feeling too whatever happens this season we will have Pellegrini for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.