Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
karen7 said:
waspish said:
Do you reckon if we don't finish top 4 Pellegrini will get another season?

He would have to as we wouldn't attract a top manager if we are not in c/l.I would expect several of our best players would also want out

Well... Silva, Yaya, Balotelli, Tevez, Dzeko, Kompany and others were happy to play for a City team not in the Champions League, so I don't think it would be that bad. We'd be straight back in it the year after, anyway. But we'll finish in the top four this season.

LoveCity said:
karen7 said:
waspish said:

He would have to as we wouldn't attract a top manager if we are not in c/l.I would expect several of our best players would also want out

Well... Silva, Yaya, Balotelli, Tevez, Dzeko, Kompany and others were happy to play for a City team not in the Champions League, so I don't think it would be that bad. We'd be straight back in it the year after, anyway. But we'll finish in the top four this season.

I guess they don't think Mancini is a top manager either as no top manager would join City if they weren't in the CL.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Ray78 said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Barcon, I think many of the posters on here would simply like to know why we're not "on our day" very often in the PL, away from the Etihad these days. This is not a continuation of any trend begun last season or any other. Last season we lost 4 away games in the whole season, the season before we lost 5, in 2010-11 7 and in 2009-10 4 : this season we have lost 4 out of the first 6. The only points we have picked up have come from the teams in 16th place in the PL (West Ham) and 17th (Stoke). We lost at Stamford Bridge, but also at the teams in 19th, 14th and 11th - in brief, we have played one team in the top half of the table and have taken 4 points from 18. These are often repeated statistics and they give real cause for concern because our away form is abysmal. It would seem obvious that it must improve with the squad we have, but we have seen game after game the same problems: we can't defend a high ball down the middle and we tend to stand like statues appealing for offside when any ball is played over our "high line". We can't press the ball because too many of our midfield are committed to attack. Karen7 has pointed out our excellent defensive record over the previous 3 seasons and Palerider has pointed out that the "explanations" put forward are, in fact, unacceptable excuses. Now those who see any criticism of our formation as a veiled attack on Pellegrini by unreformed Manciniites are thrown back on increasingly desperate and increasingly ridiculous excuses. Pellegrini has said consistently that he has the best squad in the PL, it is unlikely that we will buy anyone in January and so he never tries to explain poor performances by questioning the quality of his defenders. Nor do I think that considering 4 points from 18 justifies Ray78's comment that "11 games and people expect a miracle in the League." But most ridiculous of all, Ray78, is your startlingly irrelevant and moronically stupid answer to NQCitizen that questions must not be asked about results, formation etc until City are "In the relegation zone similar to what Rijkaard did with Barcelona but their board still didn't panic then." Does a place in the drop zone by November automatically ensure titles come May? Did the Bayern tell Guardioal this? Is it something the Real board insist on? And there is no point harping on about Europe. We're all glad that we've qualified, but let's not try and claim that our group this season is, in any way, of comparable quality to those of our two other seasons in the CL. When the draw was made there was widespread relief that, despite Bayern being in our group, Plzen and CSKA should be no real problem. Nor must we forget that our home game to Bayern was the worst result we have had in the three CL campaigns, and we've yet to play them away... Now, Pellegrini has said that he will not change the way he plays, especially away, and some of us are concerned that, rather than being an admirable faith in his principles, it may be a costly stubbornness.

Mancini didn't win the title in his first season. He was given a fair amount of time something you and the rest aren't prepared to give the new manager.

Mancini is not the issue. The issue is, actually, that we have a manager who is convinced that he has the best squad in the PL, most observers and fans agree with him, yet at the moment that squad is in 8th, and is winning points away from home at little, if any better, than relegation form. Pellegrini is convinced that perseverance with his "way" will bring success: some of us are concerned that it may not. All this crap about how bad things were under Mancini is simply to try and avoid admitting that things so far are not going anywhere near as well as expected.

Again after only 11 games into a different Footballing culture,

Ray78 said:
Again after only 11 games into a different Footballing culture......

Mate you may as well be farting into an echo chamber trying to talk to that muppet.

LoveCity said:
karen7 said:
waspish said:

Now they have been in it and with heavyweight clubs interested in them i would not be surprised if some gave in to temptation and left
My heart tells me we will make top 4 but the cold hard stats of where we are tell me otherwise at the moment at least
I am willing pellers to get the balance right and sort out the defence but he keeps saying he will not alter things and that makes me very nervous

BillyShears said:
Ray78 said:

Mate you may as well be farting into an echo chamber trying to talk to that muppet.

True BS and I could understand if he was 12 months into his contract and he is making the same mistakes and not fully grasped the league's nuances.

BillyShears said:
Ray78 said:

I have read most of this thread with disbelief ! what is wrong with most posters on here?

we have gone from "blue goggled" eternal optimist's to spineless whinging panic stricken moaners in 2 seasons - not going to harp on about where we have come from to where we are today as the level headed poster will know this but please get a grip its so cringing reading some of this drivel its embarrassing - perhaps the mods can create a new "doom and gloom" board where all you moaning whinging un grateful brigade can spread all your disease and doom preaching to each other and keep the main board more reasonable ? is this to over the top ?

fuck me 11 games and 6 points behind and you would have thought it was the end of the world

Ray78 said:
True BS and I could understand if he was 12 months and making the same mistakes into his contract, making the same mistakes and failed to get us out of the groups.

I don't think even the most ardent Pellegrini fans like myself would argue he's made mistakes since the season began. However considering how Moyes and Mourinho are doing with their vast PL experience, the over exaggeration of our current situation is lamentable. People talking about how we won't finish in the top 4, IMO, should get their heads tested. Absolute idiocy and all the more lamentable coming from people who never wanted Mancini sacked, never wanted Pellegrini as manager, and have been literally bleating since his second competitive game in charge.

Still I know it makes them go all puce with rage and frustration that me, someone who wanted Mancini sacked, has the temerity to rate our current manager even though he doesn't have as many trophies as Bobby.

BillyShears said:
LoveCity said:
karen7 said:

I guess they don't think Mancini is a top manager either as no top manager would join City if they weren't in the CL.
I don't care about Mancini. He was rightly sacked. Bringing him up is a weak defense of Pellegrini's initial failures as is attacking him with Mancini's record by others.

Mancini is irrelevant to City today.

Make no mistake, though. Pelligrini's failed so far. We should be coasting to the league title with the squad he has. We aren't. We might wake up one day and suddenly everything clicks. I admit that. I can not put everything down to individual errors, though. The travesty against Bayern Munich was down to the manager.

Blue life said:
BillyShears said:
Ray78 said:

I have read most of this thread with disbelief ! what is wrong with most posters on here?

we have gone from "blue goggled" eternal optimist's to spineless whinging panic stricken moaners in 2 seasons - not going to harp on about where we have come from to where we are today as the level headed poster will know this but please get a grip its so cringing reading some of this drivel its embarrassing - perhaps the mods can create a new "doom and gloom" board where all you moaning whinging un grateful brigade can spread all your disease and doom preaching to each other and keep the main board more reasonable ? is this to over the top ?

fuck me 11 games and 6 points behind and you would have thought it was the end of the world

I could understand if we`d have been beaten by better teams but we havent, we`ve been beat because we`ve made mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.