Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
BillyShears said:
I agree. I've always felt the same. It's just funny seeing people who wanted all discussion about the manager banned, now desperate to talk about nothing but.
I never expect anything but extreme overreactions from internet message boards.

It's like mining for gold. It can sometimes be days before you find something, but then you find something which makes the whole experience worthwhile.

There's mining companies going bust each week, they keep digging but find only old horseshit from last century's pit ponies.

flb said:
There's mining companies going bust each week, they keep digging but find only old horseshit from last century's pit ponies.

I defer to your superior knowledge of mining companies and pit ponies! :)

BillyShears said:
flb said:

backed a few bad uns in my time, never invest in mining stocks mate!

Anyway, a good win on Saturday will calm the nerves!

flb said:

My nerves are calm mate. Long season ahead and I'm full of optimism.

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
Make no mistake, though. Pelligrini's failed so far. We should be coasting to the league title with the squad he has. We aren't. We might wake up one day and suddenly everything clicks. I admit that. I can not put everything down to individual errors, though. The travesty against Bayern Munich was down to the manager.

Putting aside the subjective opinion that he's failed so far (I find that assertion nonsense), I agree that we should be much further ahead than we are. I also agree that everything cannot be put down to individual errors although some of it can. All results ultimately are down to the manager, I've always believed that, and Pellegrini is no different in that regard.

But since he's only been in charge for a few months and is a few months into managing in the PL for the first time, I think it would be wise for us all to see how the season pans out. Nothing's lost. If anything we're better off than we were this time last season by the very virtue of the fact that we're still in the CL and still in the title race.

Well done, Billy. We're actually beginning to discuss Pellegrini, and it turns out that you don't think the season so far is an unqualified success and that Pellegrini is doing everything perfectly. My aim is not to get Pellegrini the sack or to justify anything which happened to him at Madrid or anything else from his past, but I am concerned about the way we are playing, and especially the way we defend, and your statement that " he's only been in charge for a few months and is a few months into managing in the PL for the first time, I think it would be wise for us all to see how the season pans out" is an argument that is used frequently to assert that everything will "turn out fine in the end", It might, I hope it does, but this argument alarms me because Pellegrini himself dismisses it completely. In his interview on the OS when he was appointed he stated categorically that he would have no problems at all adapting to the PL, because he was very familiar with English football, had seen all City's games last season and watched every PL game on Spanish TV as well. There's actually as much PL football available on TV on the Costa del Sol as there is in England. And if we look at the PL table it suggests that Managers don't need to have any experience of the PL to do well: Wenger did the double in his first season, admittedly 16 years ago, the lad at Southampton did very well last season and is doing even better now, Mourinho speaks for himself, Martinez kept Wigan in the PL which is all his predecessors could manage and Laudrupp won a trophy in his first season. Di Canio stands out as an exception, but mental health seems to be a factor there. So when the quality of the squad inherited is taken into account, Pellegrini does seem to be struggling. Now, why? And the answer seems to me that we are too short on numbers at the back at times, especially away and we lack cover to make up for mistakes or defenders/midfielders being taken/played out of the game. The manager obviously doesn't agree, or at least believes that we'll score more by emphasising getting players forward than we'll concede by pushing players so far forward. My concern is that, so far, it isn't working almost at all away from the Etihad, and I don't see why or how this is going to change.

I am not naïve to think that our away results has got to improve and it is not pretty reading in the Premier League but I am firm a believer that it will improve given time and us picking up a win in Russia has given me encouragement. Our squad depth is questionable but our strongest starting line is more than capable of putting a run together even away from home.

flb said:
BillyShears said:
flb said:

backed a few bad uns in my time, never invest in mining stocks mate!

Until WBA & Southampton

OB1 said:
BillyShears said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Well done, Billy.

Hahahahaha.

BTW ... you should probably check the facts in your post.

And perhaps try to understand the usefulness of paragraphs.

I wouldn't know what those are I'm "illiterate and inarticulate, full stop."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.