Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueAnorak said:
Sadly away from home it's pretty poor and against the best (Byern) it was woeful. Worst of all the same mistakes are being made game after game and Pellegrini seems to be doing very little about it. To blame bad luck and the football Gods with his "That's Football" quip would, if said by Mancini, have got the cult members frothing at the mouth in anger. What is the difference chaps?

You make your own luck in football by being the best you can be. More importantly, good defending wins trophies - not cavalier attacking. It is a truism that applies across all team ball sports.

Pellegrini has to do two things have to be done away from home (and against the best teams at home):
- We need to play with a more solid defence (rather than the open gate we have been using till now). Defending well will silence the opposition crowd
AND
- Improve the attempts to goals ratio (currently at 10%) nearer to the 1 in 3 we are getting at home. Confidence will help here but we need to threaten the goal with more shots and runs at the massed rank defence. Improved corner delivery will also help (we don't clear the first man for around 33% of them).

I happen to think that the way we played against Spurs by defending in depth and hitting the opposition on the break is the way forward away from home . Some though don't even recognise that we defended more deeply than in previous home games (which is rather bizarre to say the least).

If Pellers sorts it out he will stay, if he doesn't he will be given the boot. I personally think he will be given the boot if he hasn't sorted it out by Christmas as there is no such thing as being given 'Time' to develop a team in this day and age. Indeed if he doesn't sort it out over the next 4 away games he deserves to be given the boot as our Champions League qualification for next season would be put in jeopardy.

Thank god, someone with a bit of football knowledge and common sense.

OB1 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
FantasyIreland said:
Pellegrini's transfer dealings haven't received enough praise for me.

He has brought in five players from foreign shores who,with the exception of injury to one,have adapted superbly and are looking like they have been here years.To a man each of them also look like team players who are here predominantly to play football and give their best for the club.

It seems he has the ability to spot players with excellent character to compliment ability,a winning combo and superb work from the boss.
Completely agree with this.

As to Yaya, he was definitely off the pace for the first half hour or so.

He made a few mistakes but that doesn't mean that he was not fully motivated or moved by Pellegrini's team talk.
Don't disagree.

OB1 said:
Here's a player whose distance covered stats for the league I would love to see, in comparison to the rest of the team. I know you don't like stats but I do. I haven't time for my rant about how they should be called performance indicators but I really think that would be interesting. On the UEFA stats for UCL, Yaya covers the most distance of the City players that I can find listed but it is not a complete set. Anyhow, he is not lazy.

I don't dislike stats, OB, mate, I'm just a bit mistrustful of them. Saw some fascinating stats on our away performances yesterday, though.

We are right at the top of nearly every category except for points won. Things like least shots conceded etc.

It cannot and will not stay like this.

BlueAnorak said:
I happen to think that the way we played against Spurs by defending in depth and hitting the opposition on the break is the way forward away from home . Some though don't even recognise that we defended more deeply than in previous home games (which is rather bizarre to say the least).

To follow on from Billy's response. The little dig above also unwarranted; not because some of us can't take a dig (but we will come back) but because, if it is aimed at me, Billy and Dave (a reasonable assumption based on one on the same subject about us needing to go to the optician yesterday; which, ironically, I did) it is plain wrong. We saw what happened but we all thought it was not by design; whereas some people thought it was deliberate.

wayne71 said:
BlueAnorak said:
Sadly away from home it's pretty poor and against the best (Byern) it was woeful. Worst of all the same mistakes are being made game after game and Pellegrini seems to be doing very little about it. To blame bad luck and the football Gods with his "That's Football" quip would, if said by Mancini, have got the cult members frothing at the mouth in anger. What is the difference chaps?

You make your own luck in football by being the best you can be. More importantly, good defending wins trophies - not cavalier attacking. It is a truism that applies across all team ball sports.

Pellegrini has to do two things have to be done away from home (and against the best teams at home):
- We need to play with a more solid defence (rather than the open gate we have been using till now). Defending well will silence the opposition crowd
AND
- Improve the attempts to goals ratio (currently at 10%) nearer to the 1 in 3 we are getting at home. Confidence will help here but we need to threaten the goal with more shots and runs at the massed rank defence. Improved corner delivery will also help (we don't clear the first man for around 33% of them).

If Pellers sorts it out he will stay, if he doesn't he will be given the boot. I personally think he will be given the boot if he hasn't sorted it out by Christmas as there is no such thing as being given 'Time' to develop a team in this day and age. Indeed if he doesn't sort it out over the next 4 away games he deserves to be given the boot as our Champions League qualification for next season would be put in jeopardy.

I will be out of lemon pics at this rate before lunch ;-)

BillyShears said:
BlueAnorak said:
Oooo, Pablo1, don't be critical of anyone who praises Pellers - The Cult of Pelladon will be on you having a go before you can say Jack...
To be honest mate comments like this are what are causing so much discussion behind the scenes between the moderators and Ric. It's time to put shit like this to bed not because your not entitled to be sarcastic, but because then I'd be entitled to reply in kind and before your know it we're back to a thread which is of little interest to anyone but six or seven posters who fancy a good bitchfest.
so the discussion on board Ric's yacht is how to improve opportunities for the cabal to increase his click count using a more subtle approach. lol

BillyShears said:
BlueAnorak said:
Oooo, Pablo1, don't be critical of anyone who praises Pellers - The Cult of Pelladon will be on you having a go before you can say Jack...

To be honest mate comments like this are what are causing so much discussion behind the scenes between the moderators and Ric. It's time to put shit like this to bed not because your not entitled to be sarcastic, but because then I'd be entitled to reply in kind and before your know it we're back to a thread which is of little interest to anyone but six or seven posters who fancy a good bitchfest.
I really think you should re-read some of your own posts before having a go at others on this one. The Pot calling the Kettle immediately springs to mind.

BillyShears said:

Same with comments like the highlighted. You've obviously made your mind up about our poor away form. Fair enough - but much like your comments yesterday about some of us needing glasses, there comes a point where someone will reply in kind and the entire forum suffers for it.

Each to their own and apologise for the glasses comment. But it really was a different style of defending. I happen to be a great supporter of adopting that style - I know it would dramatically change our fortunes away from home.

wayne71 said:

Yeah. Real common sense.

I'll tell you what, if Pellegrini is sacked by Christmas I'll write "I am Didsbury Dave" on my back in big blue letters and run a full bollock naked streak onto the pitch in the ninth minute of the Liverpool match. I'll even throw in a "I was wrong" banner which I will plant in the centre circle.

Didsbury Dave said:
wayne71 said:

Yeah. Real common sense.

I'll tell you what, if Pellegrini is sacked by Christmas I'll write "I am Didsbury Dave" on my back in big blue letters and run a full bollock naked streak onto the pitch in the ninth minute of the Liverpool match. I'll even throw in a "I was wrong" banner which I will plant in the centre circle.

Errrr, excuse me.

You will wear official cabal uniform or your membership will be up for discussion at our next underground meeting sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.