Discuss Pellegrini

mammutly said:
blue underpants said:
We should have stuck with Mancini

There is no real argument to the contrary. Virtually everyone in football would agree with you.

Sadly, the Sheikh was persuaded by the suits that they could do it better. Maybe in the future we will do a Chelski and bring him back.

A classic case of you projecting your opinion on the whole world

Ducado said:
mammutly said:
blue underpants said:

There is no real argument to the contrary. Virtually everyone in football would agree with you.

Sadly, the Sheikh was persuaded by the suits that they could do it better. Maybe in the future we will do a Chelski and bring him back.

A classic case of you misconstruing a point.

I think the problem apart from relying too much on Kompany staying fit which was always unlikely is that he wants width and feels the need to play two strikers, our squad of players is very much suited to a 3 man midfield, pretty much all our midfielders are these type of players

square pegs in round holes and having only one wide man and endless attacking midfielders is a problem, having silva and navas wide with fern and toure as a satndard central midfield pairing will not work well imho

i like navas but signing him and not a left sided player was a mistake

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
blue underpants said:

Hahahahaha. That's a terrible post but equally hysterically funny.
Did you see us today Billy, we were shit, I think mutts seen a lot more football than you and is probably more intelligent

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
blue underpants said:

Whats so funny, you kick out the best manager we have had since Mercer then employ a man who is a mediocre second rate La Ligue coach and we are fucked, because today HULL yes fucking HULL could have been 3 up in 20 mins

mammutly said:
blue underpants said:

The problem is that there was a genuine argument for Mancini being sacked. If he did indeed alienate the majority of the staff at the club from tea lady to captain as has been reported then I don't think there was anyway he could have stayed.

BillyShears said:
mammutly said:
blue underpants said:

I don't think you really find it that funny, Billy. I envisage more of a sucking lemons look.

BringBackSwales said:
BobKowalski said:
hgblue said:
He's supposed to be a top quality manager, up there with the likes of Mourinho. Early days I know, but I highly doubt it. For the first time since his appointment, I'm really worried that we've dropped a bollock.

Yes. Pellegrini's CV certainly puts him in the top bracket with Mourinho...

Pellegrini is many things. A fine human being. A good coach and probably a good laugh over a beer or two but if you or anyone else actually believed any of that guff about Pellegrini being in the same bracket as Mourinho then I am genuinely astounded.

I think his difference from Mourinho, and indeed Mancini, is the key to him being picked - he will accept the director of football's signings, he will accept the holistic philosophy, and by and large he will do what the senior executives ask him to - something that Bobby was not prepared to, and Mourinho would not have been prepared to. I am not by the way having a pop at Pellegrini, I am just stating what I believe to be the case

City is the Ferran & Txiki show and it will be run their way which is fair enough given that is the job they were brought in to do. You are right in that what neither want is a Mourinho/Mancini/Benitez character forever moaning about - well pretty much everything - or causing ructions in the press or upsetting players hence Pellers will just get on with the job and not upset anyone in the process. There is even an argument to be made that a Pellegrini type character is just what the squad needed after 3 years of being 'Mancinied'.

Equally there is no need to start believing the bollocks that Pellers is up there with Mourinho or frankly that Pellers is some sort of attacking guru because judging by his reaction to going 1-0 up against Hull he was more than happy with getting out with the 3 points and stuff all that 'when we go 1-0 we have to always attack and score more' malarky. This is not a criticism of Pellers as I also felt getting out with 3 points become pretty much the only thing to do given our less than inspiring performance and with the international break looming. As a point of interest Michael Cox of Zonal Marking stated that Pellers is very conservative in big games and that with three conservative coaches in Pellers, Mourinho and Moyes it will be a return to the 0-0, 1-1 days so to be honest I am slightly intrigued why everyone is so damn convinced we are about to enter a golden age of City football.

Ducado said:
mammutly said:
blue underpants said:

Don't get me wrong, I thought this place was for projecting options?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.