Discuss Pellegrini

gordondaviesmoustache said:
hgblue said:
He's supposed to be a top quality manager, up there with the likes of Mourinho. Early days I know, but I highly doubt it. For the first time since his appointment, I'm really worried that we've dropped a bollock.
I'm surprised that you are so downbeat and lugubrious, you're normally such a sanguine poster.

Sanguine ?? with all his flapping its more like penguin.;)

hgblue said:
He's supposed to be a top quality manager, up there with the likes of Mourinho. Early days I know, but I highly doubt it. For the first time since his appointment, I'm really worried that we've dropped a bollock.
FFS.

samharris said:
hgblue said:
I'm surprised that you are so downbeat and lugubrious, you're normally such a sanguine poster.

Sanguine ?? with all his flapping its more like penguin.;)
Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be along in a minute to remind us what a big blue he is.

Unfortunately, a popular manager was sacked, and it shows. There is very very little patience around the ground, and when you think about it, it makes sense. A trophy-winning manager was sacked after a season where he was outspent and missed out on his major transfer targets, who've all done well elsewhere, with the nature of being outspent being that one of our strikers was sold in January and not replaced in a team lacking goals and full of injuries. It was incredibly frustrating. Then, Pellegrini replaces him and is given the backing Mancini wasn't, with rhetoric about attacking attractive football, and Newcastle aside, which was fantastic (should have been teeeeeeeeeen), the following two matches have been damp squibs and represented the worst of last year - but with poor defending. This is why there's very little patience. I feel sorry for Pellegrini but that is the sad reality. He's following a popular manager who didn't get full backing, got full backing, his seniors have promised us better footballing entertainment, but apart from little glimmers of potential great attacking football, mostly negatives in other areas, especially defence.

We all know the circumstances are far from ideal for backing a new manager to the fullest, but it was saddening to hear boos just because we were drawing at half-time. C'mon we're better than that. Pellegrini hasn't done anything wrong and we should cut him some slack.

hgblue said:

Deliberate obfuscation through sarcasm.

Skashion said:
Unfortunately, a popular manager was sacked, and it shows. There is very very little patience around the ground, and when you think about it, it makes sense. A trophy-winning manager was sacked after a season where he was outspent and missed out on his major transfer targets, who've all done well elsewhere, with the nature of being outspent being that one of our strikers was sold in January and not replaced in a team lacking goals and full of injuries. It was incredibly frustrating. Then, Pellegrini replaces him and is given the backing Mancini wasn't, with rhetoric about attacking attractive football, and Newcastle aside, which was fantastic (should have been teeeeeeeeeen), the following two matches have been damp squibs and represented the worst of last year - but with poor defending. This is why there's very little patience. I feel sorry for Pellegrini but that is the sad reality. He's following a popular manager who didn't get full backing, got full backing, his seniors have promised us better footballing entertainment, but apart from little glimmers of potential great attacking football, mostly negatives in other areas, especially defence.

We all know the circumstances are far from ideal for backing a new manager to the fullest, but it was saddening to hear boos just because we were drawing at half-time. C'mon we're better than that. Pellegrini hasn't done anything wrong and we should cut him some slack.

We shouldnt even be considering a comparison for at least a season..

mammutly said:
hgblue said:

Deliberate obfuscation through sarcasm.
Is there any other form of obfuscation other than deliberate?

And yes, I have occasionally been called sarcastic. Have you picked up those vibes too?

hgblue said:

Yes. Pellegrini's CV certainly puts him in the top bracket with Mourinho...

Pellegrini is many things. A fine human being. A good coach and probably a good laugh over a beer or two but if you or anyone else actually believed any of that guff about Pellegrini being in the same bracket as Mourinho then I am genuinely astounded.

Skashion said:
And yes, I have occasionally been called sarcastic. Have you picked up those vibes too?
Yes, I always knew you were a low wit, but a wit nonetheless.
Damned by faint praise is about as good as it gets with you, so thanks :-)

And it's a complete myth that it's the lowest form of wit. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.