Discuss Pellegrini

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Jesus, usual suspects on here still unable to believe that City sacked their beloved, dapper Bobby Boy despite all the evidence/indications in the decent press that the guy was arrogant and deeply unpopular with most of the City staff. Still blind to the fact that last season was probably the most disappointing in our history since we got relegated to the old 3rd Division, particularly when you factor in the budget, funds and players at our disposal. We've only played 4 league games so far yet the knives are out, who are we turning in to? Let's give the guy a chance to bed in.

Are you on the fucking WUM? 2nd place and a cup final is the most disappointing since we were relegated?! If Pellegrini carries on the way he is you will soon know what a disappointing season is.

rastus said:
IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Jesus, usual suspects on here still unable to believe that City sacked their beloved, dapper Bobby Boy despite all the evidence/indications in the decent press that the guy was arrogant and deeply unpopular with most of the City staff. Still blind to the fact that last season was probably the most disappointing in our history since we got relegated to the old 3rd Division, particularly when you factor in the budget, funds and players at our disposal. We've only played 4 league games so far yet the knives are out, who are we turning in to? Let's give the guy a chance to bed in.
You really have to ask yourself why Mancini wasnt backed after winning the PL

He was backed to the tune of many millions.

What many cant get their heads round is as a club, the manger doesn't sign the players now, our DoF does and the coach is paid to work with the players he is given.

Bob didn't like this and he made that fact known. Fair play to him in some respects for that stance but its the reason he went.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Pam said:
Mancini has won 4 Coppa Italia's, three Serie A titles, an English PL title in only his second full season and an FA Cup. I give not a shit about his fucking social skills with the players.
Great great post..and imagine if wed have given him 80 million as well pam...
Just got back to piccadily and loads saying the same.

We did give him £80m. In fact we gave him £130m. He spent it on Garcia, Rodwell, Sinclair, Nasri, Dzeko, Kolarov and Balotelli, not one of whom he came close to eliciting anything remotely approaching consistency or value for money from. But having shite man management skills doesn't bother you, eh?!
Those best placed (ie Khaldoon) made the right call. We were on the slide under Mancini, looking increasingly limited and easy to thwart, and any amount of bleating on your behalfs won't change that fact. The great shame is that so far Pellegrini has tanked big time, with not only little sign of improvement, but rather active regression. It is my sincerest wish that he sorts it out pronto though, so we don't have to listen to any more bitter, retrospective, drivelling on this board.......

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJkI.gif

Blankomania said:
Is anyone actually suggesting we should sack pellegrini....
I'm not as he should be given longer
However Mancini was questioned after 5 games last season
And he was a title winning manager
So if folk want to question him thats up to them,it's a forum after all.

The criticism of Pellegrini is ridiculous. Yes, the grass is always greener etc but it's the fourth game.
It's just a poor performance against a team we usually struggle with. It's not exactly new that we put in some sloppy performances against some lower-table teams. Mancini couldn't motivate the players to a victory against a Championship team in our most important game of the season.

And no, maybe the nice approach isn't the right one, but should he alienate the players after such a short time? What if Mancini stayed and Kompany left because of Mancini's comments? We'd be fucked. And Nasri seems to have improved a bit.
We've got the wage bill down, made some encouraging signings and are still 4th in the table and in all competitions. Sort it out lads.

If we sign another pacy winger for the left, a quality CB (Mangala), a playmaker (Gundogan) and get rid of the dead wood (Garcia, Kolarov) and get some cohesion going and we'll be much better than we were last season.

And who signed Garcia and Kolarov for about £35mil?

Rammy Blue said:

We did give him £80m. In fact we gave him £130m. He spent it on Garcia, Rodwell, Sinclair, Nasri, Dzeko, Kolarov and Balotelli, not one of whom he came close to eliciting anything remotely approaching consistency or value for money from. But having shite man management skills doesn't bother you, eh?!
Those best placed (ie Khaldoon) made the right call. We were on the slide under Mancini, looking increasingly limited and easy to thwart, and any amount of bleating on your behalfs won't change that fact. The great shame is that so far Pellegrini has tanked big time, with not only little sign of improvement, but rather active regression. It is my sincerest wish that he sorts it out pronto though, so we don't have to listen to any more bitter, retrospective, drivelling on this board.......

Standing ovation even
I just hope those immortal words "I swear you´ll never see anything like this ever again" don´t come back to haunt us for the wrong reasons - that would be a travesty
Now everyone has to start knuckling down and get on with the job in hand starting Tuesday with an emphatic display

Rammy Blue said:

Haha. You beat me to it - was just looking for an appropriate gif!

Going back to your post earlier, it's definitely strange that he hasn't changed things round mid game. However it's just too early to make any real judgements right now. As I keep saying the league's much tougher this season and there will be no easy games. As Chelsea are currently finding out.

Rammy Blue said:

It's not the board that matters its how MP will handle the pressure from within that I am concerned about.

He is a non winner and Real Madrid aside the biggest challenge of his managerial career at the age of 60.

In saying that I cannot get to grips with how lack lustre we have been and I don't think any manager in the world would have the nous and so far to get these players out of their slumber.

Pam said:
Mancini has won 4 Coppa Italia's, three Serie A titles, an English PL title in only his second full season and an FA Cup. I give not a shit about his fucking social skills with the players.

Both sides of the debate need to end the bitter, retrospective drivel. It serves no purpose at all and means the real issues arent discussed on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.