Discuss Pellegrini

hilts said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
jake28 said:
And if it meant getting rid of a few high profile players then so be it. At least players who then came to the club would know the manager had the power.

From what I heard those players included Vinny,Hart,Nasri and Dzeko....Oh well theres the door boys.

the pisscan despite his faults as a human being if you can call him that got it right, he got shot when needed, if we can believe that hart, lescott,nasri,vinny and dzeko were causing problems and it is a big if, then i would happily have got rid of hart,nasri,dzeko and lescott, let him get rvp, de rossi or whoever he fancied

This is history though it didn't happen certain players got their wish, i am just wondering why with this new found love they are to a man playing well below par, what is their next excuse

They don't like weekend working ?

Plaything of the gods said:
It is clear Pellegrini is not the messiah. Let's just hope the good play is saved for Tuesday, although I don't know why the team can't play exciting, entertaining football twice in one week.

Once would do me

robbieh said:
MadchesterCity said:
jake28 said:
And if it meant getting rid of a few high profile players then so be it. At least players who then came to the club would know the manager had the power.

Which is exactly what they should have done if that was what was required. I agree that would have given Mancini further power but think the two amigos did him up like a kipper

I think a few people got a bit giddy when these two turned up. So they worked at Barca. Big deal. We are not Barca and the PL is not La Liga. Barca have done well enough without these guys.

Choosing Pellegrini is a huge gamble on their part. They ousted a guy who may not have been popular with the players but wins stuff and shows a bit of emotion, which the fans like. If Pelle carries on like this he will be toast and so will they, eventually. Their next appointment will be crucial.

They are only as good as their appointments and the bar is raised each year and other sides make it harder for you all the time as they should.

I think part of our problem is most of our squad lacks the ticker when things get a bit rough for them.

Admittedly part of the managers brief is to ensure the ticker is on full throttle when players cant be arsed enough to turn it on for themselves like we were today.

Winning games in the premiership is not all about who is the most talented on paper , how many internationals you have in your squad , what they have done in the past for other clubs and country etc , its about outfighting, outsmarting , often batten down the hatches protecting a lead , deserved or undeserved as was typified by Everton today for example.

You just wonder if the same players who played for Everton today would have had the same resilience and conviction if they wore a different shade of blue.

Don't care if its early days this is not going to end well.were wide open and are going to get punished by somebody very soon its coming.imo we have taken a big step backwards we have gone from a title chasing team to a team that will end up being lucky to qualify for a top 4 spot.call me dramatic or what you want I've said it all along sacking mancini will be the worst decision we've ever made.

simon31goat said:
Don't care if its early days this is not going to end well.were wide open and are going to get punished by somebody very soon its coming.imo we have taken a big step backwards we have gone from a title chasing team to a team that will end up being lucky to qualify for a top 4 spot.call me dramatic or what you want I've said it all along sacking mancini will be the worst decision we've ever made.

Couldn't agree more, lets hope we can get back on track ASAP

MadchesterCity said:
simon31goat said:

Couldn't agree more, lets hope we can get back on track ASAP
Have we ever been on track though?not forgetting newcastle played like a pub team.

Plaything of the gods said:
It is clear Pellegrini is not the messiah. Let's just hope the good play is saved for Tuesday, although I don't know why the team can't play exciting, entertaining football twice in one week.

None of the english teams barring a miracle will win the champions league, this is what pisses me off, how often do we hear about winning breeding confidence then when we play shit it's all about the champions league, players are tired they sat on a plane for hours, rotation, we need two players for every postion but if a couple are injured we turn into stockport county

winning in sport is all about your own mentality you don't need a hug you just need to hate losing more than the other guy

Don't blame Mancini don't blame Pellegrini blame the fucker who walks off the pitch looking unhappy but once x factor starts at 8pm he shrugs it off

I still think its far too early to pass judgement I have seen the Rags have many a poor start and go on to win it at a cantor, I have seen teams come flying out of the traps yet run out of steam come Christmas

simon31goat said:

You never know of course but I would be surprised if we were more than 7 points under RM this season at this point anyway.

Sacking RM will not be the worst decision we ever make , but making appointments higher up the food chain that are not in the best interests of ensuring sustained success will be.

Getting a better replacement that meets more of our objectives on and off the field is what was required and while I am the first to admit I am not an avid student of MP's abilities , he was obviously considered by those entrusted to make the decision that he was the best available for what was thought was now required.

Until he proves otherwise and or the powers that be run out of patience we have to give him the time he feels is required but should he not last as long as we all hope he does and that is beyond his current tenure then the real question we have to ask is concerning the capabilities of the dynamic duo and there other appointments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.