Discuss Pellegrini

The quickly growing swell of angst is understandable.

No one would be happy with the sides performances to date or the results if you believed we had the best squad in the league and were playing accordingly.

In the hot bed that is Man City you are now expected to put in performances commensurate with that expectation week in week out.

We allowed Cardiff to steamroll us after taking an unconvincing lead and quite frankly the performances against Hull and Stoke have been just if not more dire.

As I said previously every side doesn't hold us in awe in any way shape or form at present and believes if they press us and come at us we will fold.

We should be bossing sides of this ilk not the other way around and whether its the manager and the inability of the players to buy into what is required does not matter , its the manager who will feel the heat with each passing match.

I think we will see very quickly whether MP has the skill set to match or exceed what he knows is required at the head of this club.

So far he has fallen well short of what is required.

I fear for his future already and his comments that he was satisfied with the performance at best are somewhat disillusional and at worst nonsensical.

bluethunder said:
i think pellegrini wasn't aware that some of our players are very lazy sometimes.

had he known that toure is not a good DM, had he known that Nasri, Milner, Rodwell, Zabaleta are useless......... the man would buy many quality players in the last window. now we must wait for the next window. the next months are going to be a rollercoaster.

...Behave! Mentioning lazy players then saying Zabaleta and Milner are useless. Those two give 100% commitment and are far from useless!

However Garcia, i'd class him as useless. Yaya played CB for Barca so when we're struggling for cover i don't know why he's not in contention.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Where's this frenetic football we've been promised?

What we want is a side that dominates possession in the right positions creating havoc in the opposition half.

We are not within a bulls roar of that at present.

The players and the manager have a lot of hard work to do if we are to start to make any inroads on the benchmark.

We have the clout to be a force in the premiership and in Europe provided we have the people in place that know how to go about it and get the right mix on and off the field.

You know very quickly in this caper now whether you have the right people in place.

Gone are the days where you can give a manager the bedding in time of a Fergie for example in the hope that things will improve and your goals are achievable.

If a managerial appointment is made on politcal grounds rather than what is best for the supporters and stakeholders it want wash for very long if the performances and results are substandard.

Berkovic_blue said:
citytill1die84 said:
BlueAnorak said:
If he's not good enough, he's not good enough. No amount of "Time" or "getting behind him" will make him better. So far it's not looking good. If we lose the derby next Sunday it will be worse.

All I know is that Mancini never had 2 bad back to back games (that I can remember), let alone 3 so it's looking very much like a downgrade to me though I won't make any decision on him till I've seen him in charge for at least 3 months.

Try last the and the full season at that. Mancini was lucky Chelsea Spurs & Arsenal were crap otherwise last season could've been much much worse.

I love these revisionist scenarios where IF something different had happened then X lol

People even used to beat Mancini with the stick that we were lucky to win the league bcos QPR blah blah blah. It's just nonsense and makes me wonder what goes on in people's heads.
did anybody else hear the attempt to get the Mancini chant going yesterday

Blankomania said:
Berkovic_blue said:
BobKowalski said:
Yes I would have gone for Rafa over Pellers. But Ferran and Txiki don't want Rafa pissing on their chips any more then they wanted Mancini. There is a reason Pellers has the job and it isn't because of his CV

Me too and said so at the time. If you look at his record plus the fact he has vast experience in England and was available it was a perfect fit. Sadly I think your right in that board probably felt he wouldn't be compliant/subservient enough for them.

-------------------------------

The thing that's worrying me the most at the moment is that we simply aren't creating enough goal-scoring opportunities. We failed last season for one reason alone and that was because Dzeko, Aguero and Tevez were all off form and didn't produce what they are capable of through the course of the season. We were still creating plenty of chances for them at least though. Now even that's dried up. We're going to be relying on Negredo a lot because he is the one man in the squad who looks like a proper old school poacher who only needs a sniff of goal to get it done.

To be fair you don't have to be outspoken to be a great manager, ancellotti and hiddink spring to mind. I think the execs liked the style that pellegrini plays, and knew him from Spain.

As for the creativity part, we always lack creativity without silva we did under mancini and e did today. We should have bought mata instead of nasri when we had the chance. Should have got hazard, isco or even ozil in. But I guess we have to work with what we have got...
To be fair, we tried for those 2 and lost to 2 other powerful clubs who those players prefered. The painful ones were not trying for Mata or Carzola. Mata sat for months and months waiting for anyone to come in. Carzola the same.

Our shopping has not been very good to be honest. We overpay too often for limited players.

daxman said:
Blankomania said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Me too and said so at the time. If you look at his record plus the fact he has vast experience in England and was available it was a perfect fit. Sadly I think your right in that board probably felt he wouldn't be compliant/subservient enough for them.

-------------------------------

The thing that's worrying me the most at the moment is that we simply aren't creating enough goal-scoring opportunities. We failed last season for one reason alone and that was because Dzeko, Aguero and Tevez were all off form and didn't produce what they are capable of through the course of the season. We were still creating plenty of chances for them at least though. Now even that's dried up. We're going to be relying on Negredo a lot because he is the one man in the squad who looks like a proper old school poacher who only needs a sniff of goal to get it done.

To be fair you don't have to be outspoken to be a great manager, ancellotti and hiddink spring to mind. I think the execs liked the style that pellegrini plays, and knew him from Spain.

As for the creativity part, we always lack creativity without silva we did under mancini and e did today. We should have bought mata instead of nasri when we had the chance. Should have got hazard, isco or even ozil in. But I guess we have to work with what we have got...
To be fair, we tried for those 2 and lost to 2 other powerful clubs who those players prefered. The painful ones were not trying for Mata or Carzola. Mata sat for months and months waiting for anyone to come in. Carzola the same.

Our shopping has not been very good to be honest. We overpay too often for limited players.

True, considering the sums we've spent our squad is nowhere near as good as some seem to think.

citykev28 said:
Let's be just a little wacky here and suggest that it's not the manager but the players who have little appetite. We keep going on about players who are legends of Manchester City after 1-2 great seasons. There are to many happy to pass the ball sideways in the hope that someone else will do something and they won't be noticed doing fuck all.
I was beating this drum last season & again now
And was told on here they graft their bollocks off 100% when they go on the pitch,which is up for debate imo
They just look uninterested at times and not up for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.