Discuss Pellegrini

Skashion said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I think you've read far too much into a comment made in jest.
I wouldn't have read anything into it if you didn't think Blueinsa's post was a good post. It wasn't a good post. It was another divisive post which blamed only one side. Acknowledging that both sides are at fault for the constant bickering is just about the only way it's going to stop. If both sides persist with the idea that only the other side are to blame, the divide is going to perpetuate. It's time for a few mea culpas.
I didn't get that from his post. I read that he was having a go at people questioning the appointment after just four games. Four fucking games. Many 'inners' like yourself and TCM haven't fallen into that camp and therefore were not, to my mind, referred to in that post.

If you've read that post differently then fair enough, but that's how it seemed to me.

blueinsa said:
The cookie monster said:
blueinsa said:
Bob had more than 4 games though yeah?

No sentiment in top level sport, especially football and he knows better than anyone that he wont be allowed time but 4 games? Seriously?

I will start to get worried if we are cut adrift at xmas but until then, he will get the benefit of the doubt.

FYI, always behind the team mate, always but managers and players come and go with the exact same fate awaiting Pellegrini as the rest of them but 4 games is not the end of his reign as well you know.
We are all behind the team mate
And we all want pellegrini to succeed & your right 4 games is far to early to judge
I don't have a problem with folk having a moan at him & the players though,it is a forum after all.

Folk can moan away but some calling for his head is just plain ridiculous.

He is no long term appointment anyway and is seen as very much a safe pair of hands and yes, a yes man for Ferran and Txiki until they can get their long term man in some way down the line.

Many wont like that either but its the way our owner wants the club to go forward and they have been given all the power.

They did a decent enough job at Barca so im willing to run it with it.

what's pellers shelf life then all things being equal? just because he is nearly 60 doesn't mean there isn't 5 years in him, I would see that as long term in todays market

blueinsa said:
Can't say I've read any posts saying that, and it would be ridiculous if there was, but people have good reasons to show some concern, all isn't right that much is clear.

Danamy said:
A point and a clean sheet at Stoke would've been good enough under Mancini, what's the difference?
I'm not sure it was, it wasn't for me anyway, they are/were a team we should be beating 7/10 at least, and in any case previous records against any club are just that previous records, history. We hardly ever beat Moyes' teams, but it shouldn't mean we should expect not to win next week.

The cookie monster said:
Danamy said:
A point and a clean sheet at Stoke would've been good enough under Mancini, what's the difference?

A point and a clean sheet is, well, a point and a clean sheet?

I promised myself to not get drawn in to this comparison shit but fuck it I'm joining in.
Think it was the performance dan.
It was a bad performance by a makeshift team, makeshift because of injuries to key players and resting other key players after the week's internationals and ahead of Tuesday's CL game. Not to mention new manager, new players, new system. I don't think our squad has adequate quality in depth yet though. We need another Kompany!

blueinsa said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
blueinsa said:

He is no long term appointment anyway and is seen as very much a safe pair of hands and yes, a yes man for Ferran and Txiki until they can get their long term man in some way down the line.

Many wont like that either but its the way our owner wants the club to go forward and they have been given all the power.

They did a decent enough job at Barca so im willing to run it with it.

This isn't Barca though is it with all due respect.

We are a football club and a business exactly the same as Barca and the way they evolved that club both on and off the field is the way Mansour wants us to evolve going forward.

Dont see the problem with that tbh fella.

Serious question pal-How long do you give the manager? Let's just say the worse case scenario happens this week. I honestly believe the powers that be will consider sacking him.

Danamy said:

I promised myself to not get drawn in to this comparison shit but fuck it I'm joining in.

I tend to take a more long term view than just looking at one off results in isolation, and in my opinion, our performance level has gone backwards this season. We've taken a squad that finished second, added 90m worth of talent, upgraded our manager (alledgedly), had a particularly friendly batch of opening fixtures, and yet the performance level has dropped. I'd expect to see debate on here about that, and I'm surprised that some people are surprised that it's happening. Sack the manager? Well no we're nowhere near there yet, but doubts about his appointment? I'd say that's fair enough.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I didn't get that from his post. I read that he was having a go at people questioning the appointment after just four games. Four fucking games. Many 'inners' like yourself and TCM haven't fallen into that camp and therefore were not, to my mind, referred to in that post.

If you've read that post differently then fair enough, but that's how it seemed to me.
It isn't about our club for a lot of you
He said a 'lot of you'. I don't see how you can claim a post which says 'a lot' is just about a small number people. Maybe that is what he meant and why he's admitted it was a shit post, but in any case, if that's what he meant, he certainly didn't express it well, so it wasn't 'well said' was it?

The cookie monster said:
Danamy said:

Think it was the performance dan.

Even more reason to be glad of a point and a clean sheet then?

We played shit with a make shift back four and came home with a point and a clean sheet, I've seen us full strength, play well and lose before at Stoke, it's football.

This season isn't going to be a bed of roses for all the main contenders, the second group teams have all improved in my opinion and are going to make it harder than previous seasons, Chelsea found that out yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.