Discuss Pellegrini

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
blueinsa said:
This isn't Barca though is it with all due respect.

We are a football club and a business exactly the same as Barca and the way they evolved that club both on and off the field is the way Mansour wants us to evolve going forward.

Dont see the problem with that tbh fella.

Serious question pal-How long do you give the manager? Let's just say the worse case scenario happens this week. I honestly believe the powers that be will consider sacking him.

I will judge come xmas but agree that the next 2 games are crucial.

He wont get sacked though fella until they have the man they want for the future which wont be for a year or 2 imo.

He is not a long term appointment, rather a safe pair of hands happy to work within the structure, something Bob wasn't and the reason why he went imo.

Bobs record was excellent make n mistake but he refused to work with Txiki and made that very public which was his prerogative of course but ultimately his downfall.

I know you wont agree with that structure but its the way forward and with the next few years you will see a D of F at virtually every PL club as its seen as the way forward.

Imho MP is perfoming below par so far & it all started from the transfer window period. Jovetic, Negredo & Navas are good buys no doubt but when he opted out of a potential willian deal i thought he did himself real disservice. For all the criticisms against Silva i still think he's not playing where his strenghts are accentuated the most - no 10 role - a left sided attacking midfielder has got to have a good dose of strength, pace & style as well as ability to be wingers and attacking midfielders as occaision demands and you'd agree with me that silva does not exactly fit the bill & that's why he struggles to bring on that spark a number of times. Look at ribery & muller (left & right) for bayern as well as reus & blazyschoski for dortmund and you'll grasp my point. Even if it meant selling Nasri to get someone of Willian's ilk i thought it was going to be worth it.yesterdays draw was another example of his tactical flaws. He used milner & nasri as the guys to offer creative help for d strikers but they did next to nothing creatively & that was the most evident problem in that match. I expected him to bring navas much earlier than he did. We can only be glad that we didn't lose. However, the boss has got to step up his game.

hgblue said:
Danamy said:
A point and a clean sheet at Stoke would've been good enough under Mancini, what's the difference?

A point and a clean sheet is, well, a point and a clean sheet?

I promised myself to not get drawn in to this comparison shit but fuck it I'm joining in.

I tend to take a more long term view than just looking at one off results in isolation, and in my opinion, our performance level has gone backwards this season. We've taken a squad that finished second, added 90m worth of talent, upgraded our manager (alledgedly), had a particularly friendly batch of opening fixtures, and yet the performance level has dropped. I'd expect to see debate on here about that, and I'm surprised that some people are surprised that it's happening. Sack the manager? Well no we're nowhere near there yet, but doubts about his appointment? I'd say that's fair enough.

I would say fukin great post

cleavers said:
de niro said:
I think the snag is the 4 teams we've played and the "improvements" we've made in both the playing staff and the management.

so far it doesn't bode well.
Agree, and I don't see why it shouldn't be discussed either. Not all of us showing concern had a "mancrush" with mancini. His time was up, it wasn't handled great, but it was definitely up.

+1

cleavers said:
Serious question pal-How long do you give the manager? Let's just say the worse case scenario happens this week. I honestly believe the powers that be will consider sacking him.
Don't be ridiculous.

Why is that ridiculous Cleavers?
We could realistically be 8 pts behind the leaders next week if the dippers win on Monday and next weekend?
If - and yes it is a big if - that happens then progression has become regression-of that there is no doubt and the voices of discontent will become louser and louder. The pressure will grow on the manager and team.

blueinsa said:
This isn't Barca though is it with all due respect.

We are a football club and a business exactly the same as Barca and the way they evolved that club both on and off the field is the way Mansour wants us to evolve going forward.

Dont see the problem with that tbh fella.

Are you high?

de niro said:
Kun Aguero said:
This thread is fucking cringeworthy. He's had 4 games, we drew today, with no Kompany, No Silva, Aguero was only fit enough for the bench, Yaya's moved deeper to spread the ball about. Even if were miles off top spot come Christmas Pelle deserves at least the season. On Mancini it was the right time for him to go.

got to admit mate we are fucking dire. there is nothing and I mean nothing to say that we'll finish in the top half of the table. we ARE that poor.

With no Kompany, no Silva and Aguero only fit enough for the bench. Come May I'll bump this post. I wasn't 100% in favor of appointing Pelle but he DESERVES at least a season. As many trophies as Chelsea have won since Roman took over I believe that they would have won more if the managers had been giving more time(namely Carlo and RDM.) This is the first time since ever that I'm confident we'll win the league, still think Chelsea will win it by at least 8 points though.

Mike N said:
dxb-blue said:
Mike N said:
Or may be just an idiot?

A Blue with a different opinion...must be an idiot?
Like many have already stated, so far we have seen absolutely nothing from our new Manager where he has effected the games we are struggling in. Continuing to play Garcia at CB is a classic example.

I'll tell you why you are an idiot. 'The Spaniards wanted a 'yes man'? How the fuck do you know if he's a 'yes man' or not. You dont. Id rather stick was a manager with experience than some herbert on Bluemoon who's pissing his pants because we havent won four games in a row.

I never said sack our manager after 4 games, referring to Guss Hiddink was merely a reference to an earlier post where some-one asked who was available other than Mancini at this moment in time.
We all want him to succeed, but at the same time we are allowed an opinion.
As for him being a "yes man", this is my opinion based on the actions and words of the two barca guys.
1. The treatment of Mancini (a manager that had won the PL a year.
2. Spouting of some BS management speak of "holistic approaches", when in my opinion.....winning mentality is the key requirement for our football club.

Oh and the fact that you mention Moyes? Please explain why the 'jokes on us'.

4 games in and you want a new manager? As I said, idiot.

spanishblue said:
hgblue said:
Danamy said:
A point and a clean sheet at Stoke would've been good enough under Mancini, what's the difference?

A point and a clean sheet is, well, a point and a clean sheet?

I promised myself to not get drawn in to this comparison shit but fuck it I'm joining in.

I tend to take a more long term view than just looking at one off results in isolation, and in my opinion, our performance level has gone backwards this season. We've taken a squad that finished second, added 90m worth of talent, upgraded our manager (alledgedly), had a particularly friendly batch of opening fixtures, and yet the performance level has dropped. I'd expect to see debate on here about that, and I'm surprised that some people are surprised that it's happening. Sack the manager? Well no we're nowhere near there yet, but doubts about his appointment? I'd say that's fair enough.

I would say fukin great post

As would I. Sums it up perfectly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.