Discuss Pellegrini

The reason everyone is worried and coming on ere is because of the performances so far this season,we are SHIT gone backwards, clueless etc etc even some players who looked decent last year are woeful .Yes a point at STOKE is maybe OK but it`s the performances and that`s against very average teams.

marco said:
stonerblue said:
Ducado said:
What's up? Is rag cafe down?

Absolutely no way on earth you are a City fan

definite smelly rag, and if not, just a ........................

tbh if you take your blue tinted specs off 'just like me' and digest the post he does make some good points
Perhaps if he hadn't posted that it "looks like the joke is on us", after four games, then perhaps people could take the rest of what he posted more seriously.

It's far too early to say that Manuel is a poor appointment, of course it is.

When new players & a new manager arrive poor performances can happen (yes, even three in a row) whilst everyone gets used to each other and to the new approach.

However, for one reason alone I am concerned.... I have absolutely no idea what this new approach is and, dare I say it, so far it looks as though the team doesn't either. What exactly is Manuel trying to do? What formation is he trying to get us playing and what attitude is he trying to instill?

There are people on here who know a great deal more than me about football. I'd be really grateful if a few of you could give your opinion on what you think he's trying to do.

Danamy said:
A point and a clean sheet at Stoke would've been good enough under Mancini, what's the difference?

A point and a clean sheet is, well, a point and a clean sheet?

I promised myself to not get drawn in to this comparison shit but fuck it I'm joining in.

you'll wished you hadn't . pelli is nowhere near as good a manager as mancini and time will show that.

it was pure politics that got bob hoofed. his managerial record is outstanding.

stonerblue said:
Ducado said:
dxb-blue said:
The Owners wanted City to progress in Europe, which unfortunately Mancini had failed at Inter and was repeating the same at City. The new boys from Barca wanted a "yes man", who would allow them to get on with their jobs and ensure their influence was not challenged.
Enter Pellegrini.
We all laughed at the Scum taking on Moyes (never won anything etc)....looks like the joke is on us now.

As for who is available....I think a certain Mr. Guus Hiddick is available - a manager with a winning mentality and can offer a "hostic" approach aswell.
What's up? Is rag cafe down?

Absolutely no way on earth you are a City fan

definite smelly rag, and if not, just a ........................

In my opinion City last year were not a "broken team", the manager had delivered trophies on the pitch and albeit failed in Europe.
He was clealy not backed during the previous transfer window and this definitely was part of the problem last year.

As fans we accepted the managerial change (albeit saddened somewhat) on the basis that there would be a major improvement in our play.
Whilst accepting its only 4 games in.....the standard of play and the lack of a positive impact of the new Manager has been greatly disappointing and thus the discussion has started.

Now tell me...how does this makes me a rag?

hgblue said:
For the record, I've always rated Kompany, and the only players, from memory, that I've never rated are Garcia and Sinclair. The problem with having an opinion is that it can come back to bite you on the arse I suppose, but to be honest, I'm only voicing concerns that are surely shared by the vast majority of blues at the moment? I'm not calling for the manager to be sacked, and I retain the hope that it's early days and he will come good given time, but I'm worried and I don't mind admitting it.

I've always liked your posts hg you know that, and I completely agree with the sentiments in this one too. Absolutely this forum is almost the only place to come and discuss the manager. But there seems to be a lack of appreciation from certain posters to the reality that we are four games into a new season with new players bedding in and a new manager. Given that it seems unwise to make any rash or sweeping generalisation about whether he will be a success or a failure.

You know what I think but i'll stick it up here again. Pellegrini is a top manager who's teams have historically played exciting fluid attacking football. The prospect of him having the players we have at our disposal is mouthwatering. We might not yet have seen much of any of this, but for me it'll come and it'll come sooner than people think.

My gut tells me this forum will be a very different place after we spank the rags next weekend.

Cheesy said:
It's far too early to say that Manuel is a poor appointment, of course it is.

When new players & a new manager arrive poor performances can happen (yes, even three in a row) whilst everyone gets used to each other and to the new approach.

However, for one reason alone I am concerned.... I have absolutely no idea what this new approach is and, dare I say it, so far it looks as though the team doesn't either. What exactly is Manuel trying to do? What formation is he trying to get us playing and what attitude is he trying to instill?

There are people on here who know a great deal more than me about football. I'd be really grateful if a few of you could give your opinion on what you think he's trying to do.

the new approach i thought after the newcastle game was the high pressing and quicker movement of the ball, but we seem to have laid off the high pressing and are back to the slower more patient build up from the mancini era in the last 3 games

robbieh said:
If we were playing this poorly but there was some discernible change in playing style then I think there would be far less angst on here. The problem is that we basically are playing Mancini football but not as well as when managed by Roberto.

The only slight change that was obvious to me is that in the Newcastle game we threw in a few more long diagonal balls. Hardly rocket science.
As I have said before when Roberto started it was obvious from day one what he was trying to do. Overnight the previously shambolic defending was eradicated, we became organized, something we had not been for many years,

What our new manager is trying to do I have no idea.

Many harp on about last season being bad. But for me the cup semi final against Chelsea was City at their best. First 45 minutes we played the eventual Europa League winners off the park. And these were the players who hated Mancini.

Like many others I am worried about the United game despite the fact they are not playing well themselves. The new man does not exude a quiet strength to me. He looks like a guy caught in the headlights.

I suppose time will tell. At least he's not up against Ferguson.

Good post, been saying the same myself. At the moment I can't even see what MP is trying to do because we certainly don't look more attacking.

Last season we were at least creating plenty of chances, we failed because we didn't score enough of them.

Danamy said:
hgblue said:
Danamy said:
A point and a clean sheet at Stoke would've been good enough under Mancini, what's the difference?

A point and a clean sheet is, well, a point and a clean sheet?

I promised myself to not get drawn in to this comparison shit but fuck it I'm joining in.

I tend to take a more long term view than just looking at one off results in isolation, and in my opinion, our performance level has gone backwards this season. We've taken a squad that finished second, added 90m worth of talent, upgraded our manager (alledgedly), had a particularly friendly batch of opening fixtures, and yet the performance level has dropped. I'd expect to see debate on here about that, and I'm surprised that some people are surprised that it's happening. Sack the manager? Well no we're nowhere near there yet, but doubts about his appointment? I'd say that's fair enough.

If you're looking for a long term view on things, some people doubted Kompany when he first signed without giving him a chance to settle, different scenario, but just saying.............

Really?! Watched his 1st appearance he came of the subs bench against west ham played in front of the back Four and he was outstanding...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.