Discuss Pellegrini

de niro said:
Danamy said:
A point and a clean sheet at Stoke would've been good enough under Mancini, what's the difference?

A point and a clean sheet is, well, a point and a clean sheet?

I promised myself to not get drawn in to this comparison shit but fuck it I'm joining in.

you'll wished you hadn't . pelli is nowhere near as good a manager as mancini and time will show that.

it was pure politics that got bob hoofed. his managerial record is outstanding.

Have you got Wednesdays lottery numbers Bill?

You can't possibly know what is going to transpire, I just happen to think we are going through a dip, I am not pretending all is well, anyone can see we have been below par but the time to pass judgement is not after 4 games, lets see how we are after 10.

I can guarantee that if this continues for 10 games you will have every City fan wanting him out, but not 4 it's all very knee jerk

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I have slept on yesterday performance and let me just put one thing out there.

Not one blue,one wants Pellegrini to fail so they can say "told you so". For people to think that blues want to score cheap shots is really quite silly.

My concern is this.Pellegrini has won nothing.
Yesterday he looked like a defeated man already.
He looks haunted as if he is thinking "Wtf have I took on here".

The players for sure need to buck up and start earning what they are paid for.
I still think that Pellegrini will be gone by Christmas and replaced by somebosy else-Who,I have no idea however do we really think that the Spanish pair and Khaldoon have not looked at the 4 performances and thought bar Newcastle this is unacceptable.
Somebody posted last year that Mansour/Khaldoon are winners.They don't accept second best.
So my question is this.Are we happy to just progress in europe-not guaranteed at all and accept a non trophy winning season?
I for one am not but my opinion or anyones on here are not what the board look at.
I will stand by my guns that the sacking of Mancini will put our club back 3 yrs at least but that in no uncertain terms means I or anyone wants us to fail.
Next 2 games are pivotal in our season.
I am not sure why but I just have a bad feeling about things that are going on. Of course off the pitch it is going well,but I for one currently am interested in on pitch performances.

And yet that is precisely the allegation you levelled against the Mancini 'outers' repeatedly for weeks on here! That they hoped City would lose so they could be proven 'right'. You really don't do irony do you?!! That notwithstanding, the continuous linking of the twin decisions to sack Mancini and install Pellegrini, is ill advised. Mancini was an increasingly busted flush, both on and off the field, and the decision to remove him was the correct one in my opinion. The fact that his successor looks to be making a pigs ear of it so far, doesn't change that fact.

As to the rest of your post, I largely share your concerns. I don't know much about Pellegrini in terms of his commitment to a task, but I wonder how much tenacity a 60 year old, who has never managed outside of a Spanish speaking country, who has just lost both of his parents, and who is presently in charge of the one club the English media loves to undermine, will demonstrate when sections of the City crowd (and there are already some morons amidst our number, trying to start Mancini chants) turn on him, as they undoubtedly will if this lunatic board is anything to go by.
The next two games are huge, and based on what we've seen so far, I can see little grounds for optimism in either of them. We have a squad full of talented players, but it is imbalanced, it lacks pace in key areas, and has been found repeatedly wanting over the course of the past 18 months against particular tactics. We are gonna get pressed all season on our travels, and if Pellegrini doesn't change his set up quickly and get his players to demonstrate far more hunger and aggression, then as a prediction I'd venture we ain't gonna finish in the top half, never mind a Champions League spot

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
For the record, I've always rated Kompany, and the only players, from memory, that I've never rated are Garcia and Sinclair. The problem with having an opinion is that it can come back to bite you on the arse I suppose, but to be honest, I'm only voicing concerns that are surely shared by the vast majority of blues at the moment? I'm not calling for the manager to be sacked, and I retain the hope that it's early days and he will come good given time, but I'm worried and I don't mind admitting it.

I've always liked your posts hg you know that, and I completely agree with the sentiments in this one too. Absolutely this forum is almost the only place to come and discuss the manager. But there seems to be a lack of appreciation from certain posters to the reality that we are four games into a new season with new players bedding in and a new manager. Given that it seems unwise to make any rash or sweeping generalisation about whether he will be a success or a failure.

You know what I think but i'll stick it up here again. Pellegrini is a top manager who's teams have historically played exciting fluid attacking football. The prospect of him having the players we have at our disposal is mouthwatering. We might not yet have seen much of any of this, but for me it'll come and it'll come sooner than people think.

My gut tells me this forum will be a very different place after we spank the rags next weekend.
That's what we all want Billy but there doesn't appear to be the slightest whiff of epiphany in the air at the moment.

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:
For the record, I've always rated Kompany, and the only players, from memory, that I've never rated are Garcia and Sinclair. The problem with having an opinion is that it can come back to bite you on the arse I suppose, but to be honest, I'm only voicing concerns that are surely shared by the vast majority of blues at the moment? I'm not calling for the manager to be sacked, and I retain the hope that it's early days and he will come good given time, but I'm worried and I don't mind admitting it.

I've always liked your posts hg you know that, and I completely agree with the sentiments in this one too. Absolutely this forum is almost the only place to come and discuss the manager. But there seems to be a lack of appreciation from certain posters to the reality that we are four games into a new season with new players bedding in and a new manager. Given that it seems unwise to make any rash or sweeping generalisation about whether he will be a success or a failure.

You know what I think but i'll stick it up here again. Pellegrini is a top manager who's teams have historically played exciting fluid attacking football. The prospect of him having the players we have at our disposal is mouthwatering. We might not yet have seen much of any of this, but for me it'll come and it'll come sooner than people think.

My gut tells me this forum will be a very different place after we spank the rags next weekend.

You probably already know, but I'll say it anyway, I REALLY hope your right about this. I have absolutely no desire to see Pellegrini fail. If he fails, we fail. I'm just having a hard time getting my head round just how shite we've been in the last three games. We've not taken a step backwards, we've taken one giant fucking leap backwards. Does this happen under a top quality manager? If it does, does the guy know how to put things right? We play like that against United and we could get mullered, and this place really will go into meltdown.

Mancini was a disciplinarian but he also had very little desire to build relationships with the players. This meant that when things started to go wrong and the disciplinarian style wore thin he was unable to turn things around with them.

Pellegrini is completely the opposite of Mancini. He is bit like Sven in that he treats the players like equals which is ok to a point but as others have said we do not have a squad full of natural grafters and leaders (as opposed to Everton for example). The manager needs to motivate them, we cannot afford to coast through matches like we have been doing. I'm not sure whether Pellegrini fully understands this but hopefully he will learn.

One thing I do know about Pellegrini ... Reading this quote from the OS leaves me concluding he must be an alcoholic

' I think we played well'

BillyShears said:
hgblue said:

Aw Billy, what'd'ya go and say that for? They'll crucify you man........! ;)

It can't be a coincidence we share an identical record with United and Chelsea, currently, both who have also changed the manager?

Yet, both Mourinho and Moyes are already fully conversant in the ways of the Premier League.

They say one man doesn't make a team but I would beg to differ, and dare say, Barcelona fans would also agree.

The loss of Kompany has also coincided with our worst performances and results under Mancini over the course of two seasons.

Vinny's return will allow Pellegrini to expand his thinking and selection processes by ten-fold.

For goodness sake - give the guy a chance!

Those who say Mancini is/was better have clearly forgotten his turgid brand of sideways football with unhappy players who underperformed. Thankfully, IMO, he's gone - he aint coming back - so what's it going to achieve to chant his name? Merely it will cause more problems.

Our issues still exist, just as they did under Mancini - mainly players who aren't good enough: Kolarov, Garcia, Rodwell, Nasri, Lescott. All should have been sold.

Also, as I have repeatedly said for two years - we STILL need a world class centre back and a captain/leader. Failure to address this continually comes back to kick us. Yesterday there was no leadership at all. We keep buying forwards, yet our problems are in defence - thats why Mancini didnt win the Prem last season - lack of goals because we had to play two holding midfield players to compensate for inadequacy in the back four. We merely papered over the cracks.

This isnt the current manager's fault - its the fault of the scouts/transfer policy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.