Discuss Pellegrini

Jumanji said:
Memo to Manuel Pellegrini- no team has ever won a Premier League title without significant contributions from English field players- FACT

English players just care more even in the tough away games that our foreign lads don't seem to wake up for. Aguero for instance is probably the biggest homer since Robinho.

I'd like to see Barry or Rodwell play behind Yaya & Fern for tricky away ties...reckon there won't be wank players prancing through our midfield à la Messi like yesterday if that's the case.
True English or atleast British players. Mancini knew this. Mourinho and seasoned PL winners know this. But Spanish duo and Pelle want to build around Spanish and Latin players.

phil31 said:
Can Pellegrini engineer the team a backbone away from home?
He'd better do it fast. Stoke up next followed by Villa (won't be a push over this year) and Wet Sham.

Jumanji said:
Memo to Manuel Pellegrini- no team has ever won a Premier League title without significant contributions from English field players- FACT

English players just care more even in the tough away games that our foreign lads don't seem to wake up for. Aguero for instance is probably the biggest homer since Robinho.

I'd like to see Barry or Rodwell play behind Yaya & Fern for tricky away ties...reckon there won't be wank players prancing through our midfield à la Messi like yesterday if that's the case.

i hope you're fucking wumming with that, aguero is a model professional and has a perfect attitude every game.

I'm not wumming, Aguero is a homer. Not only in my eyes, but his goal tally suggests this as well.

I'm not saying he has a bad attitude or that he isn't professional.

Speaking of professionalism sometimes I feel that in less desirable away games, our foreign players just do enough to be seen as "professional" instead of leaving everything on the pitch.

If you want to beat the likes of Stoke away, you're going to have to match the defending team's desire. That's how you put a dent in a parked bus. Opposing players can smell that you'd rather be elsewhere and it strengthens them.

Jumanji said:
I'm not wumming, Aguero is a homer. Not only my eyes, but his goal tally suggests this as well.

I'm not saying he has a bad attitude or that he isn't professional.

is he though? i don't have stats off hand but if i remember correctly he's scored a lot away from home since he joined.

thenabster said:
Pellegrini got tactically destroyed by Malkay Mackay. I mean Malkay ripped him apart.
Wrong. We controlled the game, found it tough to break through a wall of 10 men but who wouldn't? Our mistake was conceding from two corners, that's not a tactical issue, that's personnel.

thenabster said:
Also he knew that MP wasn't going to use a holding midfielder but two midfielders who preferred to attack.
Wrong. Just, absolutely wrong. Fernandinho wins the ball high up the pitch and is a top quality ball winner, but being in a higher starting position does not make him a midfielder who prefers to attack. Yaya rarely attacks, he creates from deep. I still can't believe people haven't clocked onto this yet. Yaya is our controller, constantly starting attacks from deep and breaking the lines, absolute nonsense to call him a midfielder who likes to attack.

thenabster said:
Plus MP didn't even react to the troubles.
React to what? Having total control over the game but conceding from two corners? Nonsense.

ban-mcfc said:
is he though? i don't have stats off hand but if i remember correctly he's scored a lot away from home since he joined.
Just 12 (33%) of Sergio Aguero's 36 Premier League goals for Manchester City have come away from home.

gelly said:
Jumanji said:

True English or atleast British players. Mancini knew this. Mourinho and seasoned PL winners know this. But Spanish duo and Pelle want to build around Spanish and Latin players.
Arsenal's invincibles had Cole and Cambell. That's two. We had two yesterday.

Cole and Campbell weren't even significant. Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, Vieira - That's significant. The only time an English player has contributed significantly to a title winning side is when they've been top class English players. The fact they're English is irrelevant, Lampard was one of the best players in the world through 04-07, that's the reason Chelsea were successful, not his nationality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.