Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damanino said:
Is there really some meeting behind closed doors today?

Few days ago Soriano was giving interview in Australia, is he back already?

I would expect Mansour arriving to the training ground today and start running towards Pelle angrily...

Given it was billy who reckons he has friends ITK,i doubt it lol

Start making the changes now in preparation for the summer. Get rid of Pellegrini, and have Vieira in charge for Saturday, and for the remaining games. There's just a real end of era feel around the club, its gone stale, players know that they and the manager are most likely leaving at the end of the season, there's nothing of real significance to play for. I dread the atmosphere for West Ham if Pellegrini is still there, it will be as flat as a pancake, with certain players with no future, just going through the motions. I really don't see what we've got to lose, we've hit the end of the road, can anyone really see a significant improvement in performances now, and until the end of the season? Having a respected figure like Vieira in charge, and hopefully an injection of some of youth players, could bring some life back into the club.

Damanino said:
pml79 said:
Damanino said:
Is there really some meeting behind closed doors today?

Few days ago Soriano was giving interview in Australia, is he back already?

I would expect Mansour arriving to the training ground today and start running towards Pelle angrily...
They dont need to be all together to have a meeting although a face to face meeting is alot better than video calls

Maybe Chappy is doing a skype chat about his latest pranks with Txiki and Soriano today, thats the big meeting...
haha yes probably with the #together motto

There was a report ahead of the derby on News Now that Khaldoon was flying in for the match and would be holding a series of meetings
with executives today. If the report was correct I assume that they were normal scheduled meetings. Whether he's actually here
or not I don't know. News Now's source was some weird site I'd never heard of.

Re: Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

Mister Appointment said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
There is nothing left to be gained from keeping Pellegrini in charge.

Sadly, I'd have to agree. I've defended a lot of what Pellegrini has said and done, but like every manager before him he must carry the can for the abortion that was that 2nd half performance, and our 2nd half of this season in general. Has allowed himself to lose control of the situation in quite spectacular fashion which just isn't good. I like seat of my pants football and I don't mind the fact that you have to leave the back door open to do that, but you have to get results, especially under pressure and big games. Pellegrini's not won anywhere near enough of the ones that really mattered this season.

As for the players. No revelations today. We know we need an influx of players. Lets hope if there's one bright side to day, it redoubles our efforts to land all our top targets this summer.

Fucking deeply depressed and I sort of wish the season was over because fuck me now we have a fight for the top 4.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDqiqRWWZBY[/video]
by their fruits ye shall know them

chris85mcfc said:
Manchester_lalala said:
allan harper said:
The club are happy for the manager and players to coast along until then end of the season, while the fans have paid/are paying good money to watch them.

Get him fucked off now, don't wait till the summer.

This is what it seems like, weather that is the case or not we don't know. I will be thankful at the end of the season if we're in the top 4. How times change within 3 months.

We're slowly morphing into Arsenal, weak minded players that can't handle it when the going gets tough.

Finishing 4th this season would be an absolute disgrace, but the way things currently stand it would seem like winning a trophy

That's my major concern as well - the lack of leadership on the pitch. Joe Hart screams and shouts but how much influence can he have from his goal? Kompany has been appalling this season and when he's off the pitch Yaya is the captain... enough said really. Zabaleta hasn't been at the races either and to be honest when you play the likes of Barca and Bayern would you want Zabaleta in the side anyway considering his tactics are to press and avoid being run at our the ball in behind? We lack a leader on the pitch and for me you need it in central areas. We all hope Kompany regains his form, but if he doesn't we have serious issues over leadership.

There's also very little leadership in any of the names I've seen linked with us. Yaya was the powerhouse to our midfield and unplayable at his best. You cannot find a player who can play the central midfield role and score as many as he has for us... Lampard is the only comparable player that the Prem and indeed Europe has really seen playing central midfield and scoring so regularly.

We need two players therefore to replace him... either a player like Koke to put in the leg work with Fernandinho and possibly Silva in the no.10 role... or Pogba who would be dominant on the ball, but you'd need to add goals from somewhere unless Pogba steps up his scoring stats.

I think we need to call it quits on a lot of players. Yaya should have gone last summer really - though I'm not sure who was seriously after him. I suppose had he left we'd all blame that decision for poor results... Yaya, Kolarov, Dzeko, Navas, Nasri would be the ones to go. Jovetic as well unless we see him as a third choice striker/no.10. He probably wants to leave after being left out despite the shite on show. I'd also let Sagna go as he's done nothing and Zabaleta isn't being challenged enough for his performances to improve. Fernando should go too realistically, but perhaps he can settle next season if played in the right formation.

It's a lot of changes which isn't ideal but I think it has to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.