Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
marco said:
baildon blue said:
marco said:
and is 6 points above the trap door with some hard games to come
Dortmund won't go down .
Plus they have had a lot injuries this season .

he's a good manager but i dont think he would hit the ground running, he's the kind of guy you need to give a 5/6 year deal to, do we have time for that, i dont think we have it would put us in total transition while he finds his feet

I would prefer to call it a cheaters mentality.

Ray78 said:
bondsman said:
Ray78 said:

In all seriousness don't you want a team and manager prepared to win at any cost? If not why follow a team?

I don't want to see a side that dives, time wastes, surrounds the referee hack, slash and whinge to victory. I do like attacking football.

Haha ever see El Classico? Bet you don't like barca or real either? In fairness every team needs to do a bit of what's on your list. It's part of winning

Shooter 83 said:
sam-caddick said:
City Watch @City_Watch · 8s 8 seconds ago
Independent: City have no desire to sack Pellegrini but missing top 4 would force a decision. City "determined" to get Guardiola in future.

We need top sack off this Pep obsession, who is to say he won't take a year off next summer like a few reports have hinted at.

It's well known he wants to manage so called established big name clubs so why will he pick us, Txiki might be out of a job soon as well.

Because they already have an agreement with him. Was known at the time pellegrini come in and it's fairly obvious now what's going on really.

I think that's highly unlikely to be honest.

Guardiola obviously has a close relationship with Soriano and Begiristain, but I'd be amazed if we have a firm agreement in place. I'm sure he wouldn't fuck us around unnecessarily, so he'd obviously consider a move here but a year is a long time in football.

He's probably the most sought after coach in the world, and I'm not convinced we'll be in pole position. The United and Arsenal jobs will appeal to him too, assuming England is his next destination. Those jobs could well be available in 1 or 2 years (depending on his timescales).

waspish said:
one thing with Rafa he would sort our defence out and that's what we need!

Have you seen his Napoli and Inter sides?

I will be angered so much if we appoint Rafa, the guy is finished at the highest level of management and will have won the lottery getting the City job.

bondsman said:
Ray78 said:
bondsman said:
In all seriousness don't you want a team and manager prepared to win at any cost? If not why follow a team?

I don't want to see a side that dives, time wastes, surrounds the referee hack, slash and whinge to victory. I do like attacking football.

Haha ever see El Classico? Bet you don't like barca or real either? In fairness every team needs to do a bit of what's on your list. It's part of winning

Both are attacking sides to be fair.

Ric said:
Shooter 83 said:
sam-caddick said:
We need top sack off this Pep obsession, who is to say he won't take a year off next summer like a few reports have hinted at.

It's well known he wants to manage so called established big name clubs so why will he pick us, Txiki might be out of a job soon as well.

Because they already have an agreement with him. Was known at the time pellegrini come in and it's fairly obvious now what's going on really.

I think that's highly unlikely to be honest.

Guardiola obviously has a close relationship with Soriano and Begiristain, but I'd be amazed if we have a firm agreement in place. I'm sure he wouldn't fuck us around unnecessarily, so he'd obviously consider a move here but a year is a long time in football.

He's probably the most sought after coach in the world, and I'm not convinced we'll be in pole position. The United and Arsenal jobs will appeal to him too, assuming England is his next destination. Those jobs could well be available in 1 or 2 years (depending on his timescales).

Probably spot on with that assessment Ric, however I find it hard that our owner would be so short sighted just to see how this played out in the hope we might get him. Would Sheik Mansour really let this happen without some kind of assurances? Hard to come to terms with that scenario considering what's at stake right now and into next season. He's a man that plans ahead plans ahead.... You get the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.