Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can see the Rafa link is an obvious wind up.

Why do you take this seriously?

If City change manager then we have the perfect caretaker manager in place in Vieira. We change now, and then give it until the rest of he season, and then review again. We don't need to make 1 year appointments, we make a change on a caretaker basis. The need is now, to get 3rd.

However this is all pointless - it's pretty clear that we're going with Pellegrini for the moment at least. I find it hard to believe that a team who sacked Mancini for finishing 2nd, are now somehow prepared to give Pellegrini more time when for he last 3 months we've been playing like a bottom 6 side.

There doesn't seem any logic in it other than self-preservation i.e. if their appointment goes down, then Txiki and Soriano go too.

If our players know that the next manager has only 12 months contract they wont really play for him...

We need to get Guardiola this summer, if not delay it until 2018 maybe.

Karma is a woman and if we wait so much for Guardiola as we are ready to tread water until that happens than you know what will karma do?
Guardiola takes us over and will crash and burn and we will be his managerial black hole...

leech said:
sam-caddick said:
leech said:
Don't think the naturally cautious, defensive, tactical nature of Italian teams particularly suits him, he has nothing to add to them. In England his prowess is indisputable.

In Europe in 2013-2014 he finished level on points with Dortmund and Arsenal, going out only on goal difference with clearly the weakest squad. This season his side were drawn against Bilbao, a decent side, and had a bit of a shocker in the second leg. They're one of the favourites for the Europa League though.

That's what Rafa is now though, a great Europa League level manager.

He was CL quality in the 00's, since then a new generation has come around and have left him behind.
When has he had the chance to manage an elite side in the Champions League recently?

There is a reason for that, he isn't good enough anymore.

Inter Milan nearly finished him, luckily for him Chelsea game him a pathway back into management at a top club and even though he did win the EL with them he did have a team that was just recently crowned European Champions and a squad that was by far more well equipped than any other team in the EL at the time, it would have been immense failure had they not won it.

How Chelsea didn't make it out of the CL group stage with the players they had in the first place was a mystery, Di Matteo's poor management was probably the reason.

I just get the feeling this is Txiki bringing in a fellow countryman so he can have a stronger voice in the boardroom.

All this interim manager rubbish to wait for Pep is ridiculously small time in my opinion, it's a disgrace!

Damanino said:
If our players know that the next manager has only 12 months contract they wont really play for him...

Karma is a woman and if we wait so much for Guardiola as we are ready to tread water until that happens than you know what will karma do?
Guardiola takes us over and will crash and burn and we will be his managerial black hole...

lol
Oh dear, youre not in a good place at the moment are you.

Marvin said:
As far as I can see the Rafa link is an obvious wind up.

Why do you take this seriously?

If City change manager then we have the perfect caretaker manager in place in Vieira. We change now, and then give it until the rest of he season, and then review again. We don't need to make 1 year appointments, we make a change on a caretaker basis. The need is now, to get 3rd.

However this is all pointless - it's pretty clear that we're going with Pellegrini for the moment at least. I find it hard to believe that a team who sacked Mancini for finishing 2nd, are now somehow prepared to give Pellegrini more time when for he last 3 months we've been playing like a bottom 6 side.

There doesn't seem any logic in it other than self-preservation i.e. if their appointment goes down, then Txiki and Soriano go too.

Exactly, but arent the reports that the club are negotiating to get him released early, ie in in time for the last few games as well as next season.
Dont get me wrong if its a choice between MP and Vieira for the next 6 games I too would want Patrick, as I think sticking with the current boss is the worst of all options. However, if Benitez was also available to come in asap, then with his experience and record of success, you'd certainly expect him to be viewed as a safer pair of hands to get us over the line than Vieira

chesterbells said:
Damanino said:

lol
Oh dear, youre not in a good place at the moment are you.
A bit like our team then

I can't see Sheikh Mansour and Khaldoon being prepared to wait 12 months for Pep and sanctioning a one year contract for Rafa.

What if we're not in the CL, will Pep still come? No, if Txiki can't deliver Pep this Summer, which he can't, then we just forget about him.

This club has been drifting since Christmas. I didn't see this collapse coming and I bet they didn't in Abu Dhabi. The option of carrying
on with Pellegrini for another year, which was never ideal given he would have been a lame duck leader all next season has gone.

We need a permanent appointment this Summer and the manager needs to have the final say on transfers.

If Txiki doesn't like it then he can go as well.

I just have a feeling that Sabella will be our manager next season.
We only have two world case plass players and 1 of them (Aguero) may decide he want's offski's unless he gets a manager of his choice.
Just throwing this out there as a possibility.

Personally I have to say, if Pepe Guardiola IS NOT available next season (and Bayern may fire him this summer if he won't extend and/or has a bad CL with Bayern) AND IF Carlo Ancelotti is available, we'd be insane to take get anyone else next season.

We'll know soon enough about Sabella - Sao Paulo want an answer by Friday. He's stalling only because of perceived interest from us (wages already agreed with Sao Paulo).

sam-caddick said:
leech said:
sam-caddick said:
He couldn't get Napoli past the opening CL knockout round and it was deemed massive failure, he also failed top progress them out of the group last season.

At Inter he was atrocious in Europe and he only won the EL with Chelsea because they had the most well equipped team in the competition, should never have been in the tournament in the first place because how they failed to get out of the CL group was a mystery considering the talent they had, plus the team was Champions League winners going into that tournament.

Rafa was great ten years ago, not anymore.
Don't think the naturally cautious, defensive, tactical nature of Italian teams particularly suits him, he has nothing to add to them. In England his prowess is indisputable.

In Europe in 2013-2014 he finished level on points with Dortmund and Arsenal, going out only on goal difference with clearly the weakest squad. This season his side were drawn against Bilbao, a decent side, and had a bit of a shocker in the second leg. They're one of the favourites for the Europa League though.

That's what Rafa is now though, a great Europa League level manager.

He was CL quality in the 00's, since then a new generation has come around and have left him behind.

Winning the Europa league guarantees a CL spot. Aren't we in the same position with MP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.