Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for Pep is akin to writing off the PL. There's no way a lame duck manager will be able to mount a serious title chase over a long hard season so we'd be relying on winning a couple of cups.
Benitez or Ancelotti would be the ideal candidates in that case. Both are cup managers.

But if we want to push on from next season we may have to forget about Guardiola - at least for the foreseeable future - and appoint the next long term manager. In such a scenario, and given the type of football the club wants, Frank De Boer stands out to me. He was brought up in the Ajax/Barca school, was a fantastic player and clearly wants his teams to play stylish attacking football. I suspect that he is one of the unnamed 2 in Txiki's 5 managers suitable for City.

I lean towards the 2nd option. Give De Boer the funds to reshape the squad.

Silva_Spell said:
Waiting for Pep is akin to writing off the PL. There's no way a lame duck manager will be able to mount a serious title chase over a long hard season so we'd be relying on winning a couple of cups.
Benitez or Ancelotti would be the ideal candidates in that case. Both are cup managers.

But if we want to push on from next season we may have to forget about Guardiola - at least for the foreseeable future - and appoint the next long term manager. In such a scenario, and given the type of football the club wants, Frank De Boer stands out to me. He was brought up in the Ajax/Barca school, was a fantastic player and clearly wants his teams to play stylish attacking football. I suspect that he is one of the unnamed 2 in Txiki's 5 managers suitable for City.

pointless untill txiki goes, he can't spot a player.

de niro said:
Silva_Spell said:

Signing pllayers is a team effort, including the manager. Txiki doesn't spot and then sign then on his own

cordonbleu said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Stunning swoop and rafa Benitez in the same sentence :(

Really hope this ain't true, would rather give big paddy a chance than get Benitez.

If they do decide to get rid of Pellers I would go for Klopp, young, charismatic and plays fast offensive football.
Forget about getting Pep In 2 years time. We are just treading water waiting for him to get bored at Bayern.

Why do we want Klopp? He is an overhyped, one dimensional, stubborn mule who does not have Plans B & C. They are struggling to avoid relegation this season as other teams have worked out how to play against his style/tactics. He is suited to manage a provincial club, but not a big club like ours.

Disagree, he has taken a struggling club to the brink of champions league glory, consistently challenging bayern despite having to sell his best players to them every season. This season has been poor but i have seen enough of that dortmund side to take a risk on him.

As for dortmund being provincial? They have a great fanbase, stadium, european and domestic trophies?

As for being inflexible, pep is the most inflexible manager in football, he believes in his system and sets up exactly the same no matter who they play, kind of like pellers really.

This blueprint or identifiable style of football is what the dof's are striving for, so dont expect any incoming manager to mess with tactics and systems from game to game.

City aren't going to make an interim appointment for 12 months. They'll either replace Pellegrini this summer with another medium/long term appointment, or they'll keep him for another 12 months.

Also with regards Guardiola, it's either now or never IMO.

We need someone who can organise the team, even if it's just set pieces/corners

I'd go back to zonal marking, we had a competent defense when we had that system.

Pelli needs to go pre WHU (if he's fit that lump Carroll will have a great time in the air).

Not too fused who comes in at the moment Sabella/Rafa/Ancelotti/Paddy to step up. I'd probably use Paddy til the season end them take stock

These last 6 games are more important that when we won the league last year for the club future..... Senior management should be holding their heads in shame.

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
cordonbleu said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
Really hope this ain't true, would rather give big paddy a chance than get Benitez.

If they do decide to get rid of Pellers I would go for Klopp, young, charismatic and plays fast offensive football.
Forget about getting Pep In 2 years time. We are just treading water waiting for him to get bored at Bayern.

Why do we want Klopp? He is an overhyped, one dimensional, stubborn mule who does not have Plans B & C. They are struggling to avoid relegation this season as other teams have worked out how to play against his style/tactics. He is suited to manage a provincial club, but not a big club like ours.

Disagree, he has taken a struggling club to the brink of champions league glory, consistently challenging bayern despite having to sell his best players to them every season. This season has been poor but i have seen enough of that dortmund side to take a risk on him.

As for dortmund being provincial? They have a great fanbase, stadium, european and domestic trophies?

As for being inflexible, pep is the most inflexible manager in football, he believes in his system and sets up exactly the same no matter who they play, kind of like pellers really.

This blueprint or identifiable style of football is what the dof's are striving for, so dont expect any incoming manager to mess with tactics and systems from game to game.

Silva_Spell said:
de niro said:
Silva_Spell said:

Signing pllayers is a team effort, including the manager. Txiki doesn't spot and then sign then on his own

And includes all the scouting staff.

Txiki is responsible for getting the whole system right and that takes time. Also, Txiki's signings have not been some sort of flat out failure. He won't get them all right and the only potential major error is Mangala but I wouldn't write that signing off just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.