Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue b4 the moon said:
We need someone who can organise the team, even if it's just set pieces/corners

I'd go back to zonal marking, we had a competent defense when we had that system.

Pelli needs to go pre WHU (if he's fit that lump Carroll will have a great time in the air).

Not too fused who comes in at the moment Sabella/Rafa/Ancelotti/Paddy to step up. I'd probably use Paddy til the season end them take stock

These last 6 games are more important that when we won the league last year for the club future..... Senior management should be holding their heads in shame.

I'm very much in agreement.

We're in a proper mess at the minute......and,unless the demise is arrested,we're in real danger of missing out on the top 4,which was/is unthinkable and which will severely damage our projector.

Its as plain as day the Pellegrini is out of his depth,his team aren't playing for him and he has no idea how to get the best from them,morale appears to be on its arse - in fact,at no point this season have I been confident that he knows what his best eleven is or even what their best attributes are.

So,i'm at a stage whereby I would be willing to give almost anyone with decent credentials the opportunity of reinvigorating us,would they honestly do any worse? If he stays in charge even one more game then I honestly think we'll all be getting reacquainted with channel 5 next year.

GaudinoMotors said:
Had an awful nightmare that we replaced Pelle with Benitez, then I woke up and we still had Pelle with 5 crucial games to go.
Not sure which is worse.

Well, the nightmare is slightly worse as we have 6 games left.. under Pelle it's a scary prospect.

FantasyIreland said:
blue b4 the moon said:

I'd go back to zonal marking, we had a competent defense when we had that system.

Pelli needs to go pre WHU (if he's fit that lump Carroll will have a great time in the air).

Not too fused who comes in at the moment Sabella/Rafa/Ancelotti/Paddy to step up. I'd probably use Paddy til the season end them take stock

These last 6 games are more important that when we won the league last year for the club future..... Senior management should be holding their heads in shame.

We're in a proper mess at the minute......and,unless the demise is arrested,we're in real danger of missing out on the top 4,which was/is unthinkable and which will severely damage our projector.

Its as plain as day the Pellegrini is out of his depth,his team aren't playing for him and he has no idea how to get the best from them,morale appears to be on its arse - in fact,at no point this season have I been confident that he knows what his best eleven is or even what their best attributes are.

So,i'm at a stage whereby I would be willing to give almost anyone with decent credentials the opportunity of reinvigorating us,would they honestly do any worse? If he stays in charge even one more game then I honestly think we'll all be getting reacquainted with channel 5 next year.
How low in the league does Europa league qualification go? And if we continue our tremendous point a game form to the end of the season how low could we potentially finish?

FantasyIreland said:
blue b4 the moon said:

He's got one more game for me... he will keep his faith in the players and in his system - if it fails again he has to go. Teams haven't worked us out. The issue we have is that an 80 year old on a zimmer frame could get past our central midfield without anyone picking them up... Fernandinho or Fernando when combined with Yaya has had to cover so much space in the middle. It's far too easy... anyone could work out the way to play against us... put an extra man in the middle - pass around Yaya and Ferny and then get at the defence. It's simple but Pellegrini doesn't seem to realise Yaya is performing so poorly in that central role. We need an extra man in there. Put Yaya further forward or do whatever you want but we need more energy in the middle of the park. We'll finish in the top 4, I think we'll end up in the top 3 actually - but it's time for a new start without the manager and without a lot of our players.

If players are protesting against the manager....

Why don't they ignore his instructions and just go out and play as they seem fit, and one would assume - win?

If you're going to make a point of showing the manager he's wrong, downing tools doesn't prove anything. Demonstrating why he's wrong and winning at least stands a chance of being persuasive!

FanchesterCity said:

Why don't they ignore his instructions and just go out and play as they seem fit, and one would assume - win?

If you're going to make a point of showing the manager he's wrong, downing tools doesn't prove anything. Demonstrating why he's wrong and winning at least stands a chance of being persuasive!

correct. my thoughts to a tee.

FanchesterCity said:

maybe as some of them are not arsed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.