Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
spanishblue said:
FanchesterCity said:
spanishblue said:
WTF this has got to be a Clarkie

No, he's right. We even had to do without beer and working loos at the recent water cut off at the stadium..... we've been cursed since new year.
We've ditched Viagogo and got voodoo in return.

OH NO its the gipsy curse :-)

Nooo it's them damn red lights on the cranes overs the new stand ..its a sign I tell ya ..its jinxing us .
I say form a cranehunt pitchforks at the ready ..smash em smash em

Mister Appointment said:
Damocles said:
Marvin said:
We can assume that Soriano and Txiki are responsible for the press reports that Pellegrini is safe for now, but what does Khaldoon think?

Considering they all had a board meeting together yesterday and wouldn't leak this stuff off of their own backs, Khaldoon and the Sheikh obviously think the same.

To be honest, I get the impression whatever disappointment may well exist with regards Pellegrini and his hand in our underperformance, there is absolute outright fury at the levels of commitment shown by certain players. They will without doubt be fucked off whereas a decision about Pellegrini will be much more considered and will be taken with one eye on who they can replace him with and when.

Everyone keeps looking at this from one angle - Pellegrini's gotta go. However it's worth looking at it from the club's point of view. You've got a shortlist of three candidates who you feel are the best people to succeed Pellegrini - but for whatever reason all three of them aren't prepared to come this summer. But, one of them (or all of them) is prepared to sign up for summer of 2016 now. Do you then sack Pellegrini for 12 months of drift? No you don't, and no the club won't.

It's going to come down to whether one of the three they want, they get. If they don't, there won't be a change this summer.
So after backing the players to the hilt against one manager (who'd produced better results) we've decided it actually was the players after all and we're going to back a manager who seems almost completely ineffectual at instilling any sort of motivation in the players - after all that's why the board are apparently furious.

So we'll bring in a lot of new players to play under a manager who has only one season left who the new manager might not even want.

We're doing this because we don't have the imagination/flexibility to look beyond 3 managers which really calls into question how fluid and seamless the purported changes of manager under our consistent D o F actually is if it's so unworkable with every manager on the planet bar 3.

NQCitizen said:
Mister Appointment said:
Damocles said:
Considering they all had a board meeting together yesterday and wouldn't leak this stuff off of their own backs, Khaldoon and the Sheikh obviously think the same.

To be honest, I get the impression whatever disappointment may well exist with regards Pellegrini and his hand in our underperformance, there is absolute outright fury at the levels of commitment shown by certain players. They will without doubt be fucked off whereas a decision about Pellegrini will be much more considered and will be taken with one eye on who they can replace him with and when.

Everyone keeps looking at this from one angle - Pellegrini's gotta go. However it's worth looking at it from the club's point of view. You've got a shortlist of three candidates who you feel are the best people to succeed Pellegrini - but for whatever reason all three of them aren't prepared to come this summer. But, one of them (or all of them) is prepared to sign up for summer of 2016 now. Do you then sack Pellegrini for 12 months of drift? No you don't, and no the club won't.

It's going to come down to whether one of the three they want, they get. If they don't, there won't be a change this summer.
So after backing the players to the hilt against one manager (who'd produced better results) we've decided it actually was the players after all and we're going to back a manager who seems almost completely ineffectual at instilling any sort of motivation in the players - after all that's why the board are apparently furious.

So we'll bring in a lot of new players to play under a manager who has only one season left who the new manager might not even want.

We're doing this because we don't have the imagination/flexibility to look beyond 3 managers which really calls into question how fluid and seamless the purported changes of manager under our consistent D o F actually is if it's so unworkable with every manager on the planet bar 3.

It is similar to how we have adopted a defensive system that is unworkable with every defender on the planet bar 3, none of whom play for City.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Exactly darker powers are working against us on and off the pitch. All started when Bony arrived I think a Ghana voodoo priest has cursed him and Yaya after their defeat in the AFCON.

We need to sacrifice some lamb or something prior to the game on Sunday to break the curse.

More like the Bony transfer split an already temperamental squad in two. Signing him put all the Balkan lads nose out of joint.

Yaya is Bony's mate and when he plays Yaya always looks to pass to him first ahead of Aguero. Nasri is Yaya's mate etc, etc.

At times the players behave like schoolkids. Couple that with a captain who is bang out of form and (rightly) doesn't believe in
the manager's suicidal attacking policy then I think signing Bony probably was a key element in our collapse. I feel really
sorry for him.I bet he didn't realise the nest of vipers he was joining.

Whilst I was joking over the sacrifice of lambs though others on here would prefer to sacrifice a goat (sick bastards) I wholeheartedly agree with everything you say.

A great post and I am in the same view as yourself that there is probably a lot of players that are not great fans of Yaya after firstly last years cake saga and for this year his attitude at times on the pitch. The last thing they probably wanted was one of his mates joining. All performance levels started to drop from when we signed Bony on 14th January up to that point we were on a run of 11 wins and 3 draws in all comps after getting beat on 5th Nov against CSKA. Which just so happened was the game that Yaya decided to get himself sent off in.

For Pellegrini to save his job he needs to evaluate his squad and in my opinion drop Yaya altogether and start with Lampard.

If he has any of Toure, Dzeko or Nasri in the matchday squad at the weekend I will assume the whole management team are on some kind of wind-up.

On the other hand, maybe modern man management techniques include telling players in the press that they aren't pulling their weight and will be sold in the summer.

Which would be ludicrous, of course, coming from the most succesful football executuve ever.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Exactly darker powers are working against us on and off the pitch. All started when Bony arrived I think a Ghana voodoo priest has cursed him and Yaya after their defeat in the AFCON.

We need to sacrifice some lamb or something prior to the game on Sunday to break the curse.

More like the Bony transfer split an already temperamental squad in two. Signing him put all the Balkan lads nose out of joint.

Yaya is Bony's mate and when he plays Yaya always looks to pass to him first ahead of Aguero. Nasri is Yaya's mate etc, etc.

At times the players behave like schoolkids. Couple that with a captain who is bang out of form and (rightly) doesn't believe in
the manager's suicidal attacking policy then I think signing Bony probably was a key element in our collapse. I feel really

Whilst I was joking over the sacrifice of lambs though others on here would prefer to sacrifice a goat (sick bastards) I wholeheartedly agree with everything you say.

A great post and I am in the same view as yourself that there is probably a lot of players that are not great fans of Yaya after firstly last years cake saga and for this year his attitude at times on the pitch. The last thing they probably wanted was one of his mates joining. All performance levels started to drop from when we signed Bony on 14th January up to that point we were on a run of 11 wins and 3 draws in all comps after getting beat on 5th Nov against CSKA. Which just so happened was the game that Yaya decided to get himself sent off in.

For Pellegrini to save his job he needs to evaluate his squad and in my opinion drop Yaya altogether and start with Lampard.

Lancet Fluke said:
NQCitizen said:
Mister Appointment said:

It is similar to how we have adopted a defensive system that is unworkable with every defender on the planet bar 3, none of whom play for City.

2 great posts.

Pellegrini is a problem, and a big one at that. But the problems run deeper than just the manager. Having a director dictate the style of football we play is absolutely absurd. It makes it easier for other teams to prepare against us, and makes it more difficult for our manager to prepare effectively for games.

Players go in to training and games knowing both of these things, but do their best. It's the equivalent of opening a TGI Friday's, having a group of 30 kids in all asking for burgers, you've got a load of burgers in the fridge, but the directors tell you that you have to serve them prawn risotto because that's the new philosophy of the business. Prawn risotto is the biggest seller in Barcelona, they can't get enough of it, so just shove it down the Mancunian children's throats if need be.

halfcenturyup said:
If he has any of Toure, Dzeko or Nasri in the matchday squad at the weekend I will assume the whole management team are on some kind of wind-up.

On the other hand, maybe modern man management techniques include telling players in the press that they aren't pulling their weight and will be sold in the summer.

Which would be ludicrous, of course, coming from the most succesful football executuve ever.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:

So don't shut the door on the way out for the following;
Yaya
Kolarov
Dzeko
Nasri

Install 'Frank' into the team (after all the fuss about him staying, he's been a constant bench warmer FFS!) ..... Then everything in the garden looks much rosier?

Don't disagree at all, only adding both Nasri and Navas to the door avoiding group though ....... that's 6 potentially leaving!

Then the rebuilding of the Champions and team spirit can begin?

The Bony signing effectively told Jovetic and Dzeko they were gone. One of them might remain, but they'd still know they 3rd in the pecking order, so little motivation to stay.

Not Bony's fault though, and we may well prove to be a great buy (emphasis on the word 'may'), but that's two unhappy players in the camp.
Yaya can't possibly be uniting the team - his work rate is just a recipe for disaster, and means others are having to do extra. That's going to upset at least one other midfielder and some of the defence.

Then you've got Mangala.... at his price, I'm sure we expected to be playing games. He can't be happy not playing.

Then there's Milner.... another player insistent on getting games.

That's before I get started on Nasri....

It doesn't feel like a team anymore. You can see it on the pitch when players are arguing with each other. It's not flat out arguing, but you can see the gestures and blaming each other.

Unrest in the camp? I expect so.

Oh and sod it.... I think when we are losing, we need to stop appearing in the press giving interviews about how United are angry, and how FFP is unfair. We know all this, and don't really need telling. We need out players focussed on winning, not being in the press.
I'll get a load of grief for that, but we need to say it on the pitch. Talk is cheap.

Mister Appointment said:
Damocles said:
Marvin said:
We can assume that Soriano and Txiki are responsible for the press reports that Pellegrini is safe for now, but what does Khaldoon think?

I can understand the rationale of that, but Pellegrini has been so bad these last few months, that 12 months of drift would surely be preferable to 12 months of continued downward spiral. No-one makes him keep picking Ya Ya in a 4-4-2 with Silva shunted out to his least effective position on the left flank to accommodate him (Ya Ya), no-one makes him keep picking Dzeko up front, when he can't run or press to save his life, no-one keeps making him pick the wrong full backs for the wrong games, no-one keeps making him persist with a futile outswinging corner regime, no-one keeps making him have no defensive cover for his centre halves, no-one keeps making him start games with formations as ill suited to the players selected as you could possibly get, no-one keeps making him make baffling substitutions, no-one keeps making him not take into account how the opposition plays, no-one made him bring in an overseas reserve keeper which meant him then having to disappoint and demotivate one of his outfield players (and one who cost £22m at that), and ultimately it is his responsibility to motivate and organise his squad.
You will be aware that I have broadly supported him for most of his time at City, but the bald facts are that we've won just 4 of the last 15 games, have one of the worst shots against to goals conceded ratios in the entire football league, and have a team containing poisonous elements who have downed tools. To reward the chief protagonist of that divisive element with the 2nd half captaincy on Sunday, before then claiming that he'd played well and worked hard, was evidence of a man who's lost the plot to an unprecedented degree. Given the resources at his disposal, I'd go as far as to state that Pellegrini's performance since Christmas has been as inept as anything seen at City since Frank Clark in his heyday, and it genuinely dismays me to have to say that

NQCitizen said:

The difference between now and two years ago is that the players are two years older and two trophies heavier. The same hunger isn't there for whatever reasons. Sad but true.

Lets be honest, if we got out and sign players like Sterling, Debruyne, Pogba, etc it won't really matter who chose them, I'd say any manager coming in would be delighted to have them as opposed to say Nasri, Milner, and Toure. But it's definitely the one thing which needs to be gotten right. More so than the managerial situation. Who Begiristain manages to bring to the club in terms of players will dictate his immediate future.

Who says anything is unworkable? All I said was that City won't sack Pellegrini if they can't get one of their top 3 managerial targets this summer. It may well be that they've already got the guy they want, Pellegrini already knows he's out the door this summer, but because everyone involved currently has games and points to play for it makes little sense saying anything either publicly or privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.