Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also remember that as much as we'd all like to scrap the season off and just start a fresh next, we still have to get, realistically, 3rd. Fuck 4th place and a qualifier. Telling half the squad and the manager they're surplus no matter what and we'll be in 5th before you know it.

The Senior Execs in Abu Dhabi (Shiekh & Khaldoon) have sympathy with Pellegrini. They think he has been badly let down by players and signings made by Txiki this season.

Me personally - as much as I like the guy am having my reservations. I can't see him turning things around and he is getting tactically shown up. Like with Mancini - if Plan A doesn't work - fuck knows what Plan B is.

I would like him to see the season out and select he players he trusts to do it - I'd even go 4231 - with Fernando and Dinho sitting in front of the back 4 and staying in our half with Silva, Navas, Aguero behind Bony

But who knows - I can't manage football teams

get us to the end of the season - secure top 4 and I will say thank you and good luck in the future.

crystal_mais said:
The Senior Execs in Abu Dhabi (Shiekh & Khaldoon) have sympathy with Pellegrini. They think he has been badly let down by players and signings made by Txiki this season.

Me personally - as much as I like the guy am having my reservations. I can't see him turning things around and he is getting tactically shown up. Like with Mancini - if Plan A doesn't work - fuck knows what Plan B is.

I would like him to see the season out and select he players he trusts to do it - I'd even go 4231 - with Fernando and Dinho sitting in front of the back 4 and staying in our half with Silva, Navas, Aguero behind Bony

But who knows - I can't manage football teams

get us to the end of the season - secure top 4 and I will say thank you and good luck in the future.

I'd go with that, only I'd insert Milner rather than Navas. I wouldn't let Toure near the first team for the rest of the season that's for sure

We all know Pelle wont drop anyone. Might even start both Dzeko/Yaya against WHU. Nasri from bench probably.

Of course brief the press about them being main deadwoods and the ones will be sold well not a very good idea before we need them to perform very well if they are picked and they will be picked for sure.

Some people on here need to look at the problem..
It's not Pellegrini...

It's all down to Yaya Toure..

We had this coming since the disgrace in the summer with his contract...

We had it with tevez.... Ballotelli...

It's because he is paid a ransom per week and he can't put a full 90 mins in..
He's lazy... Can't track back.. Has a turning circle defensively like a tugboat..

He causes the defensive problem full stop.

Fernandino is covering 2 positions..
The defence is totally open once they pass dinho...

Sell him and I bet we are not as bad as everyone is claiming...

We lost the derby for the above reasons..

Remember Pellers has managed real...

He's decent.. We have been restricted with FFP..

Come sun night... It'll be a lot better ;)

Damanino said:
We all know Pelle wont drop anyone. Might even start both Dzeko/Yaya against WHU. Nasri from bench probably.

Of course brief the press about them being main deadwoods and the ones will be sold well not a very good idea before we need them to perform very well if they are picked and they will be picked for sure.

Sure I read somewhere that Yaya has to start all games if fit? part of his bonus structure

neilmcnab said:
It's not Pellegrini...

He's lazy... Can't track back.. Has a turning circle defensively like a tugboat..

All Toure's fault? Our form and results must have been wonderful while he was away at the AFCON then.

I'm not saying he's playing well but trying to pin all of our problems on him is a bit daft. Perhaps if he wasn't played in a central midfield 2 that he doesn't have the legs for, we might see better from him. Perhaps not but I'd give it a try.

neilmcnab said:
It's not Pellegrini...

If he's being lazy and defensively vulnerable which he has been in large parts of this season then the manager should have noticed and benched him or rearranged the team to cover this issue. But no MP continues to play like we did last year.

It's not only him though.. Nando has let us down. He was supposed to be a strong CDM, something similar to Matic and he's been nothing near the quality for a starting player.

neilmcnab said:
It's not Pellegrini...

Cant blame yaya toure for not replacing him. He has been irreplaceable for years, the main contributor to our success. We haven't replaced him, our fault not his. Its harsh making him the scapegoat for this season. If anything, it should make us appreciate what a fantastic player he has been for city, regardless of this seasons form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.