Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
80s Shorts said:
Mister Appointment said:
Damocles said:
Considering they all had a board meeting together yesterday and wouldn't leak this stuff off of their own backs, Khaldoon and the Sheikh obviously think the same.

To be honest, I get the impression whatever disappointment may well exist with regards Pellegrini and his hand in our underperformance, there is absolute outright fury at the levels of commitment shown by certain players. They will without doubt be fucked off whereas a decision about Pellegrini will be much more considered and will be taken with one eye on who they can replace him with and when.

Everyone keeps looking at this from one angle - Pellegrini's gotta go. However it's worth looking at it from the club's point of view. You've got a shortlist of three candidates who you feel are the best people to succeed Pellegrini - but for whatever reason all three of them aren't prepared to come this summer. But, one of them (or all of them) is prepared to sign up for summer of 2016 now. Do you then sack Pellegrini for 12 months of drift? No you don't, and no the club won't.

It's going to come down to whether one of the three they want, they get. If they don't, there won't be a change this summer.

I really wish you would stop this faux itk rubbish that has been prevalent throughout your posts since you changed your username.

I mean you state the bleeding obvious and then try and dress it up as inside info.

It's tiresome, boring and says much about what you think about the members of this forum.

Funny how Mr A was able to tell me something via PM well before (I mean a few days) it became common knowledge.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
crystal_mais said:
The Senior Execs in Abu Dhabi (Shiekh & Khaldoon) have sympathy with Pellegrini. They think he has been badly let down by players and signings made by Txiki this season.

Me personally - as much as I like the guy am having my reservations. I can't see him turning things around and he is getting tactically shown up. Like with Mancini - if Plan A doesn't work - fuck knows what Plan B is.

I would like him to see the season out and select he players he trusts to do it - I'd even go 4231 - with Fernando and Dinho sitting in front of the back 4 and staying in our half with Silva, Navas, Aguero behind Bony

But who knows - I can't manage football teams

get us to the end of the season - secure top 4 and I will say thank you and good luck in the future.

I'd go with that, only I'd insert Milner rather than Navas. I wouldn't let Toure near the first team for the rest of the season that's for sure

Not too worried whether it is JM or JN but I'd go with it too.

Yaya is in disgrace, it pains me to say.

I have never believed the Yaya has to play cos it is in his contract but, insane as it would be, you have to wonder.

BlueAnorak said:
Manchester_lalala said:
BlueAnorak said:
If he's safe I don't think I'll renew. He really has done my head in this season.
* 4-4-2 regardless of the opposition.
* The 60 min sub.
* Continually pissing around with the defence.
* The high defensive line when we don't have the midfield to support it.
* Continually banging his head against the wall with the same formation & tactics.
* Continually picking players who let him down again and again.
* counter attacking that is so slow it is almost glacial.

Nope. I come a long way to watch City and I really haven't enjoyed many games this season. He is more to blame than the players.

I don't want to start an arguement here, but how long have you had a season ticket for? We've had plenty of shit seasons in the past, one disappointing this and that's it?

This is coming from a non season ticket holder here, I've got other commitments and live a 300 mile round trip from the etihad. On the waiting list though and will be there for all our league games next season. I'm just curios to why people are turning there backs on city with very promising times ahead.

25 years out of the last 40. Not from 1983-1987,1993-1999 and 2002-2007 as I was working abroad on all occasions.
I really haven't enjoyed this season at all and frankly as Pellers does my head in I'd prefer to be with my grandchildren and spend the money on them.

Fair play to you mate. Much as I love our club there are far more important things in life.

Regarding season ticket renewals (or not)....

Of course there have been many worse seasons than this one, but

1) The economy is still not good for many fans, and things are tight
2) As City fans, we've been spending a lot more than we're used to spending.... CL, Cup runs, Trips to Wembley, maybe even some trips to Europe.
3) The prices are going up, and have been doing... slowly but surely.

Quite a few fans are feeling the strain... it's inevitable that on any price increase, there are going to be a certain number of fans who are on the borderline of affordability. Normally, those fans end up going the extra mile for yet another season, knowing full well it's more than they can really afford.

After a season end like this one, those right on the borderline are going to find it harder to justify 'going the extra mile' for next season's ticket.
I doubt the club will suffer. There will be another person in line to buy the ticket, but it's a shame when fans finally have to call halt to season tickets.

I'm living in cloud cuckoo land, but really, it would at least be a nice gesture from the club if they announced a freeze at last year's prices.... purely in light of the poor end to the season. It won't happen, but it would go some way to acknowledging the disappointment of the fans.

BlueAnorak said:
If he's safe I don't think I'll renew. He really has done my head in this season.
* The 60 min sub.
* Continually banging his head against the wall with the same formation & tactics.

Nope. I come a long way to watch City and I really haven't enjoyed many games this season. He is more to blame than the players.
I don't blame you .
I pay match by match and I have been to 20 City games this season .
And to be honest its done my head in has well .
He doesn't have a Scooby doo Manuel Pellergrini .
I`m also on that waiting list for season tickets next season .
If they asked if I want a season ticket now it would NO .

baildon blue said:
BlueAnorak said:
* The 60 min sub.

I don't blame you .
Whatever happens between now and the end of the season one things for sure, the summer is going to see some huge changes to our squad. I've already wrote this year off but I'm excited for next season. I can't wait to see what happens and who we bring in.

baildon blue said:
BlueAnorak said:
* The 60 min sub.

I don't blame you .

I'll still renew but I don't think I'll be organising everything around the fixtures like I have been.

Not renewing because of cost is fair enough but not renewing because of this bad run of form is laughable. Go and support the rags!

ManCityX said:
Not renewing because of cost is fair enough but not renewing because of this bad run of form is laughable. Go and support the rags!
What an absolute crass comment aimed at a really loyal Blue, you should be ashamed of yourself and apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.