Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaelumstash said:
Danielmanc said:
BobKowalski said:
Priceless. One of my fave posts of all time. It just works on so many levels. Grandiose. Pompous. Complete lack of self awareness. It gets a Bob's thumbs up.

It's a master class in lack of self awareness. Also, we all know that these terrible people that he is talking about is simply anyone that doesn't fall into line and agree with him. It's arrogance on a Didsburyesque level.

I wouldn't take them too seriously mate. It's the same 3 or 4 posters who didn't rate Mancini as who actually think Pellegrini is a competent manager. They've called him "Olympic standard" "world class" a "proper manager" amongst other things. And they're standing by it. It's clearly another wind up, no football fans are that incompetent in real life. Fool me once shame on you.... you know the rest.

Edit: Oh, and one of them is now taking to saying Pep isn't a top manager. I heard a stat today, it was something like so far in his career he's competed for 22 trophies and won 17 of them. But PelliKeegan is obviously a better man for the job! ;-)

Give it a rest will you

I like Pellegrini, most City fans do but it has become patently obvious this season he doesn't cut the mustard for a team with City's aspirations. He's like an affable school teacher that the cocky, self entitled and gifted students are taking the piss out of (Toure, Nasri, Dzecko are the main culprits). Toure played well from what I saw today and I'm not blaming Pellegrini, he had no input on that decision but why was he given a 5 year contract at the age of 28 or 29, he's playing now in almost semi retirement mode, the same goes for the other two. What City need imo is a stern manager who certain players fear taking the piss out of. It may sound overly simplistic but on analysis I think it rings true.

We lack movement when we have the ball and defensively we have no discernible shape or system. We have 2 or 3 players half heartedly pressing while the others are dotted around the pitch to no great purpose, leaving lots of space between the midfield and defence. If you're going to play a high defensive line, you need to press effectively, yet we don't (nor have we bought players that suit that system).

It's just a disorganised mess that Pellegrini seems unable to sort out.

I am waving the white flag as far as defending Pellegrini managing City is concerned (the players shouldn't get an easy ride either) . He is a well respected manager and has managed under much worse circumstances than he finds him currently at and he will not be a short of a job once he does go.

Ray78 said:
I am waving the white flag as far as defending Pellegrini managing City is concerned. He is a well respected manager and has managed under much difficult circumstances and he will not be a short of a job once he does go.
He needs to go as well as a few of the jokers out there today.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
We lack movement when we have the ball and defensively we have no discernible shape or system. We have 2 or 3 players half heartedly pressing while the others are dotted around the pitch to no great purpose, leaving lots of space between the midfield and defence. If you're going to play a high defensive line, you need to press effectively, yet we don't (nor have we bought players that suit that system).

A lot of the players we already had didn't suit that system either. The incomings however are as much Txiki's fault as Pellegrini's, if not moreso.

The problem with Pellegrini's preferred tactics is that we probably need to score 100+ goals in any season to make up for the defensive nonsense and have a chance of winning the title. It's a bumpy and entertaining ride when we achieve it but if the strikers' form dries up or injuries take their toll it stands a very good chance of failing.

super_city_si said:
Ray78 said:
I am waving the white flag as far as defending Pellegrini managing City is concerned. He is a well respected manager and has managed under much difficult circumstances and he will not be a short of a job once he does go.
He needs to go as well as a few of the jokers out there today.

I genuinely agree on it.

lancs blue said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:

A lot of the players we already had didn't suit that system either. The incomings however are as much Txiki's fault as Pellegrini's, if not moreso.

The problem with Pellegrini's preferred tactics is that we probably need to score 100+ goals in any season to make up for the defensive nonsense and have a chance of winning the title. It's a bumpy and entertaining ride when we achieve it but if the strikers' form dries up or injuries take their toll it stands a very good chance of failing.
I think a lot of our failings are not having the players who have the energy to press for 90 minutes. Last few games, we started with a high tempo and pressed effectively and looked great but then we hit the 15 minute mark and the lethargy sets in and we look shit as we allow the opposition time and space on the ball.
A big off season ahead.

KnaresboroughBlue said:

This is a very good post. Tactically we look a shambles... honestly, it's such primitive stuff and is stunning coming from such a well respected coach in charge of a group of veterans who at this stage of their careers should be very smart (like Mourinho's Inter were when they won with the CL with brains, tactics and sheer willpower). You have to wonder if the players are not responding or if Pellegrini really is as clueless as it seems. We have never looked more like a group of individuals. Nobodies like Sean Dyche are showing a better tactical awareness and we are prey for any good team. Luckily we have avoided any good teams since United but I worry about next week. We really need a new coach, even Benitez would get us functioning as an orderly unit again, even if it's not the most exciting idea.

Khaldoon won't have been thrilled with today's performance, and the year as a whole so far. Pellegrini spends far too much time in his seat, possibly having a nap along with Ruben. It doesn't seem like he tinkers with things in the game and communicates with the players frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.