Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exeter Blue I am here said:
sam-caddick said:
I think tactically Manuel had got it badly wrong at times this season, but I do feel a certain level of sympathy towards him.

Watching his teams in Spain I don't think we have the correct personnel to play the way Manuel wants us to play, for a start we don't have much energy in the team to play a high intense press and we don't have that really top notch player other than Sergio who is great in 1 v 1 situations.

Two reasons why I think he will stay are firstly the recruitment, we will bring in players to play the way Manuel really wants us to play, and secondly because of the Pep dream.

I just think from Txiki's point of view as well that maybe a big overhaul of players along with a new manager and coaching team may just be too much change at one time.

I will be dismayed if he stays, and not having the ideal players for his preferred system is a poor excuse. There's a simple answer; adapt. And if it's energy we lack then don't pick Ya Ya, Lampard and Fernando, whilst Fernandinho and Milner warm the bench. I honestly can't believe some of the stuff I've seen since Christmas. There seems to be no discernible game plan either offensively or defensively. If the plan is to keep the faith for another year, whilst waiting on a 'maybe' from Guardiola, then heaven fucking help us

I agree Exeter. I believe that all fans have been prepared to cut him a lot of slack after the triumph of last season. However when we have been witnessing on a weekly basis a failure to adapt, then that leeway diminishes very quickly.

There are so many reasons why Pellers has to go.

If you don't have the players to play your preferred system, then change it. If Yaya is not producing the goods then don't make him captain! If other teams have worked us out then figure out a way to counter them and thereby surprise them. Don't go down a path with blind faith in a formation that is outdated.

If our defence is shaky then study the tapes and work out why it's happening! If we aren't scoring from set pieces, or even looked vaguely threatening, then work on the training pitch and display the variations in a game. None of this seems to be happening.

Rather than reward indifferent performances with constant rotation, reward players that are putting in the effort. In other words don't drop Fernandinho when he is one of our few players that has been giving 100%!

Also show the fans that you support an holistic approach by having young players on the bench. Give them some hope that they can make it. Even if it's when we are 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go, put on a young player to give them experience.

As I said I am sure all of us wanted MP to succeed and see out his contract. In fact I have no doubt that our leadership were not expecting to have to deal with any of this. Nevertheless this is a business, and a business decision must be made in the best long term interests of the club.

I can't see any another viable decision than organising a dignified exit for MP.

jollylescott said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
sam-caddick said:
I think tactically Manuel had got it badly wrong at times this season, but I do feel a certain level of sympathy towards him.

Watching his teams in Spain I don't think we have the correct personnel to play the way Manuel wants us to play, for a start we don't have much energy in the team to play a high intense press and we don't have that really top notch player other than Sergio who is great in 1 v 1 situations.

Two reasons why I think he will stay are firstly the recruitment, we will bring in players to play the way Manuel really wants us to play, and secondly because of the Pep dream.

I just think from Txiki's point of view as well that maybe a big overhaul of players along with a new manager and coaching team may just be too much change at one time.

I will be dismayed if he stays, and not having the ideal players for his preferred system is a poor excuse. There's a simple answer; adapt. And if it's energy we lack then don't pick Ya Ya, Lampard and Fernando, whilst Fernandinho and Milner warm the bench. I honestly can't believe some of the stuff I've seen since Christmas. There seems to be no discernible game plan either offensively or defensively. If the plan is to keep the faith for another year, whilst waiting on a 'maybe' from Guardiola, then heaven fucking help us

I agree Exeter. I believe that all fans have been prepared to cut him a lot of slack after the triumph of last season. However when we have been witnessing on a weekly basis a failure to adapt, then that leeway diminishes very quickly.

There are so many reasons why Pellers has to go.

If you don't have the players to play your preferred system, then change it. If Yaya is not producing the goods then don't make him captain! If other teams have worked us out then figure out a way to counter them and thereby surprise them. Don't go down a path with blind faith in a formation that is outdated.

If our defence is shaky then study the tapes and work out why it's happening! If we aren't scoring from set pieces, or even looked vaguely threatening, then work on the training pitch and display the variations in a game. None of this seems to be happening.

Rather than reward indifferent performances with constant rotation, reward players that are putting in the effort. In other words don't drop Fernandinho when he is one of our few players that has been giving 100%!

Also show the fans that you support an holistic approach by having young players on the bench. Give them some hope that they can make it. Even if it's when we are 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go, put on a young player to give them experience.

As I said I am sure all of us wanted MP to succeed and see out his contract. In fact I have no doubt that our leadership were not expecting to have to deal with any of this. Nevertheless this is a business, and a business decision must be made in the best long term interests of the club.

I can't see any another viable decision than organising a dignified exit for MP.

Yup, agree with every word

At least Manuel spent most of the match stood up yesterday - that's super active for him and a vast improvement on the Burnley match where he sat on his arse for 80 of the 90 minutes

Fair fucks to Manuel that he actually managed to make 2 subs before the 60th minute yesterday, now that's progress.

Rammy Blue said:
Fair fucks to Manuel that he actually managed to make 2 subs before the 60th minute yesterday, now that's progress.

I agree with you. If he continues to show progress at this rate he'll be picking the right players and playing the right formation at the start of matches by some time in 2020.

Danielmanc said:
At least Manuel spent most of the match stood up yesterday - that's super active for him and a vast improvement on the Burnley match where he sat on his arse for 80 of the 90 minutes
TT sits on his arse the whole game, and it doesn't appear to affect that shower of shite.

jollylescott said:

As I said the other day, looks to me like MP already knows his race is run and that this season will be his last at City. A little more worryingly, it would seem that some of the players, knowing this, are getting their flip flops on too.

Thankfully I think we can still end the season finishing 3rd or even 2nd. However moving into the summer, Txiki will have to act decisively as there is a lot of work to be done on the playing squad, and it will need to be done with one eye on what the new manager's requirements will be.

sam-caddick said:

I think you're right. I can't see them ripping up their long term plan on the back of a few months poor football which fingers crossed still leaves us with CL football. As you mentioned I don't even know if it would be possible to change so much by next season. We probably know all our targets for the next window will they throw it out of the window and start again at this stage. Klopp is a popular choice but being realistic we have hardly any players who could play his way so it would be a huge upheaval of players in and out. In the real world I don't think it's doable.

Danielmanc said:

Cousillas up and giving someone shit towards the end too. Looked odd to see one of our coaching staff acting so passionate and animated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.