Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
If he stays it'll certainly separate the men from the boys amongst our supporters. Way too many mard arses have had their fannies out all season.

I would find it quite amusing.

They're here. One by one they are crawling out from under their rocks. I get the feeling their fannies get a little wet whenever I post something judging by the predictability with which they come running to throw rocks at Pellegrini.

Maybe I should tell 'em to fuck off and support Chelsea cuz they're a cancer on the club. :)

As usual all about you. Tedious.

robbieh said:
sam-caddick said:
I think it's inevitable he stays.

We can't change 7 or 8 players and go ahead and start building a new squad and at the same time change the manager and his coaching team as well, it would be too unstable.

Pellegrini seems to have the backing of the dressing room and Zaba and Hart have pretty much confirmed this in recent weeks.

For as bad as Pellegrini has got his tactics wrong in the big games this season a lot of blame still has to go on the players, most have just not turned up this season and look like they have run their course at City.

It may be that we don't need to change 7 players. 3 quality ones would do the job.

As for having the dressing room. Sure they like him. He's nicer to work with than his predecessor. But that doesn't mean he's a great manager and I am sure the owners know the difference.

Kolarov, Jovetic, Dzeko, Nasri, Yaya, Sagna, Fernando, Milner, Lampard, Boyata, Sinclair and Richards are nailed on not to be here next season in my opinion mate.

sam-caddick said:
robbieh said:
sam-caddick said:
I think it's inevitable he stays.

We can't change 7 or 8 players and go ahead and start building a new squad and at the same time change the manager and his coaching team as well, it would be too unstable.

Pellegrini seems to have the backing of the dressing room and Zaba and Hart have pretty much confirmed this in recent weeks.

For as bad as Pellegrini has got his tactics wrong in the big games this season a lot of blame still has to go on the players, most have just not turned up this season and look like they have run their course at City.

It may be that we don't need to change 7 players. 3 quality ones would do the job.

As for having the dressing room. Sure they like him. He's nicer to work with than his predecessor. But that doesn't mean he's a great manager and I am sure the owners know the difference.

Kolarov, Jovetic, Dzeko, Nasri, Yaya, Sagna, Fernando, Milner, Lampard, Boyata, Sinclair and Richards are nailed on not to be here next season in my opinion mate.

It depends on who the manager is. Sagna is a perfectly serviceable bench warmer. Milner is so useful he should stay and most managers would give him more game time than MP does. Are we really going to sell Fernando after an admittedly poor first season? Any incoming manager would be loathe to let Yaya go. He's 31 not 35 like Lampard and Gerrard and used judiciously could still win us plenty of games. Nasri is a decent footballer if motivated.

I think it would be fair to let Edin go, he needs games which he won't get with us. So that's Edin, Jovetic, who I would like to stay but his injuries sway it, Kolarov, Lampard, Sinclair, Boyata and Richards. Two of these are on loan anyway, Boyata might as well be.

It's debatable whether we needed Lampard. So 3 new first teamers for me. First choice LB, with Clichy dropping to bench. Sterling instead of Jovetic. Pogba or Koke and then a young striker who will learn his trade from the bench to replace Dzeko.

Mister Appointment said:
OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
If he stays it'll certainly separate the men from the boys amongst our supporters. Way too many mard arses have had their fannies out all season.

They're here. One by one they are crawling out from under their rocks. I get the feeling their fannies get a little wet whenever I post something judging by the predictability with which they come running to throw rocks at Pellegrini.

Maybe I should tell 'em to fuck off and support Chelsea cuz they're a cancer on the club. :)

Shame you need to resort to this sort of stuff again

He will still be here at the start of next season. The major changes will come in the squad.

Time to say thank you and goodbye to Yaya while he still has value (FFP means we need to sell players as well as Chelsea have done recently). If good offers come in for Nasri (doesn't have the temperament to be a big game player), Jovetic (too injury prone?), Dzeko (poor season but never seemed 100% fit except for vs. Newcastle at home), and Kolarov (his recently signed contract will be a stumbling block) then I can see at least 3 of those 5 leaving.

As long as we sign smartly in the summer then we will be successful next season under Pellegrini.

Mister Appointment said:
OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

Rag

LHarper said:
He will still be here at the start of next season. The major changes will come in the squad.

Time to say thank you and goodbye to Yaya while he still has value (FFP means we need to sell players as well as Chelsea have done recently). If good offers come in for Nasri (doesn't have the temperament to be a big game player), Jovetic (too injury prone?), Dzeko (poor season but never seemed 100% fit except for vs. Newcastle at home), and Kolarov (his recently signed contract will be a stumbling block) then I can see at least 3 of those 5 leaving.

As long as we sign smartly in the summer then we will be successful next season under Pellegrini.

That's what I think too. The Klopp announcement has got everybody speculating but surely if we sack a manager who won the double last season for one poor season (or more accurately didn't defend the title particularly well when some of his most important players haven't shown up) no half decent candidate would want to come to us. I think Pellegrini should be able to complete his contract, with some players more suited to his style.

bumbleblue said:
LHarper said:

That's what I think too. The Klopp announcement has got everybody speculating but surely if we sack a manager who won the double last season for one poor season (or more accurately didn't defend the title particularly well when some of his most important players haven't shown up) no half decent candidate would want to come to us. I think Pellegrini should be able to complete his contract, with some players more suited to his style.
Hasn't hurt chelsea..
Besides if you're going to allow MP to purchase players with the clear objective that he will be replaced right after next year then you are limiting options for a new manager who may want to rebuild a squad himself. Better to get a top manager who is available now and let them rebuild.

Of course half-decent managers would come to us if we sacked Pellegrini. Sacking managers for a year of major underachieving is standard practice at most big clubs around the world. Bayern, the model of how to run a football club (apparently), have been through 6 or so managers in the timespan we've had Hughes, Mancini and Pellegrini.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
bumbleblue said:
LHarper said:

Hasn't hurt chelsea..
Besides if you're going to allow MP to purchase players with the clear objective that he will be replaced right after next year then you are limiting options for a new manager who may want to rebuild a squad himself. Better to get a top manager who is available now and let them rebuild.

I know what you are saying , but Jose was a returning hero, and we have no equivalent. The building in terms of the squad is , I think, being led by Txiki B , not the manager . The DoF system is supposed to lead to constancy, rather than rebuild with every manager. I just can't believe there isn't a plan in place...perhaps I am just a naive happy clapper, who doesn't see Armageddon , because we are second (having been sabotaged by some of our players, done by some of our officials, and vilified in the press,) and despite that our unfairly demonised manager, has kept us second and been totally professional - He has done an exceptional job and I don't think ANY manager would have done better with this squad performing as it has ( and god knows what has gone on within the team ...it seems obvious, something has) this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.