Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anybody else has mentioned this before, but aside from all the other comments about Pellegrini, and why he has to go I would Like to add he following. In 2 seasons, Pellegrini and his team/tactics has never won a league game at Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool away. That's 6 big away games where he has never found a way to outfox tactically astute managers. On paper we all know we have the stronger team and squad than those three but not one win from 6?
I think we were blinded by the barnstorming individual performances of Aguero, Negredo and Yaya last season which got us over the line in the league and just about in the league cup final. But as soon as inferior teams found how to nullify us, we have nearly always struggled. Even Pellegrini's big wins at home to Liverpool last year and Bayern this year were slightly fortunate and decided by individual brilliance rather than collective excellence borne on the training ground. I feel strongly that our double win last year was mainly due to lack of genuine competition (Chelsea with no strikers, Arsenal being flaky Arsenal) and underpinned by our excellent individuals delivering their swansong.
We have nothing to lose by asking Viera to come in, to rescue Yaya from his nightmare and play him behind Aguero, with Milner and Fernandinho protecting behind. Silva Aguero and Navas/Nasri in a front 3. Why has Pellegrini never tried this, not even once ???

robbieh said:
I was trying to think if there were any players on the staff who could do a temporary job and the only name that sprang out to me was

Lampard.

I know he has no managerial experience but is hugely respected in the game and I reckon he'd do a better job than Yaya or Vincent. He has played under some of the best managers in world football, Pellegrini notwithstanding.

Again, if PV is not the choice, I would rather take a punt on Frank than leave the dead man walking in position.

Not the worst idea in the world!

He might want his Uncle Harry to help though..........

I think he will stay until the end of the season.
The problem with putting PV in for the last 6 games is we could end up in a stuart pearce situation again where he comes in, does really well and then had to be given the job.

If PV came in now and won the last 6 games, how much shit would the club get if they then brought in Sabella or whoever for next season?

crystal_mais said:
Unfortunately he has been badly let down by this group of players. I like the guy but feel he will not be able to motivate this lot to get the results needed to finish the season.

Teams do not fear us and unfortunately he hasn't been able to make the necessary changes before or during games to make the difference.

Lets thank him and let him go. The problem is "Who?" - I don't think PV will take the gig without assurances for the long term

That's one of the reasons why the board haven't sacked Pellegrini sooner.

Mister Appointment said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Mister Appointment said:
I don't think he'll get another year.

My fears have been eased in the last hour. City know what they need to replace MP with and they're doing their level best to get their guy.

You don't think they'll give Vieira a crack for a season? At Barcelona they promoted Guardiola from within and I think that perhaps they might try the same here.

Nah PV might be the guy to see out the season IF today's meetings go a certain way. But for the moment City are probably more focussed on making sure they land either target one or two this summer.

I fucking hope so anyway.

Based on this it could be an interesting next 24 to 48 hours.

You have to laugh at how pathetically we have unravelled as a team over the past few months, just shows you how fucking dire the dressing room is.

Can the powers that be buy pride, endeavour and some bollocks instead of buying multi millionaire shit houses who couldn't really give two fucks about the club or its fans.

Or shall we just throw another £150 million at it and hope it works?

We need a tyrant as a manager, dare i say it a Ferguson or a Mourinho.

117 M34 said:
The problem with putting PV in for the last 6 games is we could end up in a stuart pearce situation again where he comes in, does really well and then had to be given the job.

If PV came in now and won the last 6 games, how much shit would the club get if they then brought in Sabella or whoever for next season?

Er, Sabella maybe, but if it was for Ancelotti or Guardiola then they wouldn't get any grief at all. And anyway, it would be a nice problem to have, i'd welcome it tbh

Sack him now and let Patrick take over till the summer, things can't get much worse and will give paddy some valuable top level experience

117 M34 said:

It really wouldn't be the same as Pearce!!!

Back then we were a mid-table premier league club at very best, with little if no money. Pearce caretaking and doing it successfully was a dream come true for the City board at the time. A ready made (or so they thought) manager, young, cheap, it ticked all the boxes.

Despite our current form, were still that club aspiring to be one of the best in Europe in every way, shape and form. Asking Vieira to look after the team wouldn't harm him or us, as I'm confident the club would let Vieira know, in no uncertain terms that he is earmarked for big things at the club, but this is a 6 game stint, regardless of good or bad results. As for the club getting shit if we overlooked him!? We'd deal with it, after all we've had plenty of the brown stuff thrown at us before.

Danielmanc said:
"The only way to explain our run is that we don't have the results. We lost many points, not only in this game which was a very difficult one, but in others too"

No shit Manuel !

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kqyev46qyI&spfreload=10[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.