Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and I do. Unfortunately, far too many people get too precious when you say anything remotely negative about Saint David. I had hoped that Dave might actually be able to take on Yaya's role but there's been no real sign he can.

I think the main reason people get precious when it comes to Silva lies in the fact that if he plays well, we play well. When his form drops (or he's out injured) we inevitably turn to shit.

Obviously there will be a post-Silva City, but writing him off after a few bad games is ridiculous.

Defo. I just got sidetracked. I think Pellegrini needs to drop one of Silva or KDB away from home and in bigger games and play with pace on both wings.

The balance in the first five games of the season was key to our success in those games IMO.

Huge call though on who to drop. On form currently it's not a huge call but you see what I'm saying.

I agree with this. The popular version is that we need to drop Yaya or or Delph in away games. I think he need Sterling and Navas either side of KDB or Silva, with Aguero up top. Both brilliant players, but we're a more balanced team with Navas and Sterling on the wings.

I agree and I do. Unfortunately, far too many people get too precious when you say anything remotely negative about Saint David. I had hoped that Dave might actually be able to take on Yaya's role but there's been no real sign he can.
I don't think people are being precious regarding Silva, they just disagree with the narrative being spun that arguably are best ever player is on the wane, rather than our manager not being able to grasp that he's not getting the best out of this player, for reasons that seem to be beyond his comprehension.

Silva aside, they commented on the behind the scenes shit that Mancini was causing, got told bollox it isnt like that and ultimately got proved right.

Pellegrini is a world class manager, his record shows that and is amongst an elite. You dont get to manage the clubs he has and win the things he has if not.
It's really not the point but in the same way as "world class" player denoting someone on the fringe of a squad being selected for an intergalactic tournament. I'd say there are only 3 or 4 world class managers by definition and Peller's isn't one bud.

Still convinced Silva long term will be used at the apex of a midfield three, short term and long term it's Yaya and Fernandinho, Fernando that need replacing, bar Fernandinho the whole midfield needs re shaping.Fernandinho has one more season in him imo.

To say Silva needs dropping is preposterous.

Silva behind KDB, Sergio and Raheem is the future, 2 competitive mobile DM's and two new fullbacks and we are good to go

I don't think people are being precious regarding Silva, they just disagree with the narrative being spun that arguably are best ever player is on the wane, rather than our manager not being able to grasp that he's not getting the best out of this player, for reasons that seem to be beyond his comprehension.

People have been consistently precious about Silva, or at least since they cottoned on to how good he is. I happen to be one of those people who was immensely excited when we bought him because I had seen enough of him playing for Valencia to appreciate his value. Oh, and I don't think he is on the wane but I long ago tired of seeing Yaya slagged for crimes that Saint David gets a free pass for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.