Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still convinced Silva long term will be used at the apex of a midfield three, short term and long term it's Yaya and Fernandinho, Fernando that need replacing, bar Fernandinho the whole midfield needs re shaping.Fernandinho has one more season in him imo.

To say Silva needs dropping is preposterous.

Silva behind KDB, Sergio and Raheem is the future, 2 competitive mobile DM's and two new fullbacks and we are good to go

None of those players should be guranteed starters in this current team imo. They should be played on merit, fitness & with regard to the best way to hurt the opposition. Same with Yaya Fern etc.

If that means DeBruyne & Silva on the bench & Sterling Navas starting on some occasions because Yaya plays, or Yaya Sterling Navas dropped & both Ferns plus Delph play to balance KDB & Silva starting, then that's what should happen imo.

I don't see Silva DeBruyne & Yaya in the same team as being City's strongest unless all 3 are fit as a butcher's dog at the time & can work about 30% harder than their current condition. Balance.

In a Pep system, I can see Silva in a different role. But all the current players could do different stuff in a Pep team.

But right now we need the strongest team with this system, to hurt whatever oppo we play & I don't think we are hardly ever seeing that. Shoehorning in our best players together is actually making them weaknesses rather than strengths imo.

I'm at a loss for how some of you on here tread & talk about pellegrini. 'Senile' this, 'old ****' that 'we won the league despite him'. After what he's done for us in his short time here. It's abhorrent and would be better suited on RagCafe.
Show some respect. He's not exactly Pearce is he?
He was brought in to stabilise things, to bring some much needed class into the league & to play beautiful football and win. Much of which he has done, and done well.
I'm not here to say he's infallible, he has made some mistakes, gambled and lost but that's what all managers do and will continue to do, and at the end of the day if Aguero is missing sitters or de bruyne can't pass 2 yards, or the defenders fuck about that's not his fault and we'd do well to remember that it's up to the players to deliver. As much as we want him to, spells isn't going to nod it in from a corner himself.
Now sure you can respond with 'well it's up to the manager to change things on the pitch' or 'he should motivate them' but when pellegrini does make the changes, still the abuse rains down on him, like against Watford, he got no credit for turning that game around, but he did.
But I will concede that in regards to motivation, I don't know how well he's doing. There are no reports of arguments, the team seem United, no-one ignores him & all seems calm, it's a weird one.

Think what you want about pellegrini, people have different opinions, and again he does have his weak points. but the bile & the hatred from some of us on here is pathetic and ridiculous and is not befitting of the slow service we get from the outsourced burger vans, let alone our manager.
Why don't we take a leaf out of his book and have some class about it instead of calling him every variation of 'daft old twat' we can think of? I think he deserves that from us at least.

People have been consistently precious about Silva, or at least since they cottoned on to how good he is. I happen to be one of those people who was immensely excited when we bought him because I had seen enough of him playing for Valencia to appreciate his value. Oh, and I don't think he is on the wane but I long ago tired of seeing Yaya slagged for crimes that Saint David gets a free pass for.
Haha! You're gonna try and make this 'Saint david' thing stick aren't you? Just because Yaya is being rightly called out for poor show after poor show the number nerd has to try and deflect. Oh to have been ahead of the curve like yourself and realised that Silva could play a bit at Valencia.

I'm at a loss for how some of you on here tread & talk about pellegrini. 'Senile' this, 'old ****' that 'we won the league despite him'. After what he's done for us in his short time here. It's abhorrent and would be better suited on RagCafe.
Show some respect. He's not exactly Pearce is he?
He was brought in to stabilise things, to bring some much needed class into the league & to play beautiful football and win. Much of which he has done, and done well.
I'm not here to say he's infallible, he has made some mistakes, gambled and lost but that's what all managers do and will continue to do, and at the end of the day if Aguero is missing sitters or de bruyne can't pass 2 yards, or the defenders fuck about that's not his fault and we'd do well to remember that it's up to the players to deliver. As much as we want him to, spells isn't going to nod it in from a corner himself.
Now sure you can respond with 'well it's up to the manager to change things on the pitch' or 'he should motivate them' but when pellegrini does make the changes, still the abuse rains down on him, like against Watford, he got no credit for turning that game around, but he did.
But I will concede that in regards to motivation, I don't know how well he's doing. There are no reports of arguments, the team seem United, no-one ignores him & all seems calm, it's a weird one.

Think what you want about pellegrini, people have different opinions, and again he does have his weak points. but the bile & the hatred from some of us on here is pathetic and ridiculous and is not befitting of the slow service we get from the outsourced burger vans, let alone our manager.
Why don't we take a leaf out of his book and have some class about it instead of calling him every variation of 'daft old twat' we can think of? I think he deserves that from us at least.

I like him but think he's treading water now & wish he'd gone.

But I'll still call him an old ****, even though I like him & will be singing the old ****'s name at the end of the season, even if we win fuck all.

Every year there are three trophies that we can feasibly win. For me the CL is not one of them. Too many teams better than us. However the domestic trophies well within our orbit.

At the moment Pellegrini has two from 6. For me everything depends on this year. A couple of trophies and his stay looks pretty good. But the LC looks in jeopardy after more shoddy defending, and no one would bet serious money on us winning the league, we should win it but our comedy defence makes any bold prediction foolhardy. The FA cup at this stage is a long way off.

A trophyless season and his tenure here will be viewed as extremely disappointing given the talent at his disposal. But it will be May until we can judge. At the moment what we are seeing is some very up and down performances, with especially poor outcomes against the better teams. That is why many see a trophyless season as a strong possibility. Others who view Pellegrini as a top coach see a more favourable future.

There is so much on here about our lazy players, and them having to take the blame instead of the manager. I can't believe that for some reason we have the laziest squad in the league. A good manager makes the sum of his parts, or more, and he simply isn't doing that at the moment. It is up to a manager to
Motivate the players - yes, we do have a few lazy players who need to be dropped, but as I said, we can't just have the laziest squad in football and they are to blame for all our woes rather than the manager.

I like pellegrini, but he has to make some big calls, and get more out of these players than he currently is. It's what happens in football - the buck stops with the manager.

I agree with this. The popular version is that we need to drop Yaya or or Delph in away games. I think he need Sterling and Navas either side of KDB or Silva, with Aguero up top. Both brilliant players, but we're a more balanced team with Navas and Sterling on the wings.
Agree. I can't believe I am wanting navas to start given how infuriating he has been at points this season, but is becoming more and more evident how important he is to us. He isn't as talented as an individual as our other forwards, certainly not in terms of final product, but we definitely need to start him at the moment.

Agree. I can't believe I am wanting navas to start given how infuriating he has been at points this season, but is becoming more and more evident how important he is to us. He isn't as talented as an individual as our other forwards, certainly not in terms of final product, but we definitely need to start him at the moment.
All the Prem teams look shattered at the moment and so it's a good time to be injecting the energy of Navas into the team. I'd also stick Nacho up front for exactly the same reason.

MP's substitutions have definitely got better. So my remaining significant criticism of him is the failure to rest and rotate. Now would be a good time to start, Manuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.