Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of those players should be guranteed starters in this current team imo. They should be played on merit, fitness & with regard to the best way to hurt the opposition. Same with Yaya Fern etc.

If that means DeBruyne & Silva on the bench & Sterling Navas starting on some occasions because Yaya plays, or Yaya Sterling Navas dropped & both Ferns plus Delph play to balance KDB & Silva starting, then that's what should happen imo.

I don't see Silva DeBruyne & Yaya in the same team as being City's strongest unless all 3 are fit as a butcher's dog at the time & can work about 30% harder than their current condition. Balance.

In a Pep system, I can see Silva in a different role. But all the current players could do different stuff in a Pep team.

But right now we need the strongest team with this system, to hurt whatever oppo we play & I don't think we are hardly ever seeing that. Shoehorning in our best players together is actually making them weaknesses rather than strengths imo.

I was talking when Pep comes mate especially about Silva, although for me the problem is Yaya and Silva playing together and not Silva and KDB under this manager.

Manuel is far far to loyal to Yaya certainly this term and the system that he plays.

Half out team looked fucked, Kev despite his strong start has somewhat wavered- he's used to putting his feet up in a winter break in Germany so he gets my applause for the amount of football he's played since landing.

As you have pointed out yourself mate he should have utilised some younger fresh players who would invigorate the team with young hungry fresh legs.

I think the vast majority on here can accept that Pep will get more out of this squad, a few of his own additions and for me we will be unstoppable.

Haha! You're gonna try and make this 'Saint david' thing stick aren't you? Just because Yaya is being rightly called out for poor show after poor show the number nerd has to try and deflect. Oh to have been ahead of the curve like yourself and realised that Silva could play a bit at Valencia.

Not trying to make anything stick.

Deflect what?

I'll make it simple for you, without any numbers to confuse you: Silva, Yaya, Kun and Colin Bell are the best players I have seen play for MCFC. Now take your digs elsewhere.

MP needs to get tough and drop the lazy ones no matter what they think their reputation is. And also drop the incompetent ones no matter what their price tags were.

MP needs to get tough and drop the lazy ones no matter what they think their reputation is. And also drop the incompetent ones no matter what their price tags were.

Who does that leave?

Hart, Aguero, Fernandinho and de Bruyne?

Never going to happen. MP just isn't that kind of manager, he does not have the balls to do and he presumably already knows that he is done at City and that Pep is coming, so he is just seeing out the rest of the season without rocking the boat too much.

There more I think about the whole thing the more I believe that the whole reason MP was brought in to be "caretaker" until Pep comes.

I was talking when Pep comes mate especially about Silva, although for me the problem is Yaya and Silva playing together and not Silva and KDB under this manager.

Manuel is far far to loyal to Yaya certainly this term and the system that he plays.

Half out team looked fucked, Kev despite his strong start has somewhat wavered- he's used to putting his feet up in a winter break in Germany so he gets my applause for the amount of football he's played since landing.

As you have pointed out yourself mate he should have utilised some younger fresh players who would invigorate the team with young hungry fresh legs.

I think the vast majority on here can accept that Pep will get more out of this squad, a few of his own additions and for me we will be unstoppable.

Yeah I understand you meant under Pep, I was agreeing with you ;)

I just mean that right now, none of our star men are really meriting being called stars, including Silva. Which particular blend is needed to get them playing the right way, I can only guess, but I'm pretty sure it isn't the current combinations. Not away from home anyhow. The lack of energy factor needs addressing, & if that means leaving out Yaya or KDB or Silva, whoever, it has to be done imo.
Something needs to change.

Not trying to make anything stick.

Deflect what?

I'll make it simple for you, without any numbers to confuse you: Silva, Yaya, Kun and Colin Bell are the best players I have seen play for MCFC. Now take your digs elsewhere.
I'll take my digs to whoever I feel deserves them - in this case it's you, who as it happens is the one making digs everytime you write that cringeworthy shite 'Saint David'
The deflection was clear in my original post, you seem to have a big problem with the stick Yaya has been getting and so use the 'Saint David' as a derogatory term in many of the posts involving the two.
Your numbers don't confuse me, they just hold very little interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.