Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Txiki & Soriano are wasting their time looking to Pep to take us to the next level. There's plenty on here who think they have sufficient nouse and coaching badges to be the next messiah in waiting.

There just seems to be an inherrent impatience with our new signings. Very few land running and very few fail to adapt.
Totally agree, the signs with Fernando were there in the last few games last year, which is why I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

I think any player should be showing good signs after 3 or 4 months, Fernando wasn't, but I'd not really factored his injury in to it all, like many others. I've never had a problem admitting I'm wrong about someone.

Me included, if I'm honest I'd have been happy had he been sold in the summer, so very pleased with his current form, he should have started on Wednesday for me.
I think fitness was his main problem last season and think there is a very decent holding midfielder in there. Personally in games against tougher opposition I'd be far happier to see Fernando in there next to Fernandinho than Yaya, it would be far more balanced. It's then a question of whether you play Yaya further forward or not at all. All irrelevant though because Yaya will always play when fit and I have a feeling that Fernando will never really get the opportunity to fully put right the opinion fans have of him based on last season.

I have a feeling that Fernando will never really get the opportunity to fully put right the opinion fans have of him based on last season.
As I said above, he's already done it for me, towards the end of last season, and so far this, he looks a good part of the squad, he won't play every week, but I think he'll be a huge bonus in the much slower CL for one thing.

Txiki & Soriano are wasting their time looking to Pep to take us to the next level. There's plenty on here who think they have sufficient nouse and coaching badges to be the next messiah in waiting.
Hate this kind of post. Do you honestly think when people criticise managers or players it is on the basis that they believe they can do better themselves, or do you just think nobody is in a position to criticise anyone about anything unless they can do better themselves? Either way, you'd be wrong.

If we replace Pellegrini with Guardiola, it will very quickly become clear why some have been excited at the prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.