Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love us to get Guardiola but I don't want to see Manuel go. He's been an absolute gent and credit where its due he's got us playing some of the best football in the league and created a squad (along with txiki) which I could see going far in europe. The reason for wanting Guardiola is that I see him as a manager that can take clubs to that elite level and I'm not saying that Manuel can't but I just feel its more likely under Guardiola.

The main reason for that is down to Pellegrini being a stubborn bastard. If he's actually going to start using tactics, like last night & at the swamp, it becomes a completely different matter.

Myself, I want a manager who will do that but also start making a serious effort to bring through young players. If Pellegrini will do that then fine. If he won't, I want someone else who will.

The main reason for that is down to Pellegrini being a stubborn bastard. If he's actually going to start using tactics, like last night & at the swamp, it becomes a completely different matter.

Myself, I want a manager who will do that but also start making a serious effort to bring through young players. If Pellegrini will do that then fine. If he won't, I want someone else who will.

Guardiola hasn't brought through players at Bayern like he did at Barca though, a couple on the fringes, like here, but nobody has really gotten into the first team picture. It's the same team he inherited plus signings from other clubs.

Guardiola hasn't brought through players at Bayern like he did at Barca though, a couple on the fringes, like here, but nobody has really gotten into the first team picture. It's the same team he inherited plus signings from other clubs.
Who did Guardiola bring through at Barça? Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Puyol were all already in the team.

Who did Guardiola bring through at Barça? Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and Puyol were all already in the team.

Thiago, Bojan, Busquets, Rafinha. Only really Busquets of that lot a first team success. He gets credit for developing Messi though as he coached him at youth level and Messi really began to deliver at senior level with Guardiola as manager. I'd say Pellegrini has probably brought through more but it's extremely difficult to do at top clubs.

Thiago, Bojan, Busquets, Rafinha. Only really Busquets of that lot a first team success. He gets credit for developing Messi though as he coached him at youth level and Messi really began to deliver at senior level with Guardiola as manager. I'd say Pellegrini has probably brought through more but it's extremely difficult to do at top clubs.

Pedro was a big success too.

He's got a 19 year old kid playing left side v Arsenal tonight. But I don't care what they've done previously, it's what they do next. I want our manager to make a big effort to bring through young players over the next few years. Whoever that may be.

The superficial dissing of our highly successful, hugely experienced and almost universally respected manager has reached new heights of tedium. Well done.

He's got a 19 year old kid playing left side v Arsenal tonight. But I don't care what they've done previously, it's what they do next. I want our manager to make a big effort to bring through young players over the next few years. Whoever that may be.

A 19 year old they signed from Juventus this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.