Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only problem with Pellegrini is when everyone is fit he puts Square pegs in Round holes..

Saying that though who would leave out Aguero Silva yaya or KDB if all fit?

Yaya, possibly KDB as well in the bigger games, play Fernando as the base of the midfield three with Fernandinho to his left and Silva to his right, Sterling and Navas on the wings and Aguero up front, Silva with license to break forward and support the attacks while Fernandinho beefs up our defensively weaker left hand side.

Yeah I forgot Yaya, but the point still stands, it was a Pellegrini team which won at Seville, & it was one of our best ever performances. There has always been that core of the team which was brought in during Mancini's tenure, Yaya of course, but Silva, Aguero even Nasri.

I remember Gary Neville stating only last season, how difficult it was going to be for City to rebuild as many of Mancini's team was coming to the end of their time at City.

Well we just effectively did that & had arguably our best player this season, DeBruyne, on the bench. The next City team will be a level above Mancini's.

As regards Mancini's place in our history though, I don't think an attack minded manager like Pellegrini could have turned City round. I thouight so at the time, but I don't now. I think he would have had the same problems Hughes had. We would have shipped goals all the time. The boring work Mancini did, was crucial to building the platform for our success imo. To have something to fall back on when the nerves kick in. But as soon as it was done, he'd reached his limit.

Pellegrini has no limits apart from his own stubbornness imo. If he really tries to take on other coaches tactically, with these players, he will beat most of them. It's his Chillean Brian Horton fetish which hol;ds him back, not ability.

But whatever he does with th first team, I want to see him start bringing the kids through properly. That's how the future of this club should be built imo, & we need a manager who is in sync with that as well as the first team. Mancini didn't give a fuck. Pellegrini so far, has paid little attention & done the minimum amount possible in that regard.

These are the decisions that the great managers are not afraid to make

And it will take big players being part of a big squad to support the descisions the manager makes, even if they won't always like it or agree with it. To get that sort of bond between players and a manager, results help a lot.

As regards Mancini's place in our history though, I don't think an attack minded manager like Pellegrini could have turned City round. I thouight so at the time, but I don't now. I think he would have had the same problems Hughes had. We would have shipped goals all the time. The boring work Mancini did, was crucial to building the platform for our success imo. To have something to fall back on when the nerves kick in. But as soon as it was done, he'd reached his limit.

Pellegrini's Villarreal and Malaga teams were built on defence first and foremost before he added the attacking style, just as Bobby did here. The only clubs Pellegrini went all out attacking with from the get go were Madrid and City, obviously because he thought both teams were capable of winning trophies doing so. I love Bobby for what he did for this club but MP could have done the same. Hughes was just a mid table manager well, well out of his depth.

But whatever he does with th first team, I want to see him start bringing the kids through properly.

We all do, it's difficult when our first team squad is at the level it's at though. If we can bring through 1 a year we'll be doing brilliantly.

Pellegrini's Villarreal and Malaga teams were built on defence first and foremost before he added the attacking style, just as Bobby did here. The only clubs Pellegrini went all out attacking with from the get go were Madrid and City, obviously because he thought both teams were capable of winning trophies doing so. I love Bobby for what he did for this club but MP could have done the same. Hughes was just a mid table manager well, well out of his depth.

I don't believe for one second that Pellegrini would have done that at City. It's taken him 3 years to put out a proper midfield in the Champs Lg.

He would have been sacked after 6 months imo.

He's at the club at the right time, as was Mancini.

We all do, it's difficult when our first team squad is at the level it's at though. If we can bring through 1 a year we'll be doing brilliantly.

I don't agree with that.

I think we could be using several right now & the squad would be stronger. Not every player has to be Aguero. Some can 'do a job' & most better than Kolarov did on Tues.

It's taken him 3 years to put out a proper midfield in the Champs Lg.

It's taken him 2 seasons to get the midfield he wanted together after shipping out Garcia and Rodwell and getting Fernandinho and Fernando both fit and in form. He's also had to inherit Yaya with all the problems that entails, problems he inherited from Mancini, who only once put out a proper midfield in the CL (Real Madrid away) in 2 seasons.

I don't agree with that.

I think we could be using several right now & the squad would be stronger. Not every player has to be Aguero. Some can 'do a job' & most better than Kolarov did on Tues.

You really think Angelino would have been more solid defensively than Kolarov?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.