Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you don't consider squad harmony important? You simply have to keep senior pros happy. Keep them fit.

Look at Bayern's subs last night, 3 multi million pound established internationals in a game easily over. Is Pep not arsed about youth? Or is he keeping his senior pro's happy? You vision on youth is so very basic and frankly based in fairy land. Had Bryan not played in the afternoon? George Evans will NEVER be good enough for City. Hopefully the kid will enjoy his loan and get a career in professional football. He never stood out in the EDS and the EDS was much poorer then. He like his team mates Cole and Hiuwala will end up in the lower levels of English football much like 98% of all clubs Achademy players.

Bryan wouldn't have played in the afternoon if he was in the first team squad would he !!?? Are you taking the piss ???

What absolute horeseshit. For a start, Pep preferred a 19 year old kid to Robben last night, so that gets shot down immediately. But Pep isn't our fucking manager, I don't give a shit what he does at Bayern anyway, that's their problem.

I have no idea where people like you have got this idea from, that it's so fucking impossible to play any kids. It flies against the whole history of football, pretty much everywhere, incuding the very match you are using as an example; Bayern v Arsenal.

Why don't you just admit you have no interest in it, & go & mither someone else ?

Stop wasting my time.

Bryan wouldn't have played in the afternoon if he was in the first team squad would he !!?? Are you taking the piss ???

What absolute horeseshit. For a start, Pep preferred a 19 year old kid to Robben last night, so that gets shot down immediately. But Pep isn't our fucking manager, I don't give a shit what he does at Bayern anyway, that's their problem.

I have no idea where people like you have got this idea from, that it's so fucking impossible to play any kids. It flies against the whole history of football, pretty much everywhere, incuding the very match you are using as an example; Bayern v Arsenal.

Why don't you just admit you have no interest in it, & go & mither someone else ?

Stop wasting my time.

Wow, you don't get it do you? "Whole history of football". You know football is totally different now don't you? I've got this "idea" from well football its self. As for Kingsley Conan, he is a recognised youth star, much like Sterling. We played a 20 year old rather than De Bruyne. If you're going to us a comparison to Bryan perhaps not use one that's played first team football for PSG and Juventus before signing for Bayern on loan. He's even played in a CL final. He's an exception much like Iheancho or Pogba. Certainly not a above average u19's player.

You say I know nothing, look how much better Iheanacho was at EDS level. We played Schalke a few years back, they had a kid with an Afro, he was miles ahead of anyone on the pitch, miles better than Barker, Bryan et al. He's the level you need to be at. Watch him, Leroy Sane. He was stand out. He's the level that makes it.

I personally think Bryan playing 90 minutes(normally) at his own level in the youth champions league is better than 5 minutes for the first team. Seems the club agree.

As I say, you seem to take no consideration of squad moral, player freshness. Player values. (They are an asset after all) You only have a your own vision, apparently anyone disagreeing doesn't know what they are talking about.

Well, there's plenty of folk at City much more knowledgable than you or I that disagree with you.

Yaya, possibly KDB as well in the bigger games, play Fernando as the base of the midfield three with Fernandinho to his left and Silva to his right, Sterling and Navas on the wings and Aguero up front, Silva with license to break forward and support the attacks while Fernandinho beefs up our defensively weaker left hand side.

Yeah that'd be what I'd do we do need the balance on both wings Sliva KDB and yaya have 1 spot to fill for me Sliva edges it.

There we go again 'compromised'. If Kolarov was an 18 year old academy player, he wouldn't get another game this season, but because he's older, he can fuck up as much as he likes.

Yes compromised. Pretty sure that's the word Khaldoon used in relation to playing young kids.

This argument is going down the same road as a couple of others - whereby posters like yourselves are totally losing sight of the single biggest factor in all of this - the will of the owners.

I assume Demichelis is more likely to kick someone who he thought needed kicking, if it came down to it, and is a better header of the ball with lots of crossing coming in.

Would a young player be willing to get sent off in his first match? I'm not convinced.

How many does it take ?

I'm gathering that your complete lack of interest & ignorance on the subject, includes the failure to realise that Denayer was out injured ?

Stop wasting my time.

Don't worry I will, it's obvious you get very annoyed when people don't share your opinion. Lots of expletives and derision of my opinions.

I disagree with you, those who are employed by one of the best run clubs in the World disagree with you, and yet I voice my opinion, and it's wasting your time?

I'll agree I haven't seen all of Denayer's games, I know he was left out in favour of experience for the Fenerbahçe game.

Kolarov hasn't been left out of any of our games. You don't like him, that much is clear. Still, proves my underlying point, you don't know what you're talking about.

Ignoring yours and my opinion of Kolarov's ability, we obviously differ, that's a discussion.
What is not a discussion. Txiki is our director of football, Pellegrini is our first team manager. Throughout the season their job consists of.

1. Results & performances. They both feel that Kolarov is best placed to help obtain our goals. (This is subjective).
2. Squad harmony. They both feel that keeping senior players fit and happy is important.(subjective too). Contributes to point 1.
3. Asset management. Kolarov is a seasoned international with over 3 years left on his contract. He needs to managed as such. Your suggestions devalue said asset greatly. This is terrible for the club. (This is not subjective).

Like it or not, footballers are assets and football is a business. If the club don't feel someone like Lopes is good enough, it would be detrimental to everyone involved if the best deal wasn't taken.

Your point would have some validity, if we weren't playing young players. The fact that you think Barker is better or more deserving of a place in the team than Garcia is totally irrelevant. You are a fan much like me. Your posts and inability to take anything on board prove you allow your emotions to influence your arguements. I would be much the same.

But Pellegrini, Txiki et Al aren't running on emotions, they take absolutely everything into account. We as fans chose to support City and hope that the club knows what it's doing. In the past the club has been a joke, I now personally trust the club.

Not particularly relevant here. A very good mate of mine used to be one of the youth physio's at City circa summer 07. He's a rag by the way, not a shit one though. He did his coaching badges in Chicago, at Chicago Fire at the time of Stoichkov. I tell you this to highlight him not being an utter clown. He'd heard of Sturridge, said he was liked at City, but told us Ish Miller was the big star, all clubs around Europe were sniffing around him. He'd just scored a hatrick for England u20's I think. Granted they're what 18 months apart, but at the time Miller was 19, so Sturridge was in and around the same teams.
My point, it shows how different senior and development football is.

Humility and hunger - and also that there are no gifts at City. Khaldoon said in his post season interview last summer that the first team would not be compromised to blood youngsters. I presuming that that applies to all competitions and Pellegrini is aware of that hence his choosing strong sides for the league cup.

That's the root of this discussion about young players. If the ownership were happy to blood young players at the risk of compromising a competition they'd say so to the manager and he'd in turn pick teams accordingly.

If you are 3 0 up to say Newcastle after 70 mins how are you compromising the competition? I am not one for just throwing kids at the team but if we have them on the bench they must be deemed capable, there is a big difference giving the most promising youngster 20 - 30 mins in a game that is won or doing what wenger did and playing a youth team in all league cup ties

Playing one youth player against a Sheffield Wednesday in the league cup or bringing one on in a premier league game already won ain't compromising anything, the youth player must have shown signs he is ready though, you don't do it for the sake of it

We must either be stifling youth at present or they aren't up to scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.