Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I forgot Yaya, but the point still stands, it was a Pellegrini team which won at Seville, & it was one of our best ever performances. There has always been that core of the team which was brought in during Mancini's tenure, Yaya of course, but Silva, Aguero even Nasri.

I remember Gary Neville stating only last season, how difficult it was going to be for City to rebuild as many of Mancini's team was coming to the end of their time at City.

Well we just effectively did that & had arguably our best player this season, DeBruyne, on the bench. The next City team will be a level above Mancini's.

As regards Mancini's place in our history though, I don't think an attack minded manager like Pellegrini could have turned City round. I thouight so at the time, but I don't now. I think he would have had the same problems Hughes had. We would have shipped goals all the time. The boring work Mancini did, was crucial to building the platform for our success imo. To have something to fall back on when the nerves kick in. But as soon as it was done, he'd reached his limit.

Pellegrini has no limits apart from his own stubbornness imo. If he really tries to take on other coaches tactically, with these players, he will beat most of them. It's his Chillean Brian Horton fetish which hol;ds him back, not ability.

But whatever he does with th first team, I want to see him start bringing the kids through properly. That's how the future of this club should be built imo, & we need a manager who is in sync with that as well as the first team. Mancini didn't give a fuck. Pellegrini so far, has paid little attention & done the minimum amount possible in that regard.

Cracking post, but I do empathise with any manager running our club when it comes to the kids. No matter how good they are at EDS level, it has to be difficult to try and shoehorn them into a team of top class superstars in any game that has true meaning (especially when your remit is to win trophies).

Its going to be interesting to see how integrating the kids is done over the next few years, because we have some potential worldies in the youth setup. Great time to be a blue :)

It's taken him 2 seasons to get the midfield he wanted together after shipping out Garcia and Rodwell and getting Fernandinho and Fernando both fit and in form. He's also had to inherit Yaya with all the problems that entails, problems he inherited from Mancini, who only once put out a proper midfield in the CL (Real Madrid away) in 2 seasons.

Mancini was fucking useless in the Champions League. But mosfor Pellegrini to watch that & still start Yaya in a two, just proves my point imo. He would have come out all guns blazing & finished 5th. Mancini was the right man for the job at the right time, & now we have Pellegrini instead, thank fuck.

You really think Angelino would have been more solid defensively than Kolarov?

No. But I think Denayer & Lopes would be better in their positions, than Kolarov was at left back. He plays every week & drops bollocks every week. Otamendi has dropped plenty too. If experienced players are allowed to make mistakes so should young players be.

I think the young players who are deemed to have potential should be used in the league and fa cups and certain league games when we are looking comfortable, only one or two on the pitch at a time no point throwing loads of kids in at once and getting knocked out of the cup as that's self defeating, what pisses me off though is having them on the bench and even if we are 3 0 nil up bringing them on with a couple of minutes to go. What can you possibly learn from this?

What can you possibly learn from this?

Humility and hunger - and also that there are no gifts at City. Khaldoon said in his post season interview last summer that the first team would not be compromised to blood youngsters. I presuming that that applies to all competitions and Pellegrini is aware of that hence his choosing strong sides for the league cup.

That's the root of this discussion about young players. If the ownership were happy to blood young players at the risk of compromising a competition they'd say so to the manager and he'd in turn pick teams accordingly.

I think the young players who are deemed to have potential should be used in the league and fa cups and certain league games when we are looking comfortable, only one or two on the pitch at a time no point throwing loads of kids in at once and getting knocked out of the cup as that's self defeating, what pisses me off though is having them on the bench and even if we are 3 0 nil up bringing them on with a couple of minutes to go. What can you possibly learn from this?

A simple example of what I'm talking about, iswas evident from Tuesday. We have Clichy & Mangala on the bench as well as DeBruyne & Delph. Delph comes on, & we also bring on a 97 ytear old centre back, to shore up the midfield.

That is so 'safe' it's beyond ridiculous. That should be Kean Bryan or George Evans. And iot shouldn't be a worry to use them, as both should nopw have had plenty of experience doing the same in cup games etc & been previously coached & analysed till their eyeballs fall out, after their previous cameo appearences, by Pellegrini & Vieira, so they are in no doubt what the job entails & the discipline required.

We can't trust either of those two for 5 mins, but we can trust Kolarov for 95.

No. But I think Denayer & Lopes would be better in their positions, than Kolarov was at left back. He plays every week & drops bollocks every week. Otamendi has dropped plenty too. If experienced players are allowed to make mistakes so should young players be.

Laughable really. Lopes has played just once for Monaco, Denayer hasn't faired much better at Galatasaray, yet you believe they'd be better for the squad than Kolarov? Come off it. Played every minute when available, scored and assisted too. Was our best player in the first month, till Kompany's injury really. People are quick to get on Kolarov's case, he's been our first choice left back for pretty much 5 seasons now. Again much like your desperation for Barker, those much better qualified to judge 100% disagree with you.

Your hardon for youth is admirable, but has to be youth good enough. Your point about dropped bollocks is the point you are missing. A dropped bollock to a senior pro, is simply water off a ducks back. Look at Joe Saturday. A dropped bollock in such a competitive team for a kid, especially a defender can ruin their top flight career. Look at Boyata, bossed Drogba in his first real test, a few games later, sees red against Arsenal, never recovered.

Take Wenger at Arsenal, he gives youth a chance all the time. They win nothing and guess why? Their team mentality is shite. We can only compare ourselves to domestic competition and the competitiveness of the PL makes it near impossible to blood youth. Fuck me, Ferguson, the most arrogant and self confident manager of English football history was too worried about losing to us he binned off youth.

United were giving chances to youth last season out of desperation, struggled to 4th and seemed to have pretty much destroyed McNair, Blackett and Wilson.

As I say, I admire your devotion to youth, but they have to be good enough, see Garcia and Iheanacho for examples of youth getting a chance. Youth good enough in the eyes of the club. Maffeo doesn't look far behind.

We could play more and win nothing, somehow I don't think that is the plan.

Humility and hunger - and also that there are no gifts at City. Khaldoon said in his post season interview last summer that the first team would not be compromised to blood youngsters. I presuming that that applies to all competitions and Pellegrini is aware of that hence his choosing strong sides for the league cup.

That's the root of this discussion about young players. If the ownership were happy to blood young players at the risk of compromising a competition they'd say so to the manager and he'd in turn pick teams accordingly.

There we go again 'compromised'. If Kolarov was an 18 year old academy player, he wouldn't get another game this season, but because he's older, he can fuck up as much as he likes.

Laughable really. Lopes has played just once for Monaco, Denayer hasn't faired much better at Galatasaray, yet you believe they'd be better for the squad than Kolarov? Come off it. Played every minute when available, scored and assisted too. Was our best player in the first month, till Kompany's injury really. People are quick to get on Kolarov's case, he's been our first choice left back for pretty much 5 seasons now. Again much like your desperation for Barker, those much better qualified to judge 100% disagree with you.

Your hardon for youth is admirable, but has to be youth good enough. Your point about dropped bollocks is the point you are missing. A dropped bollock to a senior pro, is simply water off a ducks back. Look at Joe Saturday. A dropped bollock in such a competitive team for a kid, especially a defender can ruin their top flight career. Look at Boyata, bossed Drogba in his first real test, a few games later, sees red against Arsenal, never recovered.

Take Wenger at Arsenal, he gives youth a chance all the time. They win nothing and guess why? Their team mentality is shite. We can only compare ourselves to domestic competition and the competitiveness of the PL makes it near impossible to blood youth. Fuck me, Ferguson, the most arrogant and self confident manager of English football history was too worried about losing to us he binned off youth.

United were giving chances to youth last season out of desperation, struggled to 4th and seemed to have pretty much destroyed McNair, Blackett and Wilson.

As I say, I admire your devotion to youth, but they have to be good enough, see Garcia and Iheanacho for examples of youth getting a chance. Youth good enough in the eyes of the club. Maffeo doesn't look far behind.

We could play more and win nothing, somehow I don't think that is the plan.

Denayer has been fucking exceptional for Galatasaray. At least bother to give a slight interest on the subject rather than just waffling cliches..

A simple example of what I'm talking about, iswas evident from Tuesday. We have Clichy & Mangala on the bench as well as DeBruyne & Delph. Delph comes on, & we also bring on a 97 ytear old centre back, to shore up the midfield.

That is so 'safe' it's beyond ridiculous. That should be Kean Bryan or George Evans. And iot shouldn't be a worry to use them, as both should nopw have had plenty of experience doing the same in cup games etc & been previously coached & analysed till their eyeballs fall out, after their previous cameo appearences, by Pellegrini & Vieira, so they are in no doubt what the job entails & the discipline required.

We can't trust either of those two for 5 mins, but we can trust Kolarov for 95.

So you don't consider squad harmony important? You simply have to keep senior pros happy. Keep them fit.

Look at Bayern's subs last night, 3 multi million pound established internationals in a game easily over. Is Pep not arsed about youth? Or is he keeping his senior pro's happy? You vision on youth is so very basic and frankly based in fairy land. Had Bryan not played in the afternoon? George Evans will NEVER be good enough for City. Hopefully the kid will enjoy his loan and get a career in professional football. He never stood out in the EDS and the EDS was much poorer then. He like his team mates Cole and Hiuwala will end up in the lower levels of English football much like 98% of all clubs Achademy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.