Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denayer has been fucking exceptional for Galatasaray. At least bother to give a slight interest on the subject rather than just waffling cliches..
I'm pleased to hear that Denayer is doing well in Turkey, not so well on Tuesday though when he was subbed during the defeat by Benfica . He's been injured too, just 4 league appearances so far I think. There were fears he was not good enough in the air for a CB and short of pace as a RB so it's good if he's disproving those doubts.

No. But I think Denayer & Lopes would be better in their positions, than Kolarov was at left back. He plays every week & drops bollocks every week. Otamendi has dropped plenty too. If experienced players are allowed to make mistakes so should young players be.

But would Denayer and Lopes be better than Otamendi/Mangala and De Bruyne/Sterling? Because if they're not I don't see your point.

Mancini was fucking useless in the Champions League. But mosfor Pellegrini to watch that & still start Yaya in a two, just proves my point imo. He would have come out all guns blazing & finished 5th. Mancini was the right man for the job at the right time, & now we have Pellegrini instead, thank fuck.

Maybe he wouldn't if he's had the funds available to Mancini in the Summers of 2010 and 2011 to build his own squad. That's my point, either way it's speculative at best.
However Mancini and Pellegrini both being leagues ahead of Clueless as a manager is plain fact.

If you are 3 0 up to say Newcastle after 70 mins how are you compromising the competition? I am not one for just throwing kids at the team but if we have them on the bench they must be deemed capable, there is a big difference giving the most promising youngster 20 - 30 mins in a game that is won or doing what wenger did and playing a youth team in all league cup ties

Playing one youth player against a Sheffield Wednesday in the league cup or bringing one on in a premier league game already won ain't compromising anything, the youth player must have shown signs he is ready though, you don't do it for the sake of it

We must either be stifling youth at present or they aren't up to scratch

Why does it have to be one or the other? Surely it's equally likely that there's a crop of young players the club feel all have the potential to one day play in the first team, but currently aren't good enough. That doesn't mean they'll never be good enough, just not right now. In that scenario, where you believe a kid will one day be good enough but isn't quite there yet, there's nothing wrong with letting them taste the first team by giving them a few minutes at the end of a match or having them on the bench.

I'm also a little bit at a loss as to why this discussion is even taking place. It's not like we're struggling in some department and there's obviously kids being overlooked. Quite the opposite - Pellegrini and the rest of the technical staff have placed a tremendous amount of faith in Kelechi because they believe he's good enough.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Surely it's equally likely that there's a crop of young players the club feel all have the potential to one day play in the first team, but currently aren't good enough. That doesn't mean they'll never be good enough, just not right now. In that scenario, where you believe a kid will one day be good enough but isn't quite there yet, there's nothing wrong with letting them taste the first team by giving them a few minutes at the end of a match or having them on the bench.

I'm also a little bit at a loss as to why this discussion is even taking place. It's not like we're struggling in some department and there's obviously kids being overlooked. Quite the opposite - Pellegrini and the rest of the technical staff have placed a tremendous amount of faith in Kelechi because they believe he's good enough.

Taste of the first team, what absolute cliched tosh, so giving them 3 minutes is good for them but say 20 would be utter madness? I get it now, well done

Oh almost forgot kelechi should have played much more this season they certainly haven't shown incredible faith,nearly every supporter on here has been exited about him for ages, more nonsense I'm afraid

Taste of the first team, what absolute cliched tosh, so giving them 3 minutes is good for them but say 20 would be utter madness? I get it now, well done

Yes giving a kid who you think isn't good enough yet to play at first team level 20 minutes in a match, even one your winning comfortably, isn't the brightest of ideas. I realise that a lot of people think that players are in fact robots with no human feelings, but they are very human. The younger they are the more human they are and the more likely they are to be negatively effected by a poor 20 minute showing in a game that's already won. Makes far more sense as I say to give them that little taste without exposing them to something which could end up being counterproductive to their long term development.

I'm not sure why you find this such an incredulous point of view. Especially when it's clearly the point of view of the professionals who are actually charged with making these decisions, and the owners who employ the people who they believe will make decisions based on what is best for both the well being of a single player and also the well being of the team as a whole.

I don't see what any of this has to do with Pellegrini. Txiki provides a squad for Manuel to use,either buying players or providing academy products Manuel uses that squad to get the best first team results. If Txiki thought the young players where ready he would sell some of the older squad, if he thought the younger players should be playing and not out on loan he would keep them here and push for them to be included.
It comes down to the DOF believing that the best way to progress the young players is either on loan or playing regularly in the EDS /U19, rather than the odd 10 minutes in the capital one cup.
Pellegrini's only responsibility is to win games.

Yes giving a kid who you think isn't good enough yet to play at first team level 20 minutes in a match, even one your winning comfortably, isn't the brightest of ideas. I realise that a lot of people think that players are in fact robots with no human feelings, but they are very human. The younger they are the more human they are and the more likely they are to be negatively effected by a poor 20 minute showing in a game that's already won. Makes far more sense as I say to give them that little taste without exposing them to something which could end up being counterproductive to their long term development.

I'm not sure why you find this such an incredulous point of view. Especially when it's clearly the point of view of the professionals who are actually charged with making these decisions, and the owners who employ the people who they believe will make decisions based on what is best for both the well being of a single player and also the well being of the team as a whole.

Ah the desperation argument that the manager and owners know what they are doing so shouldn't be questioned, when did this light bulb moment happen for you?, my guess was about 2 seasons ago, was it a bump to the head?

Well kelechi got a couple of minutes to start this season so I guess he wasn't good enough, now he is playing more, he improved very quickly, maybe it was that taste of the bench that did it, who'd of thought first team sitting posture could help your all round game

Oh almost forgot kelechi should have played much more this season they certainly haven't shown incredible faith,nearly every supporter on here has been exited about him for ages, more nonsense I'm afraid

They sold Negredo, Dzeko, and Jovetic over a six month period and replaced the three of them with Bony and Kelechi. How does that not show an incredible amount of faith in the kid?

In terms of him having played "much more" this season, i'm not entirely sure where and when these matches are in which he should've played but didn't, but considering we're top of the league, top of our CL group, and in both cups, it's not exactly a disaster if his game time has been a bit more limited than some know nowt would've liked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.