Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't waste your time mate, he knows, he'll just never publicly admit it.

One manager took us from 10th to 1st in 2 years, the other took us from 2nd, to 1st, back to 2nd again. It's really not even a comparison.

This why your post was probably best as a PM Damo. Cretins like this one are still stuck in the summer of 2013 whilst tr world outside has moved on.

Agree we win the league this season 99% of fans will be happy with him staying me included..

I think this will be a watershed season for him. Can see us doing very well in the CL and feel we can trouble even the top 3 sides in it. If we beat one of them then maybe we'll see a better reflection of MP's talent both in the media and amongst the voices online.

I think the man is impossible to dislike. Everything about him screams calm and collected with a smattering of class.
We're lucky to have him at this juncture in our progress and if he's to make way for Pep at the end of this year, great. If he's to stay on, great.

Whatever happens we're in good hands for the foreseeable future.

Just to add some stats-based weight to that, Pellegreni's record in Champions League away games is pretty bloody impressive. These away games, so we are told, are the most challenging from a tactical perspective.

Looking at the 8 Champions League group games we have played away from home since Pelle has been at the helm, here is a little table comparing results with top European sides and Arsenal & Chelsea:

Real W6 D2 L0 Points 20
City W6 D1 L1 Points 19
Bayern W6 D0 L2 Points 18
Atletico W4 D3 L1 Points 15
Barce W4 D2 L2 Points 14
Chelsea W4 D2 L2 Points 14
Arsenal W4 D1 L3 Points 13

Just need to extend this to R16 onwards and sort the home form and he is on the verge of cracking it :)

We've had far harder groups than any of those cunts as well.

I wouldn't waste your time mate, he knows, he'll just never publicly admit it.

One manager took us from 10th to 1st in 2 years, the other took us from 2nd, to 1st, back to 2nd again. It's really not even a comparison.

I was actually just poking fun at him a bit with my tongue in cheek. Not really worth getting upset about.

I think the man is impossible to dislike. Everything about him screams calm and collected with a smattering of class.
We're lucky to have him at this juncture in our progress and if he's to make way for Pep at the end of this year, great. If he's to stay on, great.

Whatever happens we're in good hands for the foreseeable future.
I agree with that. With all the shit that the media through at us and the obviously negative slant that pundits have clearly been instructed to put on what they say, I think its very shrewd and a touch of class to have a manager who remains above it all, does nothing to fan the flames or promote anything negative and is just steady eddie. The circus that follows Maureen and the pantomime press conferences of Dutch Tony would not be a positive thing at our club. He just goes about his business, which is good

I agree with that. With all the shit that the media through at us and the obviously negative slant that pundits have clearly been instructed to put on what they say, I think its very shrewd and a touch of class to have a manager who remains above it all, does nothing to fan the flames or promote anything negative and is just steady eddie. The circus that follows Maureen and the pantomime press conferences of Dutch Tony would not be a positive thing at our club. He just goes about his business, which is good
The fact that the media try and knock him because he gives them fuck all in the way of controversy is good enough for me.
We've had our 'Circus' years - know it's time to let the football do the talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.