Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea about to lose at home to Bournemouth, they have amassed 15 measly points, and we think we're in the shit!

oh god, we're going to get Mourinho arent we.

I know but it renders the win % a bit meaningless as a point in Pellegrini's favour when it's quite possible numerous other managers could have achieved the same if not better.

Ah come on mate. He HAS achieved that so why pretend other wise in a desperate attempt to claim him as some sort of fraud and idiot as some are doing and that isnt aimed at you btw.

He is gone and finished but the question is when?

i still think he will go nowhere until the summer when hopefully Pep will arrive.

When you say he, I assume you mean Txiki?

Manuel has plenty of input into the signings. Three examples that have been well documented, Pelle wanted Navas and Isco when he arrived, we signed one and nearly the other.

This season Txiki wanted to offload Mangala on loan and Pelle stop that from proceeding.

It's now a team built in his own image. Take away the star players and it looked dull and average.

The strength of our squad is perhaps a bit overestimated but is a lot better than Pellegrini is getting out of it and is as good as any in this league.

I wouldn't disagree, and maybe the difference in opinions is based on interpretation of "squad". Yes I do believe we have the best squad in the league, but I also feel that several of our squad players would not displace many first team players (particularly so for the top clubs in the league), so when we lose the spine of our team and have to draft in several squad players, IMO were not necessarily stronger han the team were playing (assuming they have their first team out).

My interpretation of having as strong squad is that in drafting several in, we do not have a fall off in overall team quality, and frankly, I think we are seeing that drop off.

Ah come on mate. He HAS achieved that so why pretend other wise in a desperate attempt to claim him as some sort of fraud and idiot as some are doing and that isnt aimed at you btw.

I have no intention of calling him a fraud or an idiot (though I think he makes some idiotic decisions). Yes, he has achieved a 67% win rate but personally I think it should be higher given the resources at his disposal. He doesn't make the team better or even equal to the sum of its parts and it is for that reason I think he should be replaced, though I doubt we'll make any change before the season's over.

We lost Denayer because we went out and bought Otamendi. Who has turned out to be a great signing

The trouble is Mangala and Kompany got injured, and Demichelis who was intended as cover is ending up playing. I would not play him.

I fear Pellegrini is extremely stubborn and will just keep playing Demichelis and wont look at alternatives

The situation is not so bad to warrant change of manager. We will win the league if the injured players return, and have a great chance of going to Wembley again. Plus there's the Champions League. t the start of the season, pellegrini was in everyone's good books. What's gone wrong is that we have not responded to the injuries well. That is in part Pellegrini's fault because he's used players he should not have done, but in part it's just bad luck, or bad training, or having players on the books who are weak (if there is such a thing, I don't think there is)

Mangala is dogshit, did you see him v Hull in the week, he's two seconds behind play in his head, rubbish signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.