Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea's woes this season give me no comfort for some our shameful performances this season.

Its likely if we did a swap of managers now both sides would improve their lot but nothing is guaranteed as it would if Pep started tomorrow.

In saying that I am sure history will show we made a mistake not replacing MP over the summer.

Just how a big a one will depend on the players pride and desire to stay in the race for a top four position until seasons end.

The fact Leicester are three points above us indicates how ordinary the premiership is at present and how ordinary a side we have become.

A confusing element of football that; if all players stay the same but you swap managers, things probably would improve for both sides. odd. psychology and sport....

I'll pass judgment after we replace Bony with an able forward. Pellegrini has delivered most of the time when fielding a team without passengers. We were a bit frustrated with him when Dzeko hit a rough patch too, but the days when we had our pick of great strikers Pellegrini was rarely out of place. So I vote no for now.

He played very well at the start of the season when we weren't conceding and then was dropped when Otamendi came. Hasn't been the same player since but I can see some potential in him. I think he and Kompany work very well together but he's now very much 3rd choice when everyone is fit.
The whole defence is constantly under pressure because there's a huge hole in the middle of our midfield for teams to run into. I'm not convinced our defenders are that poor, tbh.

Its like hes playing Football Manager and hes downloaded a tactic.

"4-2-2-2 attacking, lots of goals"

And after 2 years hes still using it.

Its also weird how a centreback by trade can set up a team so devoid of any defensive cohesion.

Chelsea about to lose at home to Bournemouth, they have amassed 15 measly points, and we think we're in the shit!

oh god, we're going to get Mourinho arent we.

So fucking what about Chelsea. I couldn't give a fuck how they do.

He played very well at the start of the season when we weren't conceding and then was dropped when Otamendi came. Hasn't been the same player since but I can see some potential in him. I think he and Kompany work very well together but he's now very much 3rd choice when everyone is fit.

Another reason why we should promote the younger players who are one position players and recruit players adept at more than one position.

We still have along way to go in bringing in the right mix of skill , quality and work rate.

Whether the manager likes it or not we have to bring in players with the ability to work hard off the ball as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.