Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't disagree, and maybe the difference in opinions is based on interpretation of "squad". Yes I do believe we have the best squad in the league, but I also feel that several of our squad players would not displace many first team players (particularly so for the top clubs in the league), so when we lose the spine of our team and have to draft in several squad players, IMO were not necessarily stronger han the team were playing (assuming they have their first team out).

My interpretation of having as strong squad is that in drafting several in, we do not have a fall off in overall team quality, and frankly, I think we are seeing that drop off.

I would agree to a large degree but even looking at the starting 11s today, I wouldn't have swapped ours for theirs, yet they completely outclassed us.

Chelsea about to lose at home to Bournemouth, they have amassed 15 measly points, and we think we're in the shit!

oh god, we're going to get Mourinho arent we.

Ha, ha, ha. Thing is, if Mou came to City now, we probably would go and run off with the title. Obviously, it is not going to happen but what's going on at Chelsea should remind us all that keeping Pellegrini may yet prove not to have been the worst option.

Chelsea about to lose at home to Bournemouth, they have amassed 15 measly points, and we think we're in the shit!

oh god, we're going to get Mourinho arent we.

Chelsea's woes this season give me no comfort for some our shameful performances this season.

Its likely if we did a swap of managers now both sides would improve their lot but nothing is guaranteed as it would if Pep started tomorrow.

In saying that I am sure history will show we made a mistake not replacing MP over the summer.

Just how a big a one will depend on the players pride and desire to stay in the race for a top four position until seasons end.

The fact Leicester are three points above us indicates how ordinary the premiership is at present and how ordinary a side we have become.

well, i might as well put up a shitty graph, slightly giving Manuel a chance;

the following shows his 3 seasons (so far) and Mancini's 3 seasons, as goals per game as the season progresses;

v4McVvn.jpg

the lightest blue line is this season and shows a slightly worrying downward trend. However, there's still time for him to rescue the season. We're at the same pts position as we were when he won the title; and the rest of the league is rubbish.

however, i cant deny the team is playing some really bad stuff at the moment. good luck manuel, please sort it.

Mangala is dogshit, did you see him v Hull in the week, he's two seconds behind play in his head, rubbish signing.

He played very well at the start of the season when we weren't conceding and then was dropped when Otamendi came. Hasn't been the same player since but I can see some potential in him. I think he and Kompany work very well together but he's now very much 3rd choice when everyone is fit.

Look at the shambles of a defence. This was when stoke hit the post. This is lack of coaching, not depth of squad.
image by Simon Jones, on Flickr

Sagna is up by De Bruyne, why is he there when the play is down our left? DeMichelis is where sagna should be and there is a35yard gap between the center backs.

image by Simon Jones, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.