Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Below is the squad Pellegrini had at his disposal to start season 2015/16, granted some players are on loan but that was his decision to let them go.
He had to choose 25 players for the Premier League, example below.

If you don't think that's a strong squad then your expectations are unrealistic.

Goalkeepers
Willy Caballero
Joe Hart
Richard Wright

Defenders
Nicolas Otamendi
Gael Clichy

Martin Demichelis
Jason Denayer
Aleksandar Kolarov
Vincent Kompany
Eliaquim Mangala
Bacary Sagna
Pablo Zabaleta

Midfielders
Fabian Delph
Fernando Francisco Reges
Fernandinho Luiz Roza
Samir Nasri
Jesus Navas
David Silva
Kevin De Bruyne
Raheem Sterling
Patrick Roberts
Yaya Toure

Bruno Zuculini

Strikers
Sergio Aguero
Wilfried Bony
Edin Dzeko
Kelechi Iheanacho
Stevan Jovetic

That is a very strong "Paper" squad.

Whilst we have some excellent players, IMO:

We have a single point of failure with Joe
We have Sagna who is looking knackered and Zab who has been in decline for a while (pains me to say)
Left backs are "reasonable", although defensively Kolo isn't up to top PL standards
We are too dependent on Vinnie. Without Ota this season, we would be in deep shit
Like it or not Yaya is in decline
Fernando is struggling to come to terms with the league
Nasri is finished with us mentally and physically
Sterling is "potential" and has a lot to learn
Bony is not fitting in at all well
Nacho is doing well but is too raw to lead the line at the moment.

Reading the individual player threads and transfer threads, it would appear many share this view.

Maybe my expectations are unreal, but I do feel that many still look back at what players did 2 or 3 seasons ago and that they will regain those standards, I have doubts with some tbh. Its all opinions though.

giphy.gif

He is not alone unfortunately, we have a few that feel 3rd in December is a crisis and i also said yesterday that in the last 45 years, I've seen many a fucking crisis in our great club and yesterday wasn't one of them.

So you think he will turn it round then? We have lost 4 out of 15 PL games so far(4 in ten since the first 5 ), three of those in gutless , spineless performances where we gave shipped 10 goals and scored 2.
The Liverpool game for me was the watershed and since then he has done nothing to change my mind.
There are plenty of well respected posters on here who are now saying the same thing.

Your backs to the wall Zulu style battle in his defence is commendable mate believe me, but this clown will have us ending up potless come the seasons end.

yes I would sack him, but its not because of yesterday, I just don't like him, his tactics , his style , I really think we should be running away with this league right now but we are struggling to even score a goal in some games..

So you think he will turn it round then? We have lost 4 out of 15 PL games so far(4 in ten since the first 5 ), three of those in gutless , spineless performances where we gave shipped 10 goals and scored 2.
The Liverpool game for me was the watershed and since then he has done nothing to change my mind.
There are plenty of well respected posters on here who are now saying the same thing.

Your backs to the wall Zulu style battle in his defence is commendable mate believe me, but this clown will have us ending up potless come the seasons end.

I firmly believe we will win the league and at east one of the domestic cups so yeah, i honestly think he will turn it round. If he doesn't and we end up potless, so what? Will someone die? Will the earth stop spinning? Will we go out of business?

So many have hung their hats on the "i want him sacked now" peg and its just not going to happen. Not a fucking chance so do you get on with supporting the best club in the world and enjoy or do you let some weird hate consume you for the rest of the season?

That said though, I also think he will be gone in the summer despite that as the club follows a plan that Ferran has told us all is in place with a manager having a set cycle before moving on.

Honestly we have so much to look forward to as a club and yesterday, like Liverpool was a minor defeat, a bump in the road, that is all.

Pellegrini is no clown, his record as a professional manager is right up there and the casual use of some language on here towards him is childish and way out of line.

Not one of you was calling him a clown after his first season i can guarantee that.

yes I would sack him, but its not because of yesterday, I just don't like him, his tactics , his style , I really think we should be running away with this league right now but we are struggling to even score a goal in some games..
We are a supposed all-out attacking, forward thinking, goal hungry club and we even struggled to create a single decent chance in 90minutes of football with a front three that cost us almost £125m yesterday!

I know Barça only drew last night but their front three st least created about eight really good chances, they just missed them.

Spot on. Some shit is spouted on here and I understand there is anger after a loss but his posts have a consistency about them.

To be fair though so do yours mate. To be fair to Manuel the players under performing isn't entirely his fault but their fitness and bad tactics are his fault! What's the betting we play a two man midfield against borussia and get over run AGAIN!!!

To be fair though so do yours mate. To be fair to Manuel the players under performing isn't entirely his fault but their fitness and bad tactics are his fault! What's the betting we play a two man midfield against borussia and get over run AGAIN!!!

On the style of play, it seems many, yourself included have a beef with Ferran, Txiki, marwood, Khaldoon and ultimately Mansour over our style of play as its been stated many times, the club is going to play in a certain way, from top to bottom and whilst it will take time, and might not always win us games, its a style we will stick to and it isnt going to change regardless of the manager in place.

So far its done very fucking well, just look at our trophy cabinet and remember how it looked before this so called disaster of a system was implemented.

Not having a go at you personally but it isnt going to change.

That is a very strong "Paper" squad.

Whilst we have some excellent players, IMO:

We have a single point of failure with Joe
We have Sagna who is looking knackered and Zab who has been in decline for a while (pains me to say)
Left backs are "reasonable", although defensively Kolo isn't up to top PL standards
We are too dependent on Vinnie. Without Ota this season, we would be in deep shit
Like it or not Yaya is in decline
Fernando is struggling to come to terms with the league
Nasri is finished with us mentally and physically
Sterling is "potential" and has a lot to learn
Bony is not fitting in at all well
Nacho is doing well but is too raw to lead the line at the moment.

Reading the individual player threads and transfer threads, it would appear many share this view.

Maybe my expectations are unreal, but I do feel that many still look back at what players did 2 or 3 seasons ago and that they will regain those standards, I have doubts with some tbh. Its all opinions though.

And what turns a strong "Paper" squad into a strong team, the guy that picks/trains the players, tactics and tempo.

The acid test for me is at no point this season have we gone into a game as the underdogs, man for man we have better players with better technic, so if they doesn't demonstrate strength then what does?

On the style of play, it seems many, yourself included have a beef with Ferran, Txiki, marwood, Khaldoon and ultimately Mansour over our style of play as its been stated many times, the club is going to play in a certain way, from top to bottom and whilst it will take time, and might not always win us games, its a style we will stick to and it isnt going to change regardless of the manager in place.

So far its done very fucking well, just look at our trophy cabinet and remember how it looked before this so called disaster of a system was implemented.

Not having a go at you personally but it isnt going to change.

But do you not think teams have now worked out how to play our same game system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.