Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 4 competitions to fight for

Yesterday we were top. We have qualified from the Champions League. We are in the semi-finals of the League Cup.

Yes we are in a bad moment but we had these in title winning seasons before, and this time it's glaringly obvious that the team is missing key players. Look at the bench yesterday. We went down to 10 men after 70 minutes. I know the game was gone by then, but we're offloading all on Pellegrini

He is making mistakes, but can we just do what fans are supposed to do and stop moaning and get behind the team? There are moments when you have to do it and it works. Remember City at home to Stoke in Division 2 at Christmas. 1-0 down at half time, and from that moment we won again and again and again.

We need to be the extra man now. Stop moaning. We are all aware there are problems. The manager is not a total idiot. he has won stuff, and that goes for the players too.

The games are coming thick and fast now. Lets beat Borussia, top the group, and then put it right game by game.

On the style of play, it seems many, yourself included have a beef with Ferran, Txiki, marwood, Khaldoon and ultimately Mansour over our style of play as its been stated many times, the club is going to play in a certain way, from top to bottom and whilst it will take time, and might not always win us games, its a style we will stick to and it isnt going to change regardless of the manager in place.

So far its done very fucking well, just look at our trophy cabinet and remember how it looked before this so called disaster of a system was implemented.

Not having a go at you personally but it isnt going to change.
If Guardiola becomes out manager our style of play will change significantly. Yes it may appear that both Pellegrini and Guardiola play a high line'd defence, attacking style of play, but that's where the similarities start and finish. Every single other detail of Guardiola's philosophy is competely different (or actually exists!) to Pellegrini's.

On the style of play, it seems many, yourself included have a beef with Ferran, Txiki, marwood, Khaldoon and ultimately Mansour over our style of play as its been stated many times, the club is going to play in a certain way, from top to bottom and whilst it will take time, and might not always win us games, its a style we will stick to and it isnt going to change regardless of the manager in place.

So far its done very fucking well, just look at our trophy cabinet and remember how it looked before this so called disaster of a system was implemented.

Not having a go at you personally but it isnt going to change.

I'm sorry but you know nowt about what the hierarchy want. Clearly they want attacking football, did they get it against Villa, Stoke, Liverpool......

You don't have to play a rigid 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and I don't think the club are enforcing that. if they were, then why go balls deep for Pep when he varies the formation and personal virtually game to game.

But do you not think teams have now worked out how to play our same game system?

Im sure a few have given they have some great players and its their job, given its a competition but im also sure recent successes have been more down to a loss of players on our end rather than us being found out.

We could have played any formation or system you could care to name yesterday and we would have got beat as the players out on the pitch just never showed up.

Ultimately that's the managers responsibility, no one will argue otherwise but most on here are just not seeing and accepting the bigger picture right now and are wanting to fight a battle they can never win.

Pep will come, play the same way and we will no doubt get the odd dicking like yesterday but we will also win the vast majority of our games, like we have under Pellegrini and we will win silverware, just like we have done under Pellegrini.

The club signs the players, the system is now laid down in stone and the manager whoever it is will implement it and it will stand us in very good stead long term, no doubt.

And what turns a strong "Paper" squad into a strong team, the guy that picks/trains the players, tactics and tempo.

The acid test for me is at no point this season have we gone into a game as the underdogs, man for man we have better players with better technic, so if they doesn't demonstrate strength then what does?
In the real world players have dips in form, and there was a glarig weakness at the heart of our defence. If you go a goal down through that weakness its very difficult.

Football can be hard even for the best squads.

We're getting like Utd fans

Even after a bad run, look where we are. There's all to play for. Chelsea's season is gone now. many many times Pellegrini has been compared to Mourinho. Likewise Klopp last season at Dortmund. Managers can not control everything.

Lose: "Sack the manager". It's not time for that now. I would change the manager. I ran out of patience with him last season, but I know the club aren't going to change him. I'd rather spend my time productively supporting the team while we have so much to play for

Im sure a few have given they have some great players and its their job, given its a competition but im also sure recent successes have been more down to a loss of players on our end rather than us being found out.

We could have played any formation or system you could care to name yesterday and we would have got beat as the players out on the pitch just never showed up.

Ultimately that's the managers responsibility, no one will argue otherwise but most on here are just not seeing and accepting the bigger picture right now and are wanting to fight a battle they can never win.

Pep will come, play the same way and we will no doubt get the odd dicking like yesterday but we will also win the vast majority of our games, like we have under Pellegrini and we will win silverware, just like we have done under Pellegrini.

The club signs the players, the system is now laid down in stone and the manager whoever it is will implement it and it will stand us in very good stead long term, no doubt.

I hope so blue as the bottom line the club is the most important thing. I just can't help thinking a bad result at home to Swansea will see our fans venting some serious frustration inside the stadium for the board to see

I'm sorry but you know nowt about what the hierarchy want. Clearly they want attacking football, did they get it against Villa, Stoke, Liverpool......

You don't have to play a rigid 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and I don't think the club are enforcing that. if they were, then why go balls deep for Pep when he varies the formation and personal virtually game to game.

5 mins on google will give you plenty of reading material where Ferran is qouted on how we as a club will lay our football for years to come, regardless of what manager we have.

I hope so blue as the bottom line the club is the most important thing. I just can't help thinking a bad result at home to Swansea will see our fans venting some serious frustration inside the stadium for the board to see

Thankfully the majority of fans in the stadium are not a reflection of bluemoan

5 mins on google will give you plenty of reading material where Ferran is qouted on how we as a club will lay our football for years to come, regardless of what manager we have.

Send me a link where it says the manager has to play a fixed formation that plays into the opposition strengths. The holistic approach does not mean rigid!

There are 4 competitions to fight for

Yesterday we were top. We have qualified from the Champions League. We are in the semi-finals of the League Cup.

Yes we are in a bad moment but we had these in title winning seasons before, and this time it's glaringly obvious that the team is missing key players. Look at the bench yesterday. We went down to 10 men after 70 minutes. I know the game was gone by then, but we're offloading all on Pellegrini

He is making mistakes, but can we just do what fans are supposed to do and stop moaning and get behind the team? There are moments when you have to do it and it works. Remember City at home to Stoke in Division 2 at Christmas. 1-0 down at half time, and from that moment we won again and again and again.

We need to be the extra man now. Stop moaning. We are all aware there are problems. The manager is not a total idiot. he has won stuff, and that goes for the players too.

The games are coming thick and fast now. Lets beat Borussia, top the group, and then put it right game by game.

I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously. Your opinion changes virtually every other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.