Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have definitely got Pep lol.

I wonder who at Chelsea leaked this little fib?

I don't think it's ever been in doubt that he's a decent man who should be respected by everyone at the club for coming in and steadying the volatile changing room that Mancini had left.
The concerns from the football side of things are genuine though and should be asked without risk of accusations of disrespect.
I'd love him to continue with the CFG in some capacity but if he moves on he'll do so with my best wishes and a huge thanks for his time here.

I could see him at Chelsea next year as a pretty sensible move. They need someone to settle the ship and get the dressing room back, a lot like we did after Mancini, so he'd be a decent choice for that. They need a lot less drama in that department and Pellegrini is as good as anyone at that imo. It depends just how damaged the dressing room morale and trust is, as if it's as bad as it looks then they might have to sacrifice a bit of tactical nous for a calming influence.

According to senior Chelsea sources, financial terms have already been discussed with Pellegrini's representatives and a pre-contract deal put in place. Abramovich is also understood to be considering installing Didier Drogba as one of Pellegrini's assistants, with the hugely popular former Chelsea striker already on record about an agreement to return to the club in a coaching capacity after his spell in MLS at Montreal Impact.

wtf ! would hate this

According to senior Chelsea sources, financial terms have already been discussed with Pellegrini's representatives and a pre-contract deal put in place. Abramovich is also understood to be considering installing Didier Drogba as one of Pellegrini's assistants, with the hugely popular former Chelsea striker already on record about an agreement to return to the club in a coaching capacity after his spell in MLS at Montreal Impact.

wtf ! would hate this

Innit. But from Chelsea's POV it's a superb appointment. Especially considering they won't have CL football next season and will need to get back into the top 4.

Well, watching the Liverpool game earlier in the afternoon, I was so impressed with the Watford manager Enrique "Quique" Sánchez Flores. Yet another excellent game in charge of the Hornets. Extremely flexible in his set up and tactics always chosen to suit the opposition.
If we fail to get Pep then this chap is the man - he'll certainly do away with this constant high defensive line that Pellegrini wheels out every game regardless of the opposition.

Last edited:

wtf ! would hate this
Would certainly make our game with them interesting if this turned out to be the case,pellegrini may employ a 1 man midfield instead of the normal 2 for this game,..

Fair play to him if he backs himself to go up against us. I'll be a bit gutted if he went to Chelsea though. He deserves a better club than them.

I don't think it's ever been in doubt that he's a decent man who should be respected by everyone at the club for coming in and steadying the volatile changing room that Mancini had left.
The concerns from the football side of things are genuine though and should be asked without risk of accusations of disrespect.
I'd love him to continue with the CFG in some capacity but if he moves on he'll do so with my best wishes and a huge thanks for his time here.

Completely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.